Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 93 users in the forums

Trade idea (Julio Jones)

I'm guess even if we offered Falcons that or slightly better they'd still ship him out of the conference.
Originally posted by boast:
over the past week, didnt really think the Niners would end up with him anyway. still wont put TEN over the top IMO. happy to not see him in SEA or LAR.

This
What is Julio thinking.. he should know the Titans arent winning anything lol
Julio won't put up numbers with the Titans. ATL got the dump they wanted and he's not in our division or conference so I'm not too upset. I did want him tho
Lol well Titans could use him too

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Close this puppy up.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
What is Julio thinking.. he should know the Titans arent winning anything lol

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would love to know what the 9ers offered or if they did at all??
No way in hell we were going to take on his entire salary so I'm kind of glad. Don't worry he'll be in the midst of a 2-month hammy rehab by Christmas.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
No way in hell we were going to take on his entire salary so I'm kind of glad. Don't worry he'll be in the midst of a 2-month hammy rehab by Christmas.

Yeah, injuries is always going to be an issue with him.
There goes our deep threat, teams are going to stack 8 in the box and dare Jimmy to toss it up
Originally posted by Since07:
There goes our deep threat, teams are going to stack 8 in the box and dare Jimmy to toss it up

Have you not seen Aiyuk play?
Originally posted by Since07:

Good. We will destroy 8 in the box.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Glad that nonsense is over.

Yeah. Nonsense considering we don't have a #1, we have the capspace, he has history with Shanahan, he asked for a trade, etc.

You may not have wanted him for whatever silly reason, but the fit made sense and absolutely wasn't nonsense.

We didn't have the cap room, I made it clear we would have had to redo at least Armstead & Tomlinson, plus maybe award, as it stands we'll likely have around just $6m-$7m in cap room when the season starts, that's without an extension for Warner. Also 2022 wise, we'll only be about $22m under when Jimmy is gone, Warner's 2022 cap hit likely will be $5.5m, so now they'd be $16.5m under which is enough to re-sign key free agents or extend some guys like Bosa, Dre & Deebo. If we took on Jones' $11.513m number in 2022 our cap room goes down to just $4.987m, nowhere enough to re-sign anyone or sign replacements or sign their picks or have cap room in season to begin 2022. It was never gonna happen because 1. He costs too much, and we'd deplete our picks, even a 2022 2nd and 2023 4th would hurt the draft capital.
Share 49ersWebzone