LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Trade idea (Julio Jones)

Our game vs the Falcons becomes abit easier. Though our game vs the Titans becomes much harder. I was marking that Titans game a schedule loss anyways. Alot of travel and only 3 days rest and 10th straight week of playing Football. But I said before that if Julio is traded to the Titans I would consider that a win for us. It's not the Seahawks and he's out of the NFC all together.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Jun 6, 2021 at 1:50 PM ]
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Since07:
There goes our deep threat, teams are going to stack 8 in the box and dare Jimmy to toss it up

Have you not seen Aiyuk play?
Yeah BA is like an incubating Davante Adams IMO.
I'm sort of disappointed but that just means we will be able to resign Warner/Bosa/etc. without stressing the cap gymnastics.

FWIW Aiyuk can definitely be a #1, we just need whoever to be throwing his way to be healthy and consistent
Thought he said he wanted to go to a contender
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Thought he said he wanted to go to a contender

They are a contender.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Glad that nonsense is over.

Yeah. Nonsense considering we don't have a #1, we have the capspace, he has history with Shanahan, he asked for a trade, etc.

You may not have wanted him for whatever silly reason, but the fit made sense and absolutely wasn't nonsense.

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb post. We can afford him, we have a rookie quarterback with a small cap hit for the next 4 years and are dumping Jimmy Garoppolo salary next year as well as a salary cap going up. A lot of teams are in worse can salary cap shape than we are and made deals work. We could've restructured his contract if we traded for him.

Plus, our receivers haven't had the best luck with injuries as well. It would've been a good move but the Falcons in no way shape or form would've wanted to trade Julio to us unless we offered way more than the Titans (I think a lot of us including myself were predicting that he would go to the Titans over a week ago)

At least now the Titans have a chance to beat the Chiefs every year in the playoffs
[ Edited by elguapo on Jun 6, 2021 at 3:43 PM ]
At least the Seahags didn't get him😆
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Young2Owens.
Aiyuk emerges as our definitive #1 this year
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

He was on pace for over 1000 yards and later on in the season he was averaging close to 90 yards and a td per game. (He missed 4 games I believe) He is a #1 wr and will only get better.

Deebo is a good wr and very versatile but often injured. I hope Hurd can take the #3 role (or Jennings/Watkins) bc James jr is inconsistent to say the least
[ Edited by elguapo on Jun 6, 2021 at 5:26 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

He was on pace for over 1000 yards and later on in the season he was averaging close to 90 yards and a td per game. (He missed 4 games I believe) He is a #1 wr and will only get better.

Deebo is a good wr and very versatile but often injured. I hope Hurd can take the #3 role (or Jennings/Watkins) bc James jr is inconsistent to say the least

Yeah, I think 2 were due to injury and the other were because he was on the Covid-19 list, it's like those who said Trent couldn't stay healthy cause he missed 2 games, 1 the final game due to a non serious injury, and second for being on the COVID-19 list since I believe he was staying with Aiyuk & Bourne or those 3 were roommates.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Close this puppy up.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Close this puppy up.

You got your damn Julio Jones news

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yeah, I think 2 were due to injury and the other were because he was on the Covid-19 list, it's like those who said Trent couldn't stay healthy cause he missed 2 games, 1 the final game due to a non serious injury, and second for being on the COVID-19 list since I believe he was staying with Aiyuk & Bourne or those 3 were roommates.

that's right the GB Covid game and the first 2 games of the year. Imagine if we had Aiyuk or Deebo in that Cards game. It's an easy win. We were only 21 yards away from winning with Pettis and Trent Taylor and a 5th string Center. At least we got a better draft position and had to give up less to move to #3

that's right the GB Covid game and the first 2 games of the year. Imagine if we had Aiyuk or Deebo in that Cards game. It's an easy win. We were only 21 yards away from winning with Pettis and Trent Taylor and a 5th string Center. At least we got a better draft position and had to give up less to move to #3

The cards, eagles, wft and final sea game were all very winnable even with all the injuries
Originally posted by frenchmov:

The cards, eagles, wft and final sea game were all very winnable even with all the injuries

Very true and the Cowboys too. We really have at least a 10 to 12 win team with only a few major injuries not our whole damn team. Also, if we have very limited injuries we are a 13 win team
[ Edited by elguapo on Jun 6, 2021 at 11:31 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Close this puppy up.

Might as well. Pipe dream over. We was never going to get him anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone