LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Trade idea (Julio Jones)

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Might as well. Pipe dream over. We was never going to get him anyway.

Disagree they were never gonna get him, the difference was TEN plays in the AFC and was willing to eat up all of his contract. Sounds like SF was in play according to Rap this AM. Titans just gave up more (and took on more).
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Close this puppy up.

You got your damn Julio Jones news

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yeah, I think 2 were due to injury and the other were because he was on the Covid-19 list, it's like those who said Trent couldn't stay healthy cause he missed 2 games, 1 the final game due to a non serious injury, and second for being on the COVID-19 list since I believe he was staying with Aiyuk & Bourne or those 3 were roommates.

that's right the GB Covid game and the first 2 games of the year. Imagine if we had Aiyuk or Deebo in that Cards game. It's an easy win. We were only 21 yards away from winning with Pettis and Trent Taylor and a 5th string Center. At least we got a better draft position and had to give up less to move to #3

Yep, no way I'd call Aiyuk or Trent injury prone, look at Deebo's rookie year he only missed 1 game, he played in 7 last season, but he missed what the first 3 due to the injury he suffered in the offseason while being Jimmy's minicamp, so even then I wouldn't call Deebo injury prone.
Well before this gets locked, I hate to say I told you so, but, I told you guys, it was unlikely the 49ers would land Julio, I'm just glad he's out of the NFC, especially the NFC West.
Well before this gets locked, I hate to say I told you so, but, I told you guys, it was unlikely the 49ers would land Julio, I'm just glad he's out of the NFC, especially the NFC West.

It was obvious when ATL needed to clear salary that we wasn't getting him. We couldn't afford him. But I'm glad. Rather have our young guys locked up.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Might as well. Pipe dream over. We was never going to get him anyway.

Disagree they were never gonna get him, the difference was TEN plays in the AFC and was willing to eat up all of his contract. Sounds like SF was in play according to Rap this AM. Titans just gave up more (and took on more).

If anyone was willing to take his entire contract we was out. We couldn't. I'm sure we had an offer in but not for 100% of contract.
If anyone was willing to take his entire contract we was out. We couldn't. I'm sure we had an offer in but not for 100% of contract.

Agreed. end of the day it sounds like the Titans were one of the only real bidders and taking on all of his salary was massive for ATL.

If Jones plays well this yr he's also gonna want a "raise" so there's that as well. Just glad he's in the AFC

😂 something tells me you don't actually hate to say it if you took the time to write it and press "post this reply"
Originally posted by Youngone:

😂 something tells me you don't actually hate to say it if you took the time to write it and press "post this reply"

Lol, I really don't take joy in being right on these things, but I was, so I should gloat Lol
Like a lot of us said, there was never a 1st on the table…

Yeah, again don't trust what the media is saying, they get fed false info.

Originally posted by SFrush:
If you want to keep your head in the sand because your still bitter about the Mac Jones situation by all means.

I thought there was a first on the table?

I think everyone would've loved to have him here but you are right that deep down we knew it couldn't work $$ wise (or was potentially irresponsible to "make" it work)
Im just glad that we're at the point where having Julio was a luxury, not a pressing need
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Not just that. Seems like all the rumors again were just talk ....

• The Ravens discussed a Jones trade with the Falcons prior to the draft, but pulled out of the running after taking Rashod Bateman in the first round, and never got back in. The Patriots never showed real interest to Atlanta in Jones, and the Raiders (perhaps for cash reasons) weren't in it either. The Falcons did wind up talking to all four NFC West teams about a Jones trade, but never got a real offer from any of them.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/07/mmqb-what-you-need-to-know-about-julio-jones-trade-daily-cover

I am guessing Falcons were firm about the salary being taken on in full.
Share 49ersWebzone