LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Trade idea (Julio Jones)

Same answer as last year. Hell No
If we lose Deebo, he might be a nice stop gap while we develop a replacement. I sure hope Deebo stays
If the Niners trade Deebo, and bring in a couple of rookie WRs, Aiyuk would be the lead in the room. Someone like Julio would be great as an "elder statesman".

He would likely get veteran rest days, and would be used sparingly during the season, but it would be great to have him healthy and rested for big games.
Where does he have a better chance of winning a super bowl than here being the number 3. Will Fuller is another interesting option if he could be had at the right price.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Where does he have a better chance of winning a super bowl than here being the number 3. Will Fuller is another interesting option if he could be had at the right price.

If he takes a vet min sure
PFF article operating under assumption we won't have Deebo.
NO. Unless deebo gets traded. I think Jennings is a better #3wr and i doubt Julio will go for #4wr. If deebo is gone, Jones as possible #2wr is doable.
Get Julio. He hasn't lost anything. You can track this by watching all-22 and seeing his real life move speed in game. Injury riddled year but hey it's football that happens. He's 100% now.
Can he suit up at Center?
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Can he suit up at Center?

That's what Poe is for

Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
We need to get in on Julio. He has gas left in that tank we could be buying a WR1 on the cheap.

Julio is a #2 at best at this point. The Titans got rid of him for a reason.

He be a nice depth piece here.

They got rid of him because he was injured most of the season.

I don't know if he would be our #2, but even as a #3, that'd be nice. Having him go in to spell Deebo or Aiyuk has value...and not being on the field all the time may allow him to perform at a higher level when he is on the field. What's more any experience that he can share with the WR core would be worthwhile. Especially for the younger players.

The question is: What's the price tag?
[ Edited by Jakemall on May 5, 2022 at 8:51 PM ]
Jones, JC Tretter and Tartt or other free agent safety can be had and still have available money if JG is traded or released. Not really sure what the hold up is. Fill 3 spots ( 2 being of need) by releasing or trading a player that was not in long term plans 2 yrs ago. Reminds me of Packers and Jordan Love situation. Only difference is that Packers have Aaron Rodgers, niners have a QB that isn't trusted to throw more than 15 yds down field
[ Edited by Drod1008 on May 6, 2022 at 10:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone