LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 247 users in the forums

**William Moore bandwagon**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I've got the keys to this bandwagon and I'm on it all the way. Sure we might need a NT, DE or RT, but our secondary is getting old and quiet at FS I think its time we got our star safety to complete our secondary.

William Moore in 2009

2nd That
I've been calling for Moore for awhile. He's got to be our first pick now
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
In 2006 it was Michael Huff....2007 LaRon Landry.....2008 Kenny Phillips.....can this be the year??
William Moore has been used and abused this year. In no way is he a top of the first round prospect. He might not even be a first rounder this year.

He was awesome last year, but I heard he put on a lot of weight this year and is just slow and not the playmaker he was last year.

I still am interested in him in the second based on last yar and if he can shed those pounds and return to form but I think he could drop far this year.

Think Kenny Phillips. Everyone had him as a top 10 then a top 15 pick for a long time. Then scouts watch game film and realize he really isn't all that.

William Moore is not worth our pick in the top of the first.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
William Moore has been used and abused this year. In no way is he a top of the first round prospect. He might not even be a first rounder this year.

He was awesome last year, but I heard he put on a lot of weight this year and is just slow and not the playmaker he was last year.

I still am interested in him in the second based on last yar and if he can shed those pounds and return to form but I think he could drop far this year.

Think Kenny Phillips. Everyone had him as a top 10 then a top 15 pick for a long time. Then scouts watch game film and realize he really isn't all that.

I could careless where we draft him, all I know is he couldn't be any worse than what Roman has showed. And as Mark Roman's BIGGEST critic, I don't think he is the worst FS we ever had, but the quietest one (even Ronnie Heard had a 3 pick game). And I have no doubt if Moore was thrown in the fire as a rookie he could perform better or up to par with Mark Roman....I'd be willing to bet even Reggie Smith.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

apparently he's got an ankle injury. I think we'll determine where we draft him based on his combine numbers. If he can show he can get the weight off, then he'll be a 1st rounder for sure.
Moore? Mays? Flip a coin... I'd be happy with either one.

Niner
Rather have Mays.
This is how I see the safety position. An elite Safety can change your whole team. If you disagree watch Reed/Polumolu/Sanders etc. But anything short of elite for a safety gets lost. Not saying we don't need an upgrade, but if the guy isn't the next Ed Reed he just isn't worth that high of a pick. And I don't think Moore is that guy. The only safeties that interest me are Chung (out of Oregon) and Johnson (out of Alabama). Both second round prospects. As for Strong Safety. I'm not keen on Lewis. Im quite curious as to what Reggie Smith can do tho...

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
This is how I see the safety position. An elite Safety can change your whole team. If you disagree watch Reed/Polumolu/Sanders etc. But anything short of elite for a safety gets lost. Not saying we don't need an upgrade, but if the guy isn't the next Ed Reed he just isn't worth that high of a pick. And I don't think Moore is that guy. The only safeties that interest me are Chung (out of Oregon) and Johnson (out of Alabama). Both second round prospects. As for Strong Safety. I'm not keen on Lewis. Im quite curious as to what Reggie Smith can do tho...

i like ronald johnson anyways id be happy with either mays or moore....another possibility maybe third round and could be just ass good is kam chancellor from VT he is a junior but might come out

[ Edited by thuglife619 on Dec 9, 2008 at 08:16:27 ]
Did Moore play in the Oklahoma game last week? If so I didn't hear his name called very much if at all.
Goldson and Reggie Smith

We don't need this guy.
Originally posted by redngold:
Goldson and Reggie Smith

We don't need this guy.

We do need this guy. Or Mays. Or Chung (although I dont know much about him)

Point is, we need a major upgrade in the secondary. I wish they would play Smith there to at least see what we've got but....
There's gotta be a reason we havn't seen him out there, cause it seems to me that coach Sing would give him a shot.
Jrg1 approves this thread.

evil says get our pass rusher or Crabtree in the 1st and get David Bruton in the 3rd-4th!

Share 49ersWebzone