LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 235 users in the forums

**William Moore bandwagon**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by evil:
Jrg1 approves this thread.

evil says get our pass rusher or Crabtree in the 1st and get David Bruton in the 3rd-4th!

I believe this draft will be deep with pass-rushers and Crabtree isn't coming out for the draft, therefore Moore has to be the pick!!!
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:

evil says get our pass rusher or Crabtree in the 1st and get David Bruton in the 3rd-4th!

I believe this draft will be deep with pass-rushers and Crabtree isn't coming out for the draft, therefore Moore has to be the pick!!!

He really isn't? Or are you just assuming? I'd really like to know if you know for sure.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

He really isn't? Or are you just assuming? I'd really like to know if you know for sure.

Crabtree mentioned on a Red Raider website that he was coming back, but then he backpedaled and his dad stated that they hadn't decided. I think the general consensus is that he's going to come out, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.
I like Moore alot but he is a late round pick and will go to the Patriots

We can get a good Safety in Derek Pegues in the 2nd or the 3rd round.Pegues can return punts
  • jrg
  • Veteran
William Moore is the s**t!
This guy is going to be special. Hopefully in RED AND GOLD!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
I like Moore alot but he is a late round pick and will go to the Patriots

We can get a good Safety in Derek Pegues in the 2nd or the 3rd round.Pegues can return punts

But we have Allen Rossum that can return punts for us already, and hes pretty good at it.
More and more I am seeing his stock drop a bit. Used to be hailed as a top 15 pick. Now, he's in the twenties in most other mocks. Taylor Mays has jumped ahead of him.

I want either one, really. I keep seeing old vids of "Chicken Dance" hanks and Lott where they annihilate there opponents in the middle of the field.

Hey Kolohe,

In your opinion, what seperates Moore from Mays?
What has he done this year? Missouri's pass defense sucks.
Originally posted by ninertico:
More and more I am seeing his stock drop a bit. Used to be hailed as a top 15 pick. Now, he's in the twenties in most other mocks. Taylor Mays has jumped ahead of him.

I want either one, really. I keep seeing old vids of "Chicken Dance" hanks and Lott where they annihilate there opponents in the middle of the field.

Hey Kolohe,

I'm not Kolohe, but Moore has production.
On the other hand, I expect Denver to select Moore or Mays as they have some horrendous safeties.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninertico:

Hey Kolohe,

Well I actually like both Moore and Mays and wouldn't be mad if we drafted Mays either. But IMO what separates Moore from Mays would have to be in coverage, I think Moore is much better in coverage than Mays. Moore is a playmaker, has 3 defensive TD's in his college career along with 10 picks. His stats alone are much better than LaRon Landry's, and Landry was drafted #6 overall. All Moore has to do is run a low 4.4 and just like that he'll be in the top 10. All that and Moore can deliver some nasty hits, like I said Moore just has to be the pick.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
What has he done this year? Missouri's pass defense sucks.

Well its true he is not having a great year, compared to last season
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wouldn't mind drafting him at all. I hoped Moore would get a little more attention. Earlier in the year, some people were a little concerned with the drop in stats. Well when you lead the nation in INT's, it's hard to improve on that. Doesn't mean you're not doing well if you're not putting up all the big stats though.

Moore, in our defense, I believe could be such a force. Though..

Right now however, I'm eyeing DeAngelo Smith from Cincinnati in the 3rd as a great Safety option, or Sherrod Martin of Troy in the 5th, who is really making a name for himself right now.

*cough*David Bruton*cough*

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I want to replace both of our safeties. Michael Lewis just isn't getting it done in pass coverage, and outside of big hits, he hasn't really impressed me in the run game. He's too expensive as a backup, so that's where it gets tricky. Reggie Smith has been one of the best strong safeties in college for several years. Now that Singletary decided to go crazy and put players in the positions that they were meant to play (ie. putting Chilo at guard, Snyder at T, and defenders back into their 3-4 positions) its looking like Smith will have to find his home on the niners at the strong safety position. I'm actually quite excited about him there. As for the FS, its hard to say. The problem is Willis. Until he becomes the true leader of that defense, we may have to keep Roman, or sign another veteran, who can manage the defense before the huddle. I'm not crazy about Roman in any sense, but at the same time I don't see a reason to replace him with a decent-good player. Our secondary needs a play maker. Hopefully Smith can be that guy. Noone else has stepped up. Nate is one of my favorite players, and an amazing all around corner. But he's simply not the guy who'll put up points for you. Since no such corner or safety is out there, I would say we're best off not touching the position until a later round. Round 2, however, it satarts getting interesting. Rashad Johnson anyone?

Reggie Smith started his career at OU playing SS but finished it as a CB. His skill set though better suits him for FS in the NFL IMHO, not SS. BTW Michael Lewis is fine back there, if we had a pass rush and a better center fielding FS Lewis wouldn't look as bad as he has at times this year. Overall he has done a good job, he is not part of the problem and we should not look to supplant him at this time. His experience is also most valuable to our defense.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
William Moore in 2009!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone