There are 301 users in the forums

The Christian Ponder Bandwagon

Nov 30, 2008 - Back injury (which he hid from FSU coaches)
Nov 8, 2009 - Right shoulder seperation (cost him the season)
Oct 17, 2010 - Right Elbow injury (ruptured bursa sac) injury hampered him through outthe rest of the year even causing him to miss the ACC title game. (Which they lost)
Dec 31, 2010 - Concussion (missed the rest of the bowl game)

In summary - He is a right handed QB with a history of Right arm issues. Not to mention that he missed time due to a concussion, arguably the most common QB injury in the pros.

Christian Ponder is not the answer.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Oct 17, 2010 - Right Elbow injury (ruptured bursa sac) injury hampered him through outthe rest of the year even causing him to miss the ACC title game. (Which they lost)

In summary - He is a right handed QB with a history of Right arm issues. Not to mention that he missed time due to a concussion, arguably the most common QB injury in the pros.

Ponder would be a great pick in the 3rd. Sit him for 2 years to fully heal, gain strength and learn the playbook he could be a stud or good back up.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Another reason to draft Christian Ponder over Cam Newton.......Cam has the heisman, but Christian has the real trophy. Nicely done Christian.
Christian's Girlfriend: Kacie McDonnell

Is hotter then Cam's:Natalian Carr

wow. ponders girl is just...wow

My words exactly.

Cam's girl is thicker than a shnicker
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Have to keep an eye on the Bengals in the 2nd round though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Envy:

Everyone in the top 5 that doesn't go Qb, will take one in the 2nd.

2008 back injury is BS. He played the entire season.

The rest of his injuries/ besides the concussion, is a result of him not taking time off to heal. Yes he injured his elbow but it lingered throughout the rest of the year until it finally became swollen and forced him to miss.

Injuries are a concern but Ponder is no puss. He'll play until you take him off the field. He even tried to play in the Bowl game this past year.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Ponder would be a great pick in the 3rd. Sit him for 2 years to fully heal, gain strength and learn the playbook he could be a stud or good back up.

He'd be an amazing pick in the 3rd, but definitely won't last that long. A few pages back I mocked people saying we should take him in the 1st round (and it's still ridiculous at #7), but I have come around to the notion that he's now probably going to be the 3rd QB taken after Gabbert and Newton, based on the league and media hype surrounding him since the combine and Senior Bowl.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

True. I rate the kid and think he could flourish in a WCO. Hope he falls to us.
Originally posted by mayo49:

True. I rate the kid and think he could flourish in a WCO. Hope he falls to us.

No, I expect that we will need to trade up to get him.

He's already used to wearing red & gold!

Originally posted by PTulini:

He's already used to wearing red & gold!

I was thinking the same thing
Originally posted by miked1978:

2008 back injury is BS. He played the entire season.

The rest of his injuries/ besides the concussion, is a result of him not taking time off to heal. Yes he injured his elbow but it lingered throughout the rest of the year until it finally became swollen and forced him to miss.

Injuries are a concern but Ponder is no puss. He'll play until you take him off the field. He even tried to play in the Bowl game this past year.

I don't think anyone is trying to call him a puss. I certainly wasn't. I'm just trying to say that those are some pretty significant injuries for a QB people are projecting as a 2nd round pick. I'd be ok with a 3rd rounder, or trading back up into the mid to late 2nd.
this thread needs to be bumped...Ponder=WINNING!
Another reason to draft Christian Ponder over Cam Newton.......Cam has the heisman, but Christian has the real trophy. Nicely done Christian.

FSU coeds FTW.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

FSU coeds FTW.

Actually........she goes to Villanova University. But I do agree about the FSU coeds.
Share 49ersWebzone