There are 168 users in the forums

hjkl

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Stock dropped

I hope so. Would love to get him in the second.

Dorsett is a far better prospect with better hands

lol. No.
Anyone know when the official times start coming in?
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Stock dropped

lol. No.

your opinion At least Dorsett run blocks
Stock dropped

lol. No.

Do you have your prospects confused? Smith is much stronger and a better blocker.
For most prospects, a 4.42 is a good day. For Smith, it has to be a big letdown
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Maybe his slower than expected time drops him a little in the 2nd RD to be there at Niners pick.
Originally posted by crew:
Maybe his slower than expected time drops him a little in the 2nd RD to be there at Niners pick.

I hope so. Nobody's happier than I that Devin Smith had a bad combine. I'm not worried about this guy's speed in the least bit. He had a good 10-yard split (good not great), and 39'' vertical shows he has plenty of explosive power.

Devin Smith at 25 - 40 or so >>>>> Davante Parker at 15.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Stock dropped

lol. No.

Do you have your prospects confused? Smith is much stronger and a better blocker.
Stock dropped

+1 Regardless of his 40 time today. He's still the best deep threat in the draft imo.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I have to admit, I found that to be really disappointing too. I think this drops him down to earth some -- certainly not a first rounder like it seemed was possible if he ran a high 4.3 -- although I still think he's overrated being considered a 2nd rounder. Don't get me wrong, I still like him as a guy who can develop in his areas of weakness, but I have him tabbed as a third round talent. Dorsett, while smaller, seems to be the better player right now. Not only is he probably faster, but he's known for being able to beat the press with more than JUST his speed.

Originally posted by NinerSickness:

I hope so. Nobody's happier than I that Devin Smith had a bad combine. I'm not worried about this guy's speed in the least bit. He had a good 10-yard split (good not great), and 39'' vertical shows he has plenty of explosive power.

Devin Smith at 25 - 40 or so >>>>> Davante Parker at 15.

Are you suggesting the niners trade down in the first, trade up in the second or draft Parker at 15? My worries about Smith are the same as they were before he ran...that he's a 6' one route phenomena. I would like a guy who has proven with production that he can go over the middle as well as down the field. That requires the niners look for a stronger guy if one falls to them at 15. Not sure there is one at 46 that stands out.
He has game speed big difference in my opinion. I think this helps SF, they might be able to grab him in the 2nd now. Game tape doesn't lie. He can get down the field with the best of them

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Stock dropped

lol. No.

Yeah, okay, that's one scouting report, and there are literally hundreds out there. Have you actually watched him play?
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Are you suggesting the niners trade down in the first, trade up in the second or draft Parker at 15? My worries about Smith are the same as they were before he ran...that he's a 6' one route phenomena. I would like a guy who has proven with production that he can go over the middle as well as down the field. That requires the niners look for a stronger guy if one falls to them at 15. Not sure there is one at 46 that stands out.

It will be interesting to see Breshard Perriman's Pro Day results. Niners could trade down to #25 with Carolina, take Perriman there and pick up an extra 2nd RD pick.
Don't like the chances of Perriman being there at #46 in the 2nd.
Originally posted by crew:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

It will be interesting to see Breshard Perriman's Pro Day results. Niners could trade down to #25 with Carolina, take Perriman there and pick up an extra 2nd RD pick.
Don't like the chances of Perriman being there at #46 in the 2nd.

Perriman still seems pretty raw to me. If Tomsula and Baalke have a lot of faith in Henry and Curry, maybe we get a guy like Perriman with elite talent who needs a lot of work.
Share 49ersWebzone