LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 149 users in the forums

Patrick Mahomes QB

Originally posted by Jcool:

Pumping up every qb
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Pumping up every qb

The shotgun approach, say you like everyone and nobody knows how you really, really like.
Shorter than Watson

I would never have guess that looking at the tape.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Not surprised. I just dont think we will take him at #2. If we trade down he is definitely in play (or trade up from 2nd round round)
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by shmuck:
Shorter than Watson

That was a little surprising. I guess we can stop the Kap body type comparisons.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Shorter than Watson

Yea it's weird. Maybe our minds played tricks on us cuz they always said he was 6"3? Or maybe his lineman are just shorter than Watsons?
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Yea it's weird. Maybe our minds played tricks on us cuz they always said he was 6"3? Or maybe his lineman are just shorter than Watsons?

He has a decent frame. I can see him putting more weight on easily. He's in the mid 220's and still looks fairly skinny whereas a guy like Trubisky looks mostly tapped out.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 2, 2017 at 10:25 AM ]
The one thing about Mahomes that I see a lot of in his tape is the ability to throw outside fades and sideline throws. I am having a lot of trouble finding these tried in the other guys tape. These are the " big boy" throws that not even half of NFL QBs can make regularly. Kap can't make them and neither could Gabbert. It's a special trait of a QB and his arm and we should jump on it. His mechanics are horrible but he still makes them.
Originally posted by Fatman49er:
The one thing about Mahomes that I see a lot of in his tape is the ability to throw outside fades and sideline throws. I am having a lot of trouble finding these tried in the other guys tape. These are the " big boy" throws that not even half of NFL QBs can make regularly. Kap can't make them and neither could Gabbert. It's a special trait of a QB and his arm and we should jump on it. His mechanics are horrible but he still makes them.

Yep
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Yep

SD, who's your QB in this draft?

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Yep

I like Mahomes the best. There is risk to him because of his sloppy mechanics and unorthodox play, but he has such great intrinsic talent. However, I don't think we will take him at #2 and he will be gone by our next pick.

Thus I'm looking at......Jerrod Evans, Virginia Tech in maybe the 3rd or even 4th. I'm not really sure where he goes. I consider him a 2nd round talent, but I'd assume he goes later. But I like the physical tools and think he is just starting to tap into his potential. Very far from a finished player, you see some bonehead decisions from time to time. I think if he stayed a year people would be looking at him emerging as a 1st rounder, from an article I read though he left early because of all the hits he was taking in the VT offense.

Yep

I like Mahomes the best. There is risk to him because of his sloppy mechanics and unorthodox play, but he has such great intrinsic talent. However, I don't think we will take him at #2 and he will be gone by our next pick.

Thus I'm looking at......Jerrod Evans, Virginia Tech in maybe the 3rd or even 4th. I'm not really sure where he goes. I consider him a 2nd round talent, but I'd assume he goes later. But I like the physical tools and think he is just starting to tap into his potential. Very far from a finished player, you see some bonehead decisions from time to time. I think if he stayed a year people would be looking at him emerging as a 1st rounder, from an article I read though he left early because of all the hits he was taking in the VT offense.

This can be done.we could trade back not even 3 to 5 spots and still grab Foster or Solomon Thomas, pick up more picks and trade back into the first to get him. We did it last year for Garnett and we have more capital this year. KS is going to see what I am talking about and I am betting that that is why Lynch was so high on Kizer and Trubisky with more adjectives and just said Mahomes had special tape. Typical cards to chest statements. 9ers want to create a push for the other QBs early for other teams like the Jets, Bears and Bills.

Yep

I like the idea of trading back twice and landing Mahomes in the late teens early 20's.

How about a trade up
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:

How about a trade up

I think there's a decent chance he'll be out of reach in a trade up. I think WIN's idea about trading back a couple times for some extra 2s/3s and snagging him in the teens is probably the right way to go. How much would it suck if we traded back twice and someone jumped up a pick in front of us to snag him?
Share 49ersWebzone