Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 185 users in the forums

Wyatt Teller-OG-Virginia Tech

If you need a 2nd to 4th round guard who can pass block his ass off, this is your guy right here. Physically he's a monster, incredible strength, in fantastic shape for a guard, has played both offense and defense VT, playing defensive end as well as on the OL. He's a mauler in the run game who relishes contact and seems to really enjoy tossing defenders to the ground. . I'm actually pretty amazed by how far under the radar he is flying for such a quality of prospect.

Even from afar, his old coaches have noticed the transformation.

"You don't see offensive linemen with his athleticism and you don't see offensive linemen with his type of motor," Finnerty said. "He's an offensive lineman with a defensive personality."

http://www.thekeyplay.com/virginia-tech-football/2015/05/9283/wyatt-tellers-shoulders-broad-enough-handle-all-attention
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

0:30 love how he hustled down field.
1:01 You have to love seeing that.

He uses his hands well, moves well in space, and has that grit you want out of your lineman.

The more options the better
One of my early favorites. Brought him up in the OG forum but someone brought up his weight as if that will make or break him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
One of my early favorites. Brought him up in the OG forum but someone brought up his weight as if that will make or break him.

How much does he weigh? He appears to have an ideal zone body type.

I don't think Kyle had a OL over 310 lbs in Atlanta last year. In fact, I think Alex Mack was the heaviest OL, who, like Staley, is the type of athlete that transcends scheme.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 8, 2017 at 10:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
How much does he weigh? He appears to have an ideal zone body type.

I don't think Kyle had a OL over 310 lbs in Atlanta last year. In fact, I think Alex Mack was the heaviest OL, who, like Staley, is the type of athlete that transcends scheme.

Between 295 and 305 depending on who you believe. Virginia Tech has him listed at 305.
That's perfect.

I'm only a couple of minutes into his tape, and I'm already a fan. Any OL that finishes blocks makes me giddy.
So many good options in the draft (and FA for C) for interior OL.
Could he play center?

• HERN
  • Veteran
He's got some Richie Incognito in him.

I like it.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Watch out for Wyatt Teller from Virginia Tech. Has a real nasty streak in him. He takes advantage of pulling or getting to the second level and then just putting LBs and DBs on their asses.

Listed at 271 pounds. That's a TE, not an OL.

271 apparently
271 apparently

He's not 271. That may have been his weight a few years ago. Virginia Tech actually has him listed at 315. For around 6'5", he's easily at least 295 pounds.

Even back in 2014 when he was smaller, these were his lifting numbers according to the Va Tech winter max testing

PUSH JERK
OL Augie Conte - 380C David Wang - 370OL Wyatt Teller - 370

BACK SQUAT
OL Wyatt Teller - 600 OL Augie Conte - 585OL Brent Benedict - 585

POWER CLEAN
OL Wyatt Teller - 385 OL Augie Conte - 380*C David Wang - 360

BENCH PRESS
OL Augie Conte - 430 OL Andrew Williams - 425 OL Wyatt Teller - 420

So Teller is every bit as strong as he looks in game action.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
271 apparently

He's not 271. That may have been his weight a few years ago. Virginia Tech actually has him listed at 315. For around 6'5", he's easily at least 295 pounds.

I wouldn't care what his weight was he is just a football player. For a Shanahan scheme I would think lighter is better. Some good options to upgrade our O line in this draft. Of course I saw a mock draft where the niners took Orlando Brown at #2 and I just laughed.
I wouldn't care what his weight was he is just a football player. For a Shanahan scheme I would think lighter is better. Some good options to upgrade our O line in this draft. Of course I saw a mock draft where the niners took Orlando Brown at #2 and I just laughed.

Dude. Brown and Brown Wrecking Crew ftw! Two 6'8" monster tackles that are as wide as a Mack Truck. Could be fun.
Share 49ersWebzone