There are 214 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Bosa has a long list of injuries - I'm worried it's going to continue. I say pass and go for Farrell instead.

How long we talking? Knee in HS and this recent injury. What else has he had?

You can say it's just two injuries but the guy just turned 21 this week and already had 2 surgeries, that's brutal.

Can he end up having a long solid career without serious injuries. Of course, but odds aren't on his side at all.

Frank Gore...

The guy will be 100% healthy come offseason. To not draft him for prior injuries, injuries totally unrelated to each other and injuries which are not injuries attributed to "injury prone" variety, would be very dumb.

That's one example where we got lucky. Can't keep throwing out Gores name for the next 10 years every time we want to justify picking a player with an injury history. And it's not a good comparison. Gore had surgery for his ACL, Bosa had ACL surgery as well as the surgery he just had. Gore is super human and still doing his thing at 35, the f**kin guy might be a NFL rb at 36 next year (wtfff?) he just doesn't make sense. And lastly, We took Gore in the top of the third round which is a completely reasonable spot to take a player that might have injury concerns. It would've been insane to take foster at number 3, but end of the first was arguably a gamble worth taking.

For Nick Bosa we're talking about taking him at 1 or 2. If there were no other pass rushers then I'd be all over him, even with the injuries cuz I'm that desperate for one. But there's plenty of talent in this draft from what I've been hearing. Gonna start diving into watching their tape towards the end of the season and I'm sure we'll have some good convos on it.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Oct 28, 2018 at 6:30 PM ]
Bosa has a long list of injuries - I'm worried it's going to continue. I say pass and go for Farrell instead.

You can say it's just two injuries but the guy just turned 21 this week and already had 2 surgeries, that's brutal.

Can he end up having a long solid career without serious injuries. Of course, but odds aren't on his side at all.

Frank Gore...

The guy will be 100% healthy come offseason. To not draft him for prior injuries, injuries totally unrelated to each other and injuries which are not injuries attributed to "injury prone" variety, would be very dumb.

That's one example where we got lucky. Can't keep throwing out Gores name for the next 10 years every time we want to justify picking a player with an injury history. And it's not a good comparison. Gore had surgery for his ACL, Bosa had ACL surgery as well as the surgery he just had. Gore is super human and still doing his thing at 35, the f**kin guy might be a NFL rb at 36 next year (wtfff?) he just doesn't make sense. And lastly, We took Gore in the top of the third round which is a completely reasonable spot to take a player that might have injury concerns. It would've been insane to take foster at number 3, but end of the first was arguably a gamble worth taking.

For Nick Bosa we're talking about taking him at 1 or 2. If there were no other pass rushers then I'd be all over him, even with the injuries cuz I'm that desperate for one. But there's plenty of talent in this draft from what I've been hearing. Gonna start diving into watching their tape towards the end of the season and I'm sure we'll have some good convos on it.

The combine and individual workouts is going to be key for him. But these scout are raving about him if everything checks out then get him.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
To quote top gun. Target is a lock

What part is that from? Not saying you're wrong, but can't have you misquoting the Bible.

I should have said I got tone but it just didn't fit
Originally posted by strickac:
To quote top gun. Target is a lock

What part is that from? Not saying you're wrong, but can't have you misquoting the Bible.

I should have said I got tone but it just didn't fit

Should have gone with "Jesus this guy's good, I'm too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns"
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KamLeon:
What's the over/under on how many injuries he has during his rookie contract?

4. I'd still draft him.

Frank Gore...

It's a risk but at some point where do you draw the line?

We've seen guys with no injury history what so ever be constantly out of games due to nagging injuries and inability to stay healthy in the NFL and we have guys who had multiple injuries in college/HS that barely missed time in the NFL.

Do you really leave a guy on the board who fits your needs perfectly while also having the awesome talent to boot and because he had 2 injuries and his brother is hurt you pass on him? I'd hate for us to do that and then watch him tear it up for another team.

Frank Gore...

We've seen guys with no injury history what so ever be constantly out of games due to nagging injuries and inability to stay healthy in the NFL and we have guys who had multiple injuries in college/HS that barely missed time in the NFL.

Do you really leave a guy on the board who fits your needs perfectly while also having the awesome talent to boot and because he had 2 injuries and his brother is hurt you pass on him? I'd hate for us to do that and then watch him tear it up for another team.

That's why Lynch gets paid the big bucks, and the rest of us sit here in anonymity screaming "I TOLD YOU SO" after the pick goes wrong
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by All22:
Bosa is also a vocal Trump supporter. He's going to hate living and playing in Santa Clara.

As long as he balled out on the field, I don't think anyone would give a crap.

This x 1000000000.........

Frank Gore...

I think I draw the line at top 3 pick. Not taking any chances there.

Yea we've seen all that. But more often than not, players that get hurt in college carry that over to the nfl. Of course there are freak accidents that end up healing fine but it's not favorable odds.

Yea I already said I do leave him on the board if there are other options. If it was a s**tty draft for pass rushers then it'll be damn near impossible to pass up on him

Frank Gore...

I think I draw the line at top 3 pick. Not taking any chances there.

Yea we've seen all that. But more often than not, players that get hurt in college carry that over to the nfl. Of course there are freak accidents that end up healing fine but it's not favorable odds.

Yea I already said I do leave him on the board if there are other options. If it was a s**tty draft for pass rushers then it'll be damn near impossible to pass up on him

I gei it considering that's why I wanted Solomon Thomas. He was very safe as a prospect. Potential, no off the field or injury issues to speak of.

That hasn't worked out though. Do you take the lesser talent with less concerns that have nothing to do with his playing ability?
[ Edited by genus49 on Oct 29, 2018 at 11:12 AM ]

I gei it considering that's why I wanted Solomon Thomas. He was very safe as a prospect. Potential, no off the field or injury issues to speak of.

That hasn't worked out though. Do you take the lesser talent with less concerns that have nothing to do with his playing ability?

Is there nobody with comparable talent to him in this draft?

Ed Oliver is, but he's another interior guy, do you want 4 in a row?

Nick Bosa is an absolute slam dunk stud.

There is nobody comparable in this draft, not even Oliver.

On the edge? I don't think there's anyone in his league with the tape/technique/consistency and ability combination.
How big is the drop off for the next best ER after Bosa?

Where's maddogniner??
Share 49ersWebzone