There are 139 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Here we come Bosa!
  • HERN
  • Veteran
This thread proves that you can't make every fan happy.

Fan #1; Draft Bosa

Fan #2; Draft Bosa
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
As I recall, there were very few people here stumping for Thomas BEFORE the draft. Most of the arguments were regarding who to take instead of him. I remember Hooker, Lattimore, Mahomes, and Ridley (after a trade down) as prominent names in that discussion. The Thomas pick was eerily reminiscent of the Armstead pick: no one here wanted him, but the 49ers were locked into the pick days ahead of the draft.

Plenty of people wanted Thomas...some of us were just more vocal than others

However that year because Garrett was the clear #1 guy it was probably the most different preferences we've had in some time.

Between some guys being all in on one of the QB prospects
Between some guys being all in on one of the DB prospects
or between the RB crowd and the always popular "trade down at all costs" crew people were all over the place.

Curious how this year goes. I have to think if we actually wind up #1 or #2 overall(assuming #1 team is looking QB) most will be rooting for Bosa unless something drastically changes.

One thing is for sure though that if we win a few games and don't pick 1 or 2 this year should still have quality players who fit our needs well.
Originally posted by HERN:

Fan #1; Draft Bosa

Fan #2; Draft Bosa

and then if he gets hurt with us, then it's Lynch's fault.
Originally posted by genus49:
As I recall, there were very few people here stumping for Thomas BEFORE the draft. Most of the arguments were regarding who to take instead of him. I remember Hooker, Lattimore, Mahomes, and Ridley (after a trade down) as prominent names in that discussion. The Thomas pick was eerily reminiscent of the Armstead pick: no one here wanted him, but the 49ers were locked into the pick days ahead of the draft.

Plenty of people wanted Thomas...some of us were just more vocal than others

However that year because Garrett was the clear #1 guy it was probably the most different preferences we've had in some time.

Between some guys being all in on one of the QB prospects
Between some guys being all in on one of the DB prospects
or between the RB crowd and the always popular "trade down at all costs" crew people were all over the place.

Curious how this year goes. I have to think if we actually wind up #1 or #2 overall(assuming #1 team is looking QB) most will be rooting for Bosa unless something drastically changes.

One thing is for sure though that if we win a few games and don't pick 1 or 2 this year should still have quality players who fit our needs well.

Thomas was my #2 guy after Garrett, and it looks like I was wrong there. But Garrett was always #1 option. Bosa seems the same. Any other player at this point would be a disappointment.

To my recollection, Solly was only being sensationalized around here AFTER it was a foregone conclusion that he was the pick, which is a common psychological defense mechanism when you know were f**ked
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

To my recollection, Solly was only being sensationalized around here AFTER it was a foregone conclusion that he was the pick, which is a common psychological defense mechanism when you know were f**ked

I begged my TV not to say, "Solomon Thomas, defensive lineman, Stanford," just as loud as I begged it not to say, "Arik Armstead, defensive lineman, Oregon." After the draft, I tried to rationalize each pick to ease the frustration and impending doom. Always trust your pre-draft instincts, lol. They usually aren't as tainted by desperation/hope.
If someone grabs Bosa before us we can still get a good edge rusher. With his injury history we could end up with the better player long term but you still draft him if he is there.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
If someone grabs Bosa before us we can still get a good edge rusher. With his injury history we could end up with the better player long term but you still draft him if he is there.

There are several top 5 worthy pass rushers available this draft.

I'm not really concerned about winning another game or two.
Originally posted by okdkid:
There are several top 5 worthy pass rushers available this draft.

I'm not really concerned about winning another game or two.

I agree. There are enough that if the Niners end up with the first pick they might be able to swing a trade with the Raiders who have 3 firsts and 2 seconds. Swap for the Raider first and a second. Raiders make a big splash with Bosa to replace Mack and we still get the next best edge rusher plus a second. We need picks since we only have 5 total and only 4 in the first 4 rounds. Then we don't need to be concerned about his injury history.

damn, I remember feeling so confident the team was going to draft Jamal Adams.

Anyways, I don't know how anyone can watch Baby Bosa and not WANT!!
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 30, 2018 at 10:56 AM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
damn, I remember feeling so confident the team was going to draft Jamal Adams.

Anyways, I don't know how anyone can watch Baby Bosa and not WANT!!

Easy, all you have to do is overthink it. Viola.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by HERN:

Fan #1; Draft Bosa

Fan #2; Draft Bosa

and then if he gets hurt with us, then it's Lynch's fault.

Yup. Then the "I told you so-wers come out with the pitchforks.
DO NOT WANT

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 30, 2018 at 11:06 AM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
DO NOT WANT

Exactly

All I see here is a penalty for touching the QB.
Share 49ersWebzone