There are 78 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Originally posted by Heroism:
DO NOT WANT

Looks like he injured his foot on that play. No thanks.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I agree. There are enough that if the Niners end up with the first pick they might be able to swing a trade with the Raiders who have 3 firsts and 2 seconds. Swap for the Raider first and a second. Raiders make a big splash with Bosa to replace Mack and we still get the next best edge rusher plus a second. We need picks since we only have 5 total and only 4 in the first 4 rounds. Then we don't need to be concerned about his injury history.

Why would the Raiders do that when, like you said, there are plenty of edge rushers and they have plenty of needs.
Originally posted by Stanley:
Why would the Raiders do that when, like you said, there are plenty of edge rushers and they have plenty of needs.

Only to make the big splash with their fans and get the sexy name that most people know. Grudden caught a lot of heat for letting Mack go and he may feel he needs to grab Bosa instead of Ferrell or some else who the average fan may not know anything about. They still would have 3 first rounders and one high second.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Bosa probably should be the #1 prospect. But to act like he's on another planet compared to the guys that will go #2-5 is just your run of the mill draft hype. Got started early this year.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Bosa probably should be the #1 prospect. But to act like he's on another planet compared to the guys that will go #2-5 is just your run of the mill draft hype. Got started early this year.

I no longer believe the hype. Too many early picks end up average or worse and just as many late round picks and undrafted free agents become stars. You take your best shot and keep your fingers crossed. With 5 or 6 good edge rushers this year any one of them could end up being the best player. I'm sure there will be the usual combine beasts that jump up on peoples radar too.
This guy would be the saving grace to a huge let down of a season. He may not be the athletic freak that Garret is but I think he will be just as good in his own way.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I do think Burns and Sweat will make a run for a closer competition than some think (think Ferrel will get exposed for lack of athleticism and will end up ER4). They are both insanely productive this year and look like they will kill it at the the combine (which I don't think Bosa will). I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 ER in the top 10.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by KamLeon:
I was referring to his family history of injuries. Wasn't his Dad often injured and his uncle as well? I don't know his lineage in detail, but I've read (in this forum) that there's a lengthy family history of injuries and short lived football careers in his bloodline. He may very well be the highest rated PR in this draft, IMO after watching his tape and reading his past injuries don't believe he's a "can't miss" pick.
People just gushed over Soloman Thomas as a "sure thing" and people said he was a can't miss at #3, but that's been proven to be a major letdown.

I think there's more value in trading out of the spot and landing one of the other top three PR's and adding picks if that option becomes available.

We still have way too many needs to think that Bosa alone (assuming he stays healthy and adds immediate help) is enough to help out this current defense.

We need another (quality) ILB, S DB and 2 decent backups before this unit can be average, not to mention a competent DC.

I wouldn't doubt it, as this is the zone after all, but I dont recall anyone touting Solly as a cant miss prospect. I remember the threads were quite heated with people prioritizing a safety like Hooker over a DL with a top 3 pick. And this is in a class where Garret was the only consensus top player. I mocked Solly to the niners once, and that was with us moving down to 12.

Nick Bosa is on another level in terms of prospect, both in talent, and in media perception

As I recall, there were very few people here stumping for Thomas BEFORE the draft. Most of the arguments were regarding who to take instead of him. I remember Hooker, Lattimore, Mahomes, and Ridley (after a trade down) as prominent names in that discussion. The Thomas pick was eerily reminiscent of the Armstead pick: no one here wanted him, but the 49ers were locked into the pick days ahead of the draft.

Whoa whoa whoa, NY & Genus we're pounding the drum harder than Wu does for any Michigan player!

The original point in this mini thread is valid, in the top 5 do you want a safe pick or an amazing talent?

Can you imagine passing on Bosa, even though everyone thinks he's going to be a stud, and watch him dominate elsewhere?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Shanahan may start Nick Mullens this week. Thought that should be said in this thread. Lol.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Heroism:
DO NOT WANT

Exactly

All I see here is a penalty for touching the QB.

His arms are too short and his hands are too small.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Shanahan may start Nick Mullens this week. Thought that should be said in this thread. Lol.

YES HELL YEAH
Originally posted by LVJay:

YES HELL YEAH

Inb4 Mullens has a Jimmy G like impact on the team
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by LVJay:

YES HELL YEAH

Inb4 Mullens has a Jimmy G like impact on the team

I can't believe we're halfway through the season and in the lead to land him.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Whoa whoa whoa, NY & Genus we're pounding the drum harder than Wu does for any Michigan player!

The original point in this mini thread is valid, in the top 5 do you want a safe pick or an amazing talent?

Can you imagine passing on Bosa, even though everyone thinks he's going to be a stud, and watch him dominate elsewhere?

Depends on what they get instead and if they dominate.
Share 49ersWebzone