LISTEN: [FULL EPISODE] Impact Rookies & Brandon Aiyuk's Contract With Larry Krueger →

There are 85 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by mayo49:
And you guys are sure Bosa is worthy of the number one overall pick?

100%
25%

Does that mean you have 3 better prospects?

According to the scouts including Matt Miller its Bosa and a huge gap
It would be cool to have both Bosa bro's in CA. Hope we get him!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Not necessarily. Strength of schedule changes every week.

But its possible oakland and arizona would pick up one more win, in that case sos wouldnt matter

In that case, right.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
So if we lose out we own #1 pick ?

That is correct...Oakland has 2 top end teams in their division and Zona plays the same teams we do.

Yeah but we beat Oakland who beat Arizona who we lost to twice.

It's likely that if we lose out we get the #1 pick, but it's still no guarantee.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
So if we lose out we own #1 pick ?

That is correct...Oakland has 2 top end teams in their division and Zona plays the same teams we do.

Yeah but we beat Oakland who beat Arizona who we lost to twice.

It's likely that if we lose out we get the #1 pick, but it's still no guarantee.

If we lose out, as long as our SOS is lower than Oakland or Arizona, we should be fine. if we end up tied.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 19, 2018 at 7:58 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

100%
25%

He still has a lot to prove considering he's built a college career on one good College season of 8.5 sacks and a ton of hype.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

100%
25%

He still has a lot to prove considering he's built a college career on one good College season of 8.5 sacks and a ton of hype.

He was beasting out before he got injured. In 3 games he had 4 sacks, 1 FF and 1 TD.
He is fun to watch because almost every snap he's disrupting the play in some way and he chases well. I'm happy to get him with with the top pick as long as we don't beat the bucs
Assuming Bosa is #1 and we get the top pick, would you be willing to trade back no further than 5 or 6 and pick up another pick like a high second or a first the next year. Let's say Bosa gets 12-14 sacks his rookie year and the next 2 guys each get 8 or 9. I would give up those 3 or 4 sacks for another 2nd or first pick. Maybe we get a second and a sixth. We need a lot of players and that might enable us to get a quality edge, corner and receiver in the first 2 rounds. My point is 3 or 4 more sacks aren't as valuable as a quality player. Unless you think Bosa is going to get 15-20 sacks every year I don't see how he could be worth as much as Polite or one of the other edge guys and a top receiver or corner. Of coarse we would need to find a team willing to make the trade. Maybe Oakland since they have so many picks stockpiled. Gruden may want the big splashy name guy and since they are moving trading with the Niners wouldn't be looked at the same as it is now. I'm sure we have lot's of opinions on this.

The niners will have the #1 pick and predictably pass on him because Marsh just needs one more year to REALLY develop. Already have begun mental preparation for this scenario.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
I think I would still rather have Polite over this genetically predisposed injury waiting to happen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm worried about Bosa's medical history. I just hope he's not going to be hurt all the time.
Originally posted by boast:
I think I would still rather have Polite over this genetically predisposed injury waiting to happen.

I'm a little concerned over the injuries too but even if he is healthy I would make the trade. I doubt that he is better than his brother who is bigger and Joey had 10.5 and 12.5 sacks his first 2 seasons. You have to think or hope that Polite, Ferrell or Sweat could get at least 8 or you wouldn't draft them. I'll take that and the extra player any day. Yuo never know but any of those 3 could turn out to be better than Bosa.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Assuming Bosa is #1 and we get the top pick, would you be willing to trade back no further than 5 or 6 and pick up another pick like a high second or a first the next year. Let's say Bosa gets 12-14 sacks his rookie year and the next 2 guys each get 8 or 9. I would give up those 3 or 4 sacks for another 2nd or first pick. Maybe we get a second and a sixth. We need a lot of players and that might enable us to get a quality edge, corner and receiver in the first 2 rounds. My point is 3 or 4 more sacks aren't as valuable as a quality player. Unless you think Bosa is going to get 15-20 sacks every year I don't see how he could be worth as much as Polite or one of the other edge guys and a top receiver or corner. Of coarse we would need to find a team willing to make the trade. Maybe Oakland since they have so many picks stockpiled. Gruden may want the big splashy name guy and since they are moving trading with the Niners wouldn't be looked at the same as it is now. I'm sure we have lot's of opinions on this.

If we pick #1 we do what the Browns did with Garrett, you ignore the phone calls, ignore the outside noise, walk up and write the slam dunk name on the card.
Share 49ersWebzone