LISTEN: Week 2 49ers Training Camp News & Notes →

There are 155 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Originally posted by Heroism:
Watching Nick's Sophomore tape right now... This dude at 20 years old was already more advanced as a pass rusher than 99% of veterans in the NFL. This dude has been groomed his entire life for this. It jumps out on tape.

Meh he only has 17.5 sacks in college though. 3/10 would draft in the 4th if he's still available.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
You could make the case that the receivers were so wide open that they couldn't get to the QB. This is the old chicken and egg. You need DB's to cover and ends to rush in order to get sacks or pressures. They are both important and you can't deny we need upgrades at both positions. We don't know for sure that Bosa will put more pressure on than one of the other top edge rushers. When you go to Ohio State you always get more publicity. He may be the best but is he so much better that he's worth not getting that extra pick. I don't care what Kiper or any other draft guru says. They are wrong as much as they are right. If they can't make a trade then they probably will take Bosa but I am still not convinced that he will be that much better than Polite or Ferrell or even Sweat. We may learn more at the combine.

Dude you can just watch film...doesn't matter where you go if you can play you can play. Bosa has a great get-off and can rush from the outside or counter inside. He's solid vs the run and his hand technique is like his brothers. He's got a motor and great balance. Literally the only issue with him is health (like his brother and Myles).

He's without question the best pass rusher in this class and would have been picked ahead of Chubb last yr as well. If he's there when we pick you run and hand the card in simple as that.

He will demand double-teams and with him Buck/Thomas/AA good luck. He would improve the secondary (which needs upgrades as well).

It would be the easiest draft pick for SF in yrs.

Is he considered a better prospect than any of Garrett, Miller or Mack (at least when they declared for the draft)? The fact that he's considered better than Chubb is very promising.
Watching Nick's Sophomore tape right now... This dude at 20 years old was already more advanced as a pass rusher than 99% of veterans in the NFL. This is a kid who has been groomed his entire life for this. It jumps out on tape.

Dude for real...people it's not rocket science
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Is he considered a better prospect than any of Garrett, Miller or Mack (at least when they declared for the draft)? The fact that he's considered better than Chubb is very promising.

Myles Garrett is a freak alien athlete. I know the word "generational" gets carelessly thrown around on here, but he is, in fact, a generational athlete.

But from the perspective of mastering the art and science of rushing the QB, Nick Bosa takes a fat s**t on all three of those guys.

Myles Garrett is a freak alien athlete. I know the word "generational" gets carelessly thrown around on here, but he is, in fact, a generational athlete.

But from the perspective of mastering the art and science of rushing the QB, Nick Bosa takes a fat s**t on all three of those guys.

Hahahaha this. Myles shouldn't be able to move and bend at his size. He was a 5 star and one of if not the top recruit coming into college. Mack and miller were not (which doesn't mean much end of the day) Bosa like his brother was a top recruit and was bred and groomed to be a pass rusher.

Agreed. I think if I was ranking them with everything taken into consideration between technique, talent, athletic ability, size, speed, etc...

1. Myles Garrett - as you said the rare athletic ability with the size and decent technique as well
2. Nick Bosa - size, athletic ability not on the level of Garrett but impressive for his size and the elite level technique
3. Von Miller - production and that crazy speed/bend off the edge
4. Khalil Mack - this guy definitely stepped up his game once getting into the NFL but IMO wasn't up to the same level as these other prospects.
5. Chubb

The thing I want to see is how Nick grades out as an athlete. I think thats the only problem with Joey is high level tackles who also have great technique can neutralize him.
Yes it's a highlight clip but how anyone can say they'd rather trade down then draft this guy at our biggest position of need is beyond me

Dude, if this doesn't get the blood flowing straight to your football mushroom tip, please see yourself out of the forum. The combination of balance, footwork, and bend to shrink his surface area around the arc is bananas. Tackle basically had nothing to strike. Bro, look at those feet. The inside toe taking him to the QB and outside foot gaining depth. And oh yea, Nick isn't some 245 lbs speed rusher; he's 270 lbs. Holy s**t, Nick Bosa.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 19, 2018 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
The thing I want to see is how Nick grades out as an athlete. I think thats the only problem with Joey is high level tackles who also have great technique can neutralize him.

Joey Bosa wasn't a horrible athlete I remember him having like a 6.89 3-cone which is lights out for 270. His short era quickness and explosive tests were pretty damn good

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yes it's a highlight clip but how anyone can say they'd rather trade down then draft this guy at our biggest position of need is beyond me

OMG, I've had a change of heart - guy is a monster. Perfect LEO for us.
Dude, if this doesn't get the blood flowing straight to your football mushroom tip, please see yourself out of the forum. The combination of balance, footwork, and bend to shrink his surface area around the arc is bananas. Tackle basically had nothing to strike. Bro, look at those feet. The inside toe taking him to the QB and outside foot gaining depth. And oh yea, Nick isn't some 245 lbs speed rusher; he's 270 lbs. Holy s**t, Nick Bosa.

Insane balance for a guy that size
Assuming Bosa is #1 and we get the top pick, would you be willing to trade back no further than 5 or 6 and pick up another pick like a high second or a first the next year. Let's say Bosa gets 12-14 sacks his rookie year and the next 2 guys each get 8 or 9. I would give up those 3 or 4 sacks for another 2nd or first pick. Maybe we get a second and a sixth. We need a lot of players and that might enable us to get a quality edge, corner and receiver in the first 2 rounds. My point is 3 or 4 more sacks aren't as valuable as a quality player. Unless you think Bosa is going to get 15-20 sacks every year I don't see how he could be worth as much as Polite or one of the other edge guys and a top receiver or corner. Of coarse we would need to find a team willing to make the trade. Maybe Oakland since they have so many picks stockpiled. Gruden may want the big splashy name guy and since they are moving trading with the Niners wouldn't be looked at the same as it is now. I'm sure we have lot's of opinions on this.

Nope, draft the stud and stop messing around.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:
Assuming Bosa is #1 and we get the top pick, would you be willing to trade back no further than 5 or 6 and pick up another pick like a high second or a first the next year. Let's say Bosa gets 12-14 sacks his rookie year and the next 2 guys each get 8 or 9. I would give up those 3 or 4 sacks for another 2nd or first pick. Maybe we get a second and a sixth. We need a lot of players and that might enable us to get a quality edge, corner and receiver in the first 2 rounds. My point is 3 or 4 more sacks aren't as valuable as a quality player. Unless you think Bosa is going to get 15-20 sacks every year I don't see how he could be worth as much as Polite or one of the other edge guys and a top receiver or corner. Of coarse we would need to find a team willing to make the trade. Maybe Oakland since they have so many picks stockpiled. Gruden may want the big splashy name guy and since they are moving trading with the Niners wouldn't be looked at the same as it is now. I'm sure we have lot's of opinions on this.

Nope, draft the stud and stop messing around.

f**k trading down - draft that monster.

Lmao...that's gold Jerry.
Share 49ersWebzone