Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 151 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

I'm ready to draft him right now
Unless Bosa is 100% Oakland bound and they are completely against trading the pick, I think he's going to be a Niner come draft day. Why? Because Lynch almost gave up our 1st and more for Mack and he would've still had to make him the highest paid defender in football, so I see no way he doesn't trade up to #1 if we happen to fall out of the top spot before the season ends. Oakland would have to pull a Cleveland Browns on us and tell us their not moving off that top pick if Lynch wanted to move up and I just can't see them being that stubborn considering the shape of their roster right now. Gruden might already want Jonah Williams since he's an offensive mind, so I can easily see the two teams ready to make a deal on draft night.

Bosa is ours once we don't fall out of the top 3 or our front office doesn't try and be cute with an unnecessary trade down.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yes it's a highlight clip but how anyone can say they'd rather trade down then draft this guy at our biggest position of need is beyond me

0:47 bruh. Lol his first sack he literally shoved a 300 pound linemen back like 2 yards.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
The thing I want to see is how Nick grades out as an athlete. I think thats the only problem with Joey is high level tackles who also have great technique can neutralize him.

Joey Bosa wasn't a horrible athlete I remember him having like a 6.89 3-cone which is lights out for 270. His short era quickness and explosive tests were pretty damn good

Never said he is a horrible athlete. I believe he was a 60-70% sparq which is above average but not great. I only wonder if Nick is a better athlete or worse than his brother.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm ready to draft him right now

I want me some Bosa.
If we only needed one player taking Bosa would be a no brainer but we need more. Any trade would have to be a good one that allowed us to get a top 5 pick plus at least a high #2. If we had a good set of DB's I wouldn't consider it and I don't know if there are any DB's that are really considered play stoppers. Our DB's as a group are not good and corner is really an issue given Spoons regression and Sherman's age. If a trade was made then we are gambling that the guy we want is still there when we get to the second round. I would consider it but not sure I would make a trade. As I said, after the combine some of these guys are going to slide and some will rise. That happens every year. Some guys on this forum have said Bosa is a prima dona but I can't say that about him. The fact that he is taking the rest of the year to work out and rehab is becoming a thing now in college so I won't hold that against him. If he ends up a Niner I'll keep my fingers crossed that he stays healthy and hope he lives up to his accolades.
This guy + 2 FA ERs should really help transform the pass rush
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Jadeveon Clowney please
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Is he considered a better prospect than any of Garrett, Miller or Mack (at least when they declared for the draft)? The fact that he's considered better than Chubb is very promising.

Myles Garrett is a freak alien athlete. I know the word "generational" gets carelessly thrown around on here, but he is, in fact, a generational athlete.

But from the perspective of mastering the art and science of rushing the QB, Nick Bosa takes a fat s**t on all three of those guys.

Love it, I was going to phrase it "more advanced as a Red shirt Sophomore than most are coming into the league" but much prefer your version!
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Unless Bosa is 100% Oakland bound and they are completely against trading the pick, I think he's going to be a Niner come draft day. Why? Because Lynch almost gave up our 1st and more for Mack and he would've still had to make him the highest paid defender in football, so I see no way he doesn't trade up to #1 if we happen to fall out of the top spot before the season ends. Oakland would have to pull a Cleveland Browns on us and tell us their not moving off that top pick if Lynch wanted to move up and I just can't see them being that stubborn considering the shape of their roster right now. Gruden might already want Jonah Williams since he's an offensive mind, so I can easily see the two teams ready to make a deal on draft night.

Bosa is ours once we don't fall out of the top 3 or our front office doesn't try and be cute with an unnecessary trade down.

If we're in position to draft him we do it...simple as that. Perfect fit, perfect talent. The injury concerns are concerns but that's a perfect way to talk yourself out of drafting a stud. Anyone can get hurt.

Only way he's not our pick is if some team completely blows us away with a trade offer. I'm talking 3 first round picks+

If we don't get Bosa it's not the end of the world because there is legit edge rush talent in this class but they're not on his level. We missed out on Myles Garrett winning a game which meant nothing...i pray we don't make that mistake again but I think that's exactly what happens :(

Sucky thing is I think we end up picking 4/5 range and end up not only missing out on Bosa but missing the opportunity to trade with a team looking to take QB at #2 overall and unless Allen or Polite make their stock climb like crazy with offseason workouts(Allen can easily do that with a strong senior bowl) BPA where we're picking won't be an edge rusher.

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Jadeveon Clowney please

I'd stay away from Clowney. Would cost too much and guy has trouble staying healthy. That's not the guys you like to dish out huge bucks for and make no mistake he will draw a huge contract if he hits the open market.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
If we happen to be picking at 1, I too would love for us to trade down. I know he will be a potential great player. But like some of you guys have stated, history of injuries scares me too. I like Josh Allen or Polite on a trade down and another starter from that trade down compensation.

Lol! I love Bosa! He's exactly what we need in this defense! Like I said my only concern is injuries. Listening to offers for a massive haul on a deep ER crop obviously has to be considered. Let's talk at the end of the season if we secure the number 1
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Nov 19, 2018 at 2:48 PM ]
I'm enjoying this discussion because this guy is this years draft crush. We have at least one every year and sometimes they are everything you expect and sometimes they are just okay. Some are even a bust (usually for physical or off field stuff). Then you get guys like Aldon Smith. I remember everyone saying "Aldon who". All he did was get 12, 19.5 and 8.5 sacks his first 3 years. Better than all of the recent draft crushes. Then he was done. Lost in a bottle and off field problems and never to be a force again. Roger Craig, Brent Jones and Charles Haley were all guys none of us had ever heard of. Meanwhile how many Heisman winners and early round picks fizzled. Just shows how little we all really know about these guys.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 19, 2018 at 1:16 PM ]
We must pull a "carradine" to get this guy.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
We must pull a "carradine" to get this guy.

ha
Share 49ersWebzone