Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 144 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yes it's a highlight clip but how anyone can say they'd rather trade down then draft this guy at our biggest position of need is beyond me

If someone wants a QB at #1 and we'd still be able to get him then I could see a trade down. Otherwise, I agree.
This may be controversial:

Swap firsts with the raiders (currently the 4th pick), pick up their 15th pick as well. They can have bosa and our 3rd rounder. We have too many needs...
[ Edited by badguy_1 on Nov 19, 2018 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by badguy_1:

Swap firsts with the raiders (currently the 4th pick), pick up their 15th pick as well. They can have bosa and our 3rd rounder. We have too many needs...

Why would we give them a 3rd?
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Pretty lopsided in the value calculator if we don't do that.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Pretty lopsided in the value calculator if we don't do that.

Gotta pay to play to come to #1 overall. The only way I'm down with it is trading to #2 with the Giants so they can draft Herbert.
[ Edited by illinois9er on Nov 19, 2018 at 2:56 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Raiders!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm ready to draft him right now

I want me some Bosa.

Seriously

The quickest way to ensure that you continue having too many needs is to draft quantity over quality. If you have a shot at a true blue chip talent, you take it
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

The quickest way to ensure that you continue having too many needs is to draft quantity over quality. If you have a shot at a true blue chip talent, you take it

Yeah just like when we knew we had Solomon (sarcasm)

But agree - take a sure fire high impact player like Bosa

But how big are his injury concerns?? Reading a lot of noise about injury/Bosa in webzine
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

But how big are his injury concerns?? Reading a lot of noise about injury/Bosa in webzine

Question is,,,are we so sure he is THE guy??? That injury is a bit concerning for me IMHO.

If the Niners end up with the #1 pick, the smart move for Lynch is to trade down & get more high picks. Right now, he only has 5 total. He could easily end up with at least 8. I actually like Ferrell better...think he's not only a fine pass rusher but also very tough against the run.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
We must pull a "carradine" to get this guy.

Bet that the Raiders won't win another game all year and we win one or two. They have the best tiebreaker as well if I'm not mistaken
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If the Niners end up with the #1 pick, the smart move for Lynch is to trade down & get more high picks. Right now, he only has 5 total. He could easily end up with at least 8. I actually like Ferrell better...think he's not only a fine pass rusher but also very tough against the run.

Uhhhh no. The smart move would be to take the best player available at our biggest need. That's a dream scenario you don't pass up.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

If the Niners have the top pick and a shot at Bosa, I would listen to offers but it would have to be overwhelming to make a move. Usually, the only teams willing to make those type of deals are ones looking for a franchise QB. However, I don't see that happening with the Raiders, Giants or Jags because there isn't a franchise QB out there to be had at #1. Bosa's injuries aren't a concern because he is taking time off now to save himself for the draft. He's the pick if things don't change markedly between now and the draft.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Uhhhh no. The smart move would be to take the best player available at our biggest need. That's a dream scenario you don't pass up.

It boggles my mind how so m any people are trying to be cute and trade down. NO - This team needs a stud impact player. If Bosa is there, you take him. All these fantasy footall managers need to step back into reality.
Share 49ersWebzone