LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 149 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by badguy_1:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Why would we give them a 3rd?

Pretty lopsided in the value calculator if we don't do that.

Gotta pay to play to come to #1 overall. The only way I'm down with it is trading to #2 with the Giants so they can draft Herbert.

Ditto
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
This may be controversial:

Swap firsts with the raiders (currently the 4th pick), pick up their 15th pick as well. They can have bosa and our 3rd rounder. We have too many needs...

The quickest way to ensure that you continue having too many needs is to draft quantity over quality. If you have a shot at a true blue chip talent, you take it

Yeah just like when we knew we had Solomon (sarcasm)

But agree - take a sure fire high impact player like Bosa

But how big are his injury concerns?? Reading a lot of noise about injury/Bosa in webzine

it give me second thoughts also.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If the Niners end up with the #1 pick, the smart move for Lynch is to trade down & get more high picks. Right now, he only has 5 total. He could easily end up with at least 8. I actually like Ferrell better...think he's not only a fine pass rusher but also very tough against the run.
I'm inclined to agree w/you.

"IF" we could pick up some additional picks like a 3rd and a 4th - I'd go fo4r it.
Pretty simple for me. If a team wants to offer a Hershel Walker trade then we take it. Otherwise, run to the podium and select Bosa. He would be the missing link to our defense and make the entire DL better as well as the backfield. Cant win if you cant rush the passer so its a complete no brainer
In the end, if we end up w/Bosa -
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Lol! I love Bosa! He's exactly what we need in this defense! Like I said my only concern is injuries. Listening to offers for a massive haul on a deep ER crop obviously has to be considered. Let's talk at the end of the season if we secure the number 1

Sounds fair I'll be shocked if we end up with the top pick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
In the end, if we end up w/Bosa -

Yeah, I'd definitely cream my pants if we drafted Bosa.
If the Niners end up with the #1 pick, the smart move for Lynch is to trade down & get more high picks. Right now, he only has 5 total. He could easily end up with at least 8. I actually like Ferrell better...think he's not only a fine pass rusher but also very tough against the run.

you get the blue chip talent.

We will see who declares but I've read articles from draft nerds saying the overall talent in this draft class is poo.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Lol! I love Bosa! He's exactly what we need in this defense! Like I said my only concern is injuries. Listening to offers for a massive haul on a deep ER crop obviously has to be considered. Let's talk at the end of the season if we secure the number 1

Sounds fair I'll be shocked if we end up with the top pick

Agreed, but if we do end up picking first it's exactly what Illinois said- unless we know it's to the giants one pick down so they can take a Qb ....

Just run the card up for Bosa. Lol
This may be controversial:

Swap firsts with the raiders (currently the 4th pick), pick up their 15th pick as well. They can have bosa and our 3rd rounder. We have too many needs...

Only they might not even have 15 players with a 1st rd grade in this draft....overall from what I've seen (read) this isn't a great draft.

Take the stud and be happy you did. Only way I'm trading down is if Bosa isn't available

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm inclined to agree w/you.

"IF" we could pick up some additional picks like a 3rd and a 4th - I'd go fo4r it.

We'd better be getting a whole lot more than a 3rd or 4th if we're moving out of 1 and have the chance to get Bosa. Who cares if we get a mid rd pick and a lesser pass rusher in Ferrell. That would be horrible imo
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Uhhhh no. The smart move would be to take the best player available at our biggest need. That's a dream scenario you don't pass up.

It boggles my mind how so m any people are trying to be cute and trade down. NO - This team needs a stud impact player. If Bosa is there, you take him. All these fantasy footall managers need to step back into reality.

Either greed or fear based on injury concerns. Both of these are emotionally based and have no grounding in reality. There are other guys I'd be fine with having provided we get a kings ransom in value. This is all based on us having the number 1 pick.
How many teams will be picking high that desperately need a quarterback?

Giants? Bucs? Broncos? Jaguars? Those are the only four I can think of off hand but how many will try to just go after a veteran that might get cut. As far as free agents go, Bridgewater is really the only one who is seems to haunt any starting potential upside.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm enjoying this discussion because this guy is this years draft crush. We have at least one every year and sometimes they are everything you expect and sometimes they are just okay. Some are even a bust (usually for physical or off field stuff). Then you get guys like Aldon Smith. I remember everyone saying "Aldon who". All he did was get 12, 19.5 and 8.5 sacks his first 3 years. Better than all of the recent draft crushes. Then he was done. Lost in a bottle and off field problems and never to be a force again. Roger Craig, Brent Jones and Charles Haley were all guys none of us had ever heard of. Meanwhile how many Heisman winners and early round picks fizzled. Just shows how little we all really know about these guys.

The Aldon who crowd were people who didn't know any prospect not mocked to them by ESPN.

No excuse not knowing top prospects. Aldon was a legit prospect.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This f'n thread
Share 49ersWebzone