49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 139 users in the forums

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Latest Picks at Quarter Mark of NFL Season

2. San Francisco 49ers

The Pick: Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
The top prospect on my big board, Nick Bosa is a special edge-rusher. He is sidelined right now with an abdominal injury that required surgery but will be re-evaluated in November and could get back onto the field for the end of the Buckeyes' season. As long as he's healthy for the NFL Scouting Combine, Bosa is a lock to be a top-three pick.
The 49ers were dealt an unlucky hand this season in losing quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to an ACL injury. That could open the door to a top-five pick and a chance to get an elite pass-rusher to round out a defense that hasn't looked great all season long.
A front featuring Bosa, DeForest Buckner and linebackers Reuben Foster and Fred Warner looks pretty terrifying for opposing offenses to deal with.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2798505-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-picks-at-quarter-mark-of-nfl-season#slide2

Don't play with my emotions like this, Mr. jreff22.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
2. San Francisco 49ers

The Pick: Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
The top prospect on my big board, Nick Bosa is a special edge-rusher. He is sidelined right now with an abdominal injury that required surgery but will be re-evaluated in November and could get back onto the field for the end of the Buckeyes' season. As long as he's healthy for the NFL Scouting Combine, Bosa is a lock to be a top-three pick.
The 49ers were dealt an unlucky hand this season in losing quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to an ACL injury. That could open the door to a top-five pick and a chance to get an elite pass-rusher to round out a defense that hasn't looked great all season long.
A front featuring Bosa, DeForest Buckner and linebackers Reuben Foster and Fred Warner looks pretty terrifying for opposing offenses to deal with.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2798505-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-picks-at-quarter-mark-of-nfl-season#slide2

Until they find out Saleh's coaching them.

//ZING!
Would be the only bright spot to a chit season.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Don't play with my emotions like this, Mr. jreff22.

Ditto

BUT

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/10/3/17925394/2019-nfl-draft-edge-rushers-prospects-sleepers-49ers

Thoughts on the others?
  • All22
  • Veteran
Staley is gonna retire and we'll pick another tackle. Sorry guys but I have seen the future. Mahomes is also going to the superbowl.
[ Edited by All22 on Oct 3, 2018 at 12:14 PM ]
They forget the part where a we have the #2 pick going into the last week of the regular season when we play the Rams who will sitting their starters, we win and drop 4 spots on the draft.
[ Edited by five1oh on Oct 3, 2018 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by five1oh:
They forget the part where a we have the #2 pick going into the last week of the regular season when we play the Rams who will sitting their starters, we win and drop 4 spots on the draft.

Odds are unless the injuries keep piling up we'll be picking close to where we did last year. Thankfully this year there are other options outside of Bosa. Getting him would be amazing but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Should I assume that the Cards to take Oliver III??
Originally posted by 9moon:

Or Jonah Williams OT Alabama. They have Golden and C. Jones on the edge so Bosa isn't a need for the Tards.

And then in the second grab Burns. Then guard or cornerback in the 3rd
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd cream my pants if we got Bosa.
I wouldn't be mad
We will be picking 4-6 range imo. So no bosa unless we trade up which we won't. Front office doesn't have the balls and we don't want to have the draft capital according to them I believe

Just have to get a free agent edge like graham and the second best edge in the draft
Originally posted by 9moon:

Cardinals don't need an edge rusher. They badly need help at WR, LB, safety and OL.
Share 49ersWebzone