LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 227 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Is there any chance this dude is there at least near our 2nd round pick for a trade up?

IMO not a chance after the combine....that is as long as he passes teams physicals
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Is there any chance this dude is there at least near our 2nd round pick for a trade up?

IMO not a chance after the combine....that is as long as he passes teams physicals

Yeah he is going to torch the combine. How fast you think he runs? Sub 4.4?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Had no clue former Ole Miss LT Terence Metcalf was his father. Damn I'm old.

Yes. He will be a top 5 WR in the NFL for many years imo. Actually think I'm going to rank him over Josh Allen and Polite in my rankings.
This might sound crazy, I don't care, he moves and runs exactly like John Taylor.

OMFG! That long powerful legs, and short waist, giving him some wiggle. That's JT.

What round is he projected to go? Where ever it is, he might not last. Neck injury is worrisome.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Yes. He will be a top 5 WR in the NFL for many years imo. Actually think I'm going to rank him over Josh Allen and Polite in my rankings.
Yes sir. I'm waiting for his combine as well, but he's in my dark horse column already. I don't want to say we'd draft him at 2 yet, but if he runs 4.4 or faster he's going top ten. Plus there's so little offense at the top of the draft his value will just get magnified that much more.

Once we see what this team does in FA I'll be more bold with my opinions lol

How's his temperament? Anyone know?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Yes sir. I'm waiting for his combine as well, but he's in my dark horse column already. I don't want to say we'd draft him at 2 yet, but if he runs 4.4 or faster he's going top ten. Plus there's so little offense at the top of the draft his value will just get magnified that much more.

Kid is all football. His stock will rise after the combine no doubt. I'd love to have him in SF but there's just too many good defensive prospects in the top 10.

There's some quality WRs to be had later...it's a sneaky good WR class.

Kid is all football. His stock will rise after the combine no doubt. I'd love to have him in SF but there's just too many good defensive prospects in the top 10.

There's some quality WRs to be had later...it's a sneaky good WR class.

I've heard. If we did trade down at all imo he should be the guy. I think he's going to be really good. Imo he's the #1 we're missing.
You guys just wait. This will be one of the most--if not the most--popular thread after the combine. The big-body WR horde will unleash its wrath upon us. Tables will be pounded for "Metcalf at 2." Helll, I'm surprised NC hasn't moved in yet.

Brace yourselves.
I've heard. If we did trade down at all imo he should be the guy. I think he's going to be really good. Imo he's the #1 we're missing.

Nah it's gonna be Edge and I'm a big DK fan

Originally posted by Heroism:
You guys just wait. This will be one of the most--if not the most--popular thread after the combine. The big-body WR horde will unleash its wrath upon us. Tables will be pounded for "Metcalf at 2." Helll, I'm surprised NC hasn't moved in yet.

Brace yourselves.

Without question the DK and Gary threads are gonna be 🔥 after the combine.
I won't cry over a trade down and DK.

Brace yourselves.

Josh Allen too.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
So what was Fred Dean's role?

Um, he didn't play for the Niners in '81 or for quite some time then.

Afce doesn't take into account the great backfield, nor the changing nature of the game. We can pick up receivers, tight ends, whatever, later. A genuine franchise-class edge is rare and hard to come by. Bosa will transform our D.

To me, an edge is more of a final piece type of piece to the puzzle because you can stick any great talented player in there to cause havoc from day 1. It is more difficult to do that with other positions as they require more learning the system and technique and letting the game slow down. Pass rusher, forget about it, tell the dude to go balls out and get the QB. That can be placed last.

Thing is, if we draft a pass rusher early and it doesn't work out, we just lost a year to build the other positions that require more time.
[ Edited by Joecool on Feb 8, 2019 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Brace yourselves.

Josh Allen too.

So you saying you will love Allen?
Share 49ersWebzone