LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 206 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Meh, I've seen plenty of guys who look like Tarzan and look like Jane go into the NFL
I'd rather see Lynch go get WR Tyrell Williams from the Chargers...he's that big WR who's got 4.43 speed. Having a big body WR is important...it'll get the ball spread around more, taking some pressure off the other WR's and Kittle. TW's also a real RZ threat. Drafting WR's works sometimes, but usually they take time to develop. I guess it depends on if they want to inject a still young veteran or a rookie in the lineup. I'd take the young vet.
Did nfl drug test him yet? Lol
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd rather see Lynch go get WR Tyrell Williams from the Chargers...he's that big WR who's got 4.43 speed. Having a big body WR is important...it'll get the ball spread around more, taking some pressure off the other WR's and Kittle. TW's also a real RZ threat. Drafting WR's works sometimes, but usually they take time to develop. I guess it depends on if they want to inject a still young veteran or a rookie in the lineup. I'd take the young vet.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

There isn't a WR currently set to be a FA worth going for. Williams will be overpaid and there's about 5-10 WRs in this draft that would be very good upgrades. You could very well say that a lot of FA WRs bust at their next stop because they are so dependent on QB and scheme.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 12, 2019 at 5:37 AM ]

Lol pretty much

Because teams like to draft potential. Draft a big body, fast then have to teach how to be a WR. and no im not saying this about DK just saying in general.

If you draft an athlete based off physical attributes instead of the attributes that they'll need to be successful like release, route running etc it will take more time.

Give me a guy who can sell an in cut then releases out and vice-versa than a guy who is just a big body.

Again, not saying this particularly regards to DK or TW. Just wanted to address the bolded in general.
We'll see how he tests but that body doesn't look like a receivers. He really does look like Boston.
That bulk for a WR is crazy. You look at his tape and those arms blew the f up. I'll be very curious to see how he does in the combine drills.

Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Is there any chance this dude is there at least near our 2nd round pick for a trade up?

I was hoping, but if his medicals check out it's looking like he goes top 1/2 of round 1.
Originally posted by genus49:
That bulk for a WR is crazy. You look at his tape and those arms blew the f up. I'll be very curious to see how he does in the combine drills.

Looks like he figured out where Ray Lewis stashed the rest of his deer antler velvet extract.

Metcalf in 2 years.

Tbh, that could be a pump, plus natural gains from rehabbing really hard(he's still what? 21? 21 year old elite athletes can put on weight my dude), plus a really favorable angle on the picture.
I think its a favorable angle for sure. But goddamn
Share 49ersWebzone