LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 182 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Tbh, that could be a pump, plus natural gains from rehabbing really hard(he's still what? 21? 21 year old elite athletes can put on weight my dude), plus a really favorable angle on the picture.

Not like the 40+ crowd though.

Maybe he can be our new leo
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Maybe he can be our new leo

Too big. No one over 275, please.
Tbh, that could be a pump, plus natural gains from rehabbing really hard(he's still what? 21? 21 year old elite athletes can put on weight my dude), plus a really favorable angle on the picture.

Even at 21, with elite genetics that is still pretty ridiculous for a six month period of time from where we saw him pre-injury.

What I'd be worried about most with that sudden of a gain in mass is injury risk. You can pack on quite a lot of muscle in a short time with the right training and "supplements" but your connective tissue won't develop anywhere near as quickly as your muscles do.

Guys like Boston and Landry were injury prone, largely I think because they stacked more mass on to their frames than their bodies were capable of supporting.

Looking at extended versions of that photo, Metcalf absolutely dwarfs AJ Brown who is already pretty bulked up by typical WR standards.

Nagy is right in that while fans will be impressed by his overall size, NFL teams will be concerned by how well he will function in all aspects of playing WR and whether or not the added bulk will represent future injury risk. There is a diminishing point of returns where excess bulk just for its sake hinders, rather than helps you.

Even at 21, with elite genetics that is still pretty ridiculous for a six month period of time from where we saw him pre-injury.

What I'd be worried about most with that sudden of a gain in mass is injury risk. You can pack on quite a lot of muscle in a short time with the right training and "supplements" but your connective tissue won't develop anywhere near as quickly as your muscles do.

Guys like Boston and Landry were injury prone, largely I think because they stacked more mass on to their frames than their bodies were capable of supporting.

Looking at extended versions of that photo, Metcalf absolutely dwarfs AJ Brown who is already pretty bulked up by typical WR standards.

Nagy is right in that while fans will be impressed by his overall size, NFL teams will be concerned by how well he will function in all aspects of playing WR and whether or not the added bulk will represent future injury risk. There is a diminishing point of returns where excess bulk just for its sake hinders, rather than helps you.

injury in general is a concern with metcalf. Also I agree he needs to be able to hold the weight either way. I want to see how he tests in the change of direction drills especially. I think he is going to run an awesome forty either way. But again no need to get to concerned about a picture. My point more so is Pictures arent always the best way to make a value judgement on a players size. I.e/: that picture where tony romo looked severely overweight a few years ago.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Not like the 40+ crowd though.

The combine is in two weeks, and DK Metcalf looks like he's a legit 240 lbs right now lol.
Originally posted by Heroism:
The combine is in two weeks, and DK Metcalf looks like he's a legit 240 lbs right now lol.

At least. Wonder how good his bend off the edge is?

At least. Wonder how good his bend off the edge is?

Watch him run a 4.41
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Watch him run a 4.41

I'm expecting it.

He's going to own that bench press station.
He's a big guy no doubt but he's not as big as that pic. He's out angling everyone . Any time you see a guy on the end of a pic like that . They're stretched out a little. Just look at his Instagram.
The end is near

The end is near

So is this Julio Jones 2.0 then?

Btw Im not a wide receiver guy so Im asking an honest question.
[ Edited by Bitplayer on Feb 17, 2019 at 5:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone