LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 216 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

• FL9er
  • Veteran
John Lynch did say adding more WRs is a "top" priority this offseason.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Very good. And supposedly he's a level headed kid. Dad was in the nfl etc. a team player, not a diva. Will be an interesting clmbbne for him.

Just realized that is uncle is Eric Metcalf, one of my favorite non 49ers players ever. I used to kill it with him back in the early Madden days.

Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Im really starting to like the idea of this guy becoming a 49er.

I'm not sure how he would. He is probably going in the first round. If he runs a 4.4 he's a lock.

I could see it happening in a trade down scenario.
Hes a 1st round talent. Unless we trade up from the 2nd, I don't see him becoming a Niner
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Feb 20, 2019 at 9:22 AM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I would have no problem taking him 2nd. Probably the closest thing to a sure thing with Bosa. Could be the next TO and you shouldn't pass on those types of players.
Originally posted by pd24:
I would have no problem taking him 2nd. Probably the closest thing to a sure thing with Bosa. Could be the next TO and you shouldn't pass on those types of players.

How's he's the closest thing to a sure thing with Bosa?

Coming off a broken neck and put up so so numbers. I like him but I disagree with that comment
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I warned you to prepare yourself, NY. The big-body horde is coming.

Originally posted by Heroism:

Lol I've seen plenty of big body WR's but none have been as impressive as Metcalf since that crazy WR draft.

Feel like it's a week premature lol as soon as the WRs are done the combine then it will really blowup.
me when they all arrive in the draft section

me when they all arrive in the draft section

• pd24
  • Veteran

Coming off a broken neck and put up so so numbers. I like him but I disagree with that comment

He didn't break his neck and it wasn't a serious neck injury like Peyton Manning.

Injuries and so so numbers described Bosa also. Core muscle surgery is huge for a pass rusher you use your core every play as a pass rusher.

He didn't break his neck and it wasn't a serious neck injury like Peyton Manning.

Injuries and so so numbers described Bosa also. Core muscle surgery is huge for a pass rusher you use your core every play as a pass rusher.

User you neck every play too

I am with you though. He is my dark horse at 2. People think I am nuts, but I think by draft day he will be top 10 for sure if not top 5 because he's the only skill player worthy on offense so i feel like a team will jump for him.

Swap with Giants for OBJ, draft DK at 6 lol
  • pd24
  • Veteran

I am with you though. He is my dark horse at 2. People think I am nuts, but I think by draft day he will be top 10 for sure if not top 5 because he's the only skill player worthy on offense so i feel like a team will jump for him.

Be like the rams and just get defense in free agency. Just fix the WR position l, Oline, and LB position in the draft. Outscoring everyone like the Chiefs. Lol

Be like the rams and just get defense in free agency. Just fix the WR position l, Oline, and LB position in the draft. Outscoring everyone like the Chiefs. Lol

Yup and lose to Belicheck's defense in the super bowl lol

This is becoming arena league lol

If the offense gets a WR1 like AB, OBJ, or if DK can fill that role, imo it is playoff caliber. It would just needs the o line improved. Now the defense....sigh
Share 49ersWebzone