LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 358 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

#1 OVERALL PICK!!!!!

Now I know there's a lot of "big fast WR IT BEGINS" stuff going on, but Metcalf is a solid route runner, knows how to stack the db, and has excellent body control. He's going to be good.
my god this guy is a goddam freak. I hope he turns out well because he is a generational athlete.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Boom. Take him at 2
I mean... dude seemed like the best WR to me. But I had kind of hoped that with so much subjectivity around the top of this WR class he would slip to #36. That was obviously before the combine.... Now I'm wondering if the Raiders take him over Gary
Calvin Johnson 2.0. Better length, bigger hands, slightly faster. Really curious to see his change of direction. Hope he's the pick at 2. You don't pass on Calvin Johnson for a smaller Joey Bosa.
Top 10 pick guaranteed. Probably top 5. I could see jets grabbing him and going for an edge in the second now.
Trade up for him.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Worry about defense later in the draft and in free agency. Take this guy
It's all coming true. I'm ready for a month of dudes with fresh screen names swarming to the forums and trying to convince us to take DK Metcalf at 2 lol

Originally posted by Heroism:
Jokes aside, will this guy be healthy for the combine? He's the one player in this draft that could burn down the webzone. It's pretty easy to see on tape that this dude is a freakish athlete. I can envision a Julio Jones-comparable performance at the combine. All of the perennial posters who compare every 6-3, 225 lbs WR in a draft to Julio Jones will finally feel vindicated.

Brace yourselves.

I'd consider him at #2 overall...especially if Bosa is off the board. Get a pass rusher in free agency.
It's all coming true. I'm ready for a month of dudes with fresh screen names swarming to the forums and trying to convince us to take DK Metcalf at 2 lol

Jokes aside, will this guy be healthy for the combine? He's the one player in this draft that could burn down the webzone. It's pretty easy to see on tape that this dude is a freakish athlete. I can envision a Julio Jones-comparable performance at the combine. All of the perennial posters who compare every 6-3, 225 lbs WR in a draft to Julio Jones will finally feel vindicated.

Brace yourselves.

Live look at Al Davis

Originally posted by pd24:
Boom. Take him at 2

I'd be so done with this team if we took DK over Bosa. If Bosa is gone, then any and everyone should be in play at #2, but he won't be because Murray is going #1.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Calvin Johnson 2.0. Better length, bigger hands, slightly faster. Really curious to see his change of direction. Hope he's the pick at 2. You don't pass on Calvin Johnson for a smaller Joey Bosa.

Just can't see Lynch going wr, maybe if maybe they go after a few edge rushers in FA but I still doubt it
Share 49ersWebzone