LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 202 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Everyone thought I was crazy saying we could take him 2. (Bosa gone).

This dude is a WR1 all the way.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

He wasn't even the #1 receiver at Ole Miss. Being big and fast doesn't guarantee success in the pros.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

He wasn't even the #1 receiver at Ole Miss. Being big and fast doesn't guarantee success in the pros.
His combine will make him the first WR drafted.

So you don't think he will look different in KS offense? He has a lot of growing to do, so think of him in our system instead of him in Ole Miss' system.
Our defense is awful and Kyle can turn s#!t into filet mignon with wide receivers. As much as I'm a DK fan, we need our first pick to be a pass rusher
Originally posted by glorydayz:

So you don't think he will look different in KS offense? He has a lot of growing to do, so think of him in our system instead of him in Ole Miss' system.

Hard to see him doing much in this system right away until he improves his route running. I'm not saying he can't get better, but he's far from a great receiver right now and people are only projecting him to be because of his size and athletic abilities.
Hard to see him doing much in this system right away until he improves his route running. I'm not saying he can't get better, but he's far from a great receiver right now and people are only projecting him to be because of his size and athletic abilities.

This. Metcalf never had more than 650 yards receiving in any season despite playing in a pass happy offense. A part of that is linked to his lack of availability due to injuries, which is another concern but the production just wasn't there.

That is fine if you roll the dice on him at #15, a whole other issue at #2. At #2 you want a guy to come in ready to go right out of the box. What you're looking at is a very athletically gifted but extremely raw WR.
Originally posted by Jcool:

This isn't surprising. I'd be surprised if Kyle is on his bandwagon.

Yup was just gonna post this...shanny loves quickness

Yeah, change of direction is really important. It's not dk's strength. Which is why he probably would be best suited for a vertical passing attack. Although Kyle could incorporate him if he had too.

But I feel better about Kyle developing a 2nd to t3rd round receiver then I do saleh's staff developing a 2nd to 3rd round edge.
No chance we draft him at #2. I'm almost a little shocked that it needs to be stated out loud....

DeAndre Hopkins also had a 4.50 short shuttle
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
No chance we draft him at #2. I'm almost a little shocked that it needs to be stated out loud....

No one listens when Kyle talks about receivers. No matter how many times he tells us what he values, some just ignore it because they have an obsession with big bodied receivers.
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say there's gonna be a bunch of WZ mock drafts with him in it. Call me crazy
Share 49ersWebzone