LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 201 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Shanahan can scheme me open.

Saleh can't scheme anything. Get an edge.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Hard to see him doing much in this system right away until he improves his route running. I'm not saying he can't get better, but he's far from a great receiver right now and people are only projecting him to be because of his size and athletic abilities.
I've watched a lot of him and I am not seeing a guy who can't run routes. I'm seeing a guy who is actually pretty good at it for his size. He has the quick twitch (relative to his size) needed to be great at it, and he has the temperament to work hard to improve it.

EDIT- but yeah if Bosa is at 2 there's no question.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Mar 2, 2019 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Shanahan can scheme me open.

Saleh can't scheme anything. Get an edge.

Post of the day
The interesting is... when kyle really likes an offensive player, he bangs the table for him. Would be interesting if he really wants him but is conflicted because of our need at edge rusher.
Buyer beware on Metcalf: You are getting a guy with a limited route tree. His shuttle and cone times are scary bad for an elite athlete. His shuttle time was almost identical to RT Kaleb McGary.

I am not in on Metcalf.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 2, 2019 at 5:12 PM ]
That 3 cone
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The interesting is... when kyle really likes an offensive player, he bangs the table for him. Would be interesting if he really wants him but is conflicted because of our need at edge rusher.

His agility numbers were like those of a defensive tackle. Don't see Kyle being interested.

If Bosa is there everyone in that war room should be jumping up and down high giving each other even if shanahan loves DK
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
His agility numbers were like those of a defensive tackle. Don't see Kyle being interested.
yeah but i'm not convinced that kyle isnt interested. He is a really intriguing prospect. But it would be a slight outlier to who he usually has for his offense.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If Bosa is there everyone in that war room should be jumping up and down high giving each other even if shanahan loves DK

They all better. I think this FO wants Bosa so bad.

yeah but i'm not convinced that kyle isnt interested. He is a really intriguing prospect. But it would be a slight outlier to who he usually has for his offense.

They all better. I think this FO wants Bosa so bad.

Just as a comparison.

Julio Jones
4.25 shuttle 6.66 3cone

AJ Green
4.21 shuttle 6.91 3 cone

Metcalf
4.5 shuttle 7.38 3 cone
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
No chance we draft him at #2. I'm almost a little shocked that it needs to be stated out loud....

Agreed
If Bosa aint there, just take him in a trade down. f**k it.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Mar 2, 2019 at 5:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
If Bosa aint there, just take him in a trade down. f**k it.

If we go for a trade down I'd say: Metcalf, Jonah, or Burns.

Hard to really say until FA. I think DK will go early because there isn't a ton of first round offensive talent tbh.

As for the agility it's notable. I wonder if he could slim down a bit and improve it?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Stiff. Pass.

No elite production to warrant the hype
Share 49ersWebzone