LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 214 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The interesting is... when kyle really likes an offensive player, he bangs the table for him. Would be interesting if he really wants him but is conflicted because of our need at edge rusher.

His agility numbers were like those of a defensive tackle. Don't see Kyle being interested.

Yep that s**t was awful. Probably because he as big as a defensive tackle lol
Just as a comparison.

Julio Jones
4.25 shuttle 6.66 3cone

AJ Green
4.21 shuttle 6.91 3 cone

Metcalf
4.5 shuttle 7.38 3 cone
Hopkins was 4.5 shuttle too. Metcalf has a certain game and he's very good at it (beating press, stacking his man on the deep ball, winning in the red zone). Trent Taylor is a far better route runner with more agility. Would you prefer Taylor to Metcalf?

We all know Bosa is the best, and some of us like Allen. But surely there is a difference between saying Metcalf isn't worth the second pick and saying he's not going to be good.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yep that s**t was awful. Probably because he as big as a defensive tackle lol

He moves as stiff as he looks. All that muscle mass and no real short area quickness. I think he'll need to go to a team with a strong vertical passing offense for him to be most successful. Buffalo could be a good fit for him. Tampa too under Arians but not sure that they'd take a WR early.
Cmon man. This dude is nobody. Couldnt dominate the competition at miss. Why are we even talking about him.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Hopkins was 4.5 shuttle too. Metcalf has a certain game and he's very good at it (beating press, stacking his man on the deep ball, winning in the red zone). Trent Taylor is a far better route runner with more agility. Would you prefer Taylor to Metcalf?

We all know Bosa is the best, and some of us like Allen. But surely there is a difference between saying Metcalf isn't worth the second pick and saying he's not going to be good.

Hopkins was far more productive. He had more yards receiving his final year at Clemson than Metcalf had in his entire college career combined. Metcalf is an oft injured receiver that didn't have more than 650 yards receiving in any single season.

Would you prefer Taylor to Metcalf?

I wouldn't take either one at Pick 2.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
My god 4.33 what a freak
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Cmon man. This dude is nobody. Couldnt dominate the competition at miss. Why are we even talking about him.

People get weird at combine time. Never did anything in real life but he's an athlete so everybody thinks they can fix him
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Shanahan can scheme me open.

Saleh can't scheme anything. Get an edge.

/thread
If Shanny could scheme everyone open you'd think we'd have better than a 87 qb rating on the year. Bosa needs to be the pick but let's not go soft here.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 2, 2019 at 6:58 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
If Shanny could scheme everyone open you'd think we'd have better than a 87 qb rating on the year. Bosa needs to be the pick but let's not go soft here.

True. A shanny offense is going to score. We need to fix the defense

I love the idea of getting DK but at 2 I think we need an edge rusher. I Think DK will go top 10 now so the chance of us getting him is pretty slim. Now if Bosa is gone and we trade back I'd be open to anything in this draft.
[ Edited by Ohio49ersfan on Mar 2, 2019 at 7:12 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
yeah but i'm not convinced that kyle isnt interested. He is a really intriguing prospect. But it would be a slight outlier to who he usually has for his offense.

They all better. I think this FO wants Bosa so bad.

Just as a comparison.

Julio Jones
4.25 shuttle 6.66 3cone

AJ Green
4.21 shuttle 6.91 3 cone

Metcalf
4.5 shuttle 7.38 3 cone

Yeah kyle isn't gonna go for DK

That 87 may have to do with backup qb's playing 13 of the games.

A pass rush of bosa/Allen, Buckner and what Thomas can sometimes provide would instantly make our secondary look wayyyyyy better like how Aldon made our pass defense go from the 20's to top 5.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
That 87 may have to do with backup qb's playing 13 of the games.

A pass rush of bosa/Allen, Buckner and what Thomas can sometimes provide would instantly make our secondary look wayyyyyy better like how Aldon made our pass defense go from the 20's to top 5.

Small sample but even Jimmy was only at a 90.

Agreed that Bosa is the right pick. I doubt we'll go receiver high in this draft and will instead sign someone like T Williams.
Small sample but even Jimmy was only at a 90.

Agreed that Bosa is the right pick. I doubt we'll go receiver high in this draft and will instead sign someone like T Williams.

I would bet highly againt that. I don't see them spending money on a receiver that isn't a particularly good fit for the offense.

On the other hand, this draft class is absolutely brimming with receivers that are. I'd be really surprised if they don't dip back in for a WR in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone