LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 232 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

• okdkid
  • Veteran
He's not this years Vernon Davis. Vernon Davis was a beast in college.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones

All freak of nature athletes who put up hof numbers, yet none of them have a ring.

Just something to think about when people start screaming for DK over Bosa.

You can do that end too. Bruce Smith, Derrick Thomas, etc, etc. Too lazy to go thru the list.

I was going to respond with this counter. At the end of the day, the QB is the position you must fill to give yourself to best chance to win it all and to win consistently. We might have that in JG. It remains to be seen. After that, being able to stop a QB or at least get a stop in a key moment in today's NFL is the next important thing.
Originally posted by okdkid:
He's not this years Vernon Davis. Vernon Davis was a beast in college.

TBH he kind of IS a beast in college. Just been limited by injuries. He's averaging 18.3 yard per reception (21.9 last season) and a touchdown every 4.8 catches. He's just on a team with two other day one or two WRs and has missed a lot of games due to injury. His teammate Brown by comparison gets a touchdown every 14.2 catches. Davis got one every 9.2 in college. Harry is about ever 10.5 catches. As far as I can tell, no one comes close to his absurd more than one touchdown every 5 catches.
I'm in love
I don't think I've ever seen a chart quite like this.

Speed and size say Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson. Agility says BJ Raji.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think I've ever seen a chart quite like this.

Lmao. Yeah, it's odd. But he'll be among the best in the league at what he does well. A player doesn't score a touchdown every 5 receptions on accident, on a team where the "best" receiver scores ever 14 receptions. He won't be a 6'3 Trent Taylor, but he'll definitely fill a niche in the red zone and as both a deep threat and a threat to take it to the house on screens and other layup passes.
Just knew this guy was going to blow up. I had him and Isabella and my 2 guys early. I'd love to see him in red and gold but only in a trade down if Bosa goes #1.
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 2, 2019 at 9:55 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Metcalf is T.O. 2.0
  • All22
  • Veteran
He's playing the wrong position. Have him gain 15 lbs and convert him to OLB/DE.
Originally posted by All22:
He's playing the wrong position. Have him gain 15 lbs and convert him to OLB/DE.

Not with that 3 cone and shuttle lol. WR is the right position

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by All22:

Not with that 3 cone and shuttle lol. WR is the right position

Yeah, he's not showing much agility.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Shanahan told the texans to take Mario Williams and not Reggie Bush if I remember correctly.
I don´t see a scenario where the niners take Metcalf at 2.
Maybe if they trade down.
I´m pretty sure the niners will stand pat at two and take Bosa or Allen.
They really need to hit on a edge rusher and Bosa could be there at two.
I would say there´s more chance they take QW than DK.

And Metcalf is not TO. TO was super agile in the short areas.
AJ Brown has more chance to be draft if we stick to Ole Miss prospects.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's going to be gone well before our #36 pick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdc20:
Shanahan told the texans to take Mario Williams and not Reggie Bush if I remember correctly.
I don´t see a scenario where the niners take Metcalf at 2.
Maybe if they trade down.
I´m pretty sure the niners will stand pat at two and take Bosa or Allen.
They really need to hit on a edge rusher and Bosa could be there at two.
I would say there´s more chance they take QW than DK.

And Metcalf is not TO. TO was super agile in the short areas.
AJ Brown has more chance to be draft if we stick to Ole Miss prospects.

He's the closest thing to T.O. body and speed wise that I've seen in a long time.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's the closest thing to T.O. body and speed wise that I've seen in a long time.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that one big bodied WR or another is the next T.O.....

Beyond size, they are nothing alike. Owens had exceptional short area quickness and wasn't all that particularly fast. Metcalf is a burner but with limited agility. One was an ideal WCO receiver, the other is best suited for a vertical passing attack.
Share 49ersWebzone