LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 181 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's the closest thing to T.O. body and speed wise that I've seen in a long time.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that one big bodied WR or another is the next T.O.....

Beyond size, they are nothing alike. Owens had exceptional short area quickness and wasn't all that particularly fast. Metcalf is a burner but with limited agility. One was an ideal WCO receiver, the other is best suited for a vertical passing attack.

Have you seen him? He's Owen's clone - I agree he might not be as agile as Owens, but I'd love to have his down field speed as a weapon.
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that one big bodied WR or another is the next T.O.....

Beyond size, they are nothing alike. Owens had exceptional short area quickness and wasn't all that particularly fast. Metcalf is a burner but with limited agility. One was an ideal WCO receiver, the other is best suited for a vertical passing attack.

True, but interestingly enough, despite Shanahan's West Coast offense origins, our scheme is a vertical, down the field passing attack. Especially on first down. Still, if Bosa is there he clearly must be the selection.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Mar 3, 2019 at 1:27 AM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

True, but interestingly enough, despite Shanahan's West Coast offense origins, our scheme is a vertical, down the field passing attack. Especially on first down. Still, if Bosa is there he clearly must be the selection.

Uh, what offense have you been watching?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Uh, what offense have you been watching?

We dont have the QBs for that. That has been my argument all offseason
He's the closest thing to T.O. body and speed wise that I've seen in a long time.

Have you seen him? He's Owen's clone - I agree he might not be as agile as Owens, but I'd love to have his down field speed as a weapon.

Yup. We're nitpicking. This dude is going top ten for a reason. Obviously it's all roulette, but he has the talent.

Owens was extremely fast. He routinely ran past defensive backs and took balls to the house. He was one of the most explosive big receivers of all time. He only got faster during his time in the league. He tested around 4.5 coming out but by his mid to late 20s the dude was a 4.3. He ran a 4.43 at 45 years old lol.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Owens was extremely fast. He routinely ran past defensive backs and took balls to the house. He was one of the most explosive big receivers of all time. He only got faster during his time in the league. He tested around 4.5 coming out but by his mid to late 20s the dude was a 4.3. He ran a 4.43 at 45 years old lol.

That's crazy. I feel like Metcalf can actually go slimmer and be even more deadly.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

That's crazy. I feel like Metcalf can actually go slimmer and be even more deadly.

This - whoever was training him is an idiot for letting him get that bulky up top. There's no way a receiver with his length should be doing 28 reps on the bench press. He could have run faster in the 40 and done way better in the agility drills if he wasn't focused on getting so big. If he loses weight, he could be Randy Moss. He has better measurables (longer than Moss, as fast at 228 as Moss was at 195).
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

This - whoever was training him is an idiot for letting him get that bulky up top. There's no way a receiver with his length should be doing 28 reps on the bench press. He could have run faster in the 40 and done way better in the agility drills if he wasn't focused on getting so big. If he loses weight, he could be Randy Moss. He has better measurables (longer than Moss, as fast at 228 as Moss was at 195).

Moss was 4.2s and maybe even under 4.2 depending on who you talk to. Metcalf isn't as fast but his speed is more impressive considering he has like 30 pounds on Moss.

Originally posted by NCommand:

He's a gift to the NFL community
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
A lot to like. But also a lot to not like — considering the draft position.
3 years in college, 2 of those ended by injuries
Share 49ersWebzone