LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 179 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
3 years in college, 2 of those ended by injuries

Never had more than 650 yards receiving nor was he the #1 option on a pass happy college offense.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
3 years in college, 2 of those ended by injuries

Never had more than 650 yards receiving nor was he the #1 option on a pass happy college offense.

But them abs though
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
But them abs though

I have no science to back me, but I think some fat is good for an athlete in a physical sport. #Bradyscience?
Overhype

Do we cross Bosa off the list because he's never had more than 9 sacks. Injuries/ depth will do that to you.
Don't want to put the kid down but this kind of shows why using measurables to evaluate field athletes has tragic shortcomings. I think he went from 3/4 round pick to ->2/3 round pick.

If he goes first round, it's with the browns, jets, raiders, or some other perenniel loser.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Do we cross Bosa off the list because he's never had more than 9 sacks. Injuries/ depth will do that to you.

Not really the same thing.

Elite WRs get the ball. Elite pass rushers get double teamed

AJ Brown was a much better WR in college

It's very similar. Bosa was going to put up 12-15 sacks if he didn't get hurt. Metcalf was on his way to a 1100-1200 yard 10 td season before he got hurt. You put up 500 yards in 6 games that's production.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 3, 2019 at 9:28 AM ]

It's very similar. Bosa was going to put up 12-15 sacks if he didn't get hurt. Metcalf was on his way to a 1100-1200 yard 10 td season before he got hurt. You put up 500 yards in 6 games that's production.

How many people have him rated #1 for WR's?
I have no science to back me, but I think some fat is good for an athlete in a physical sport. #Bradyscience?

Slower 3 cone time than Brady too.

Fat wins!

Bosa had productive years before this. Metcalf hasn't really even had one.
Bosa had productive years before this. Metcalf hasn't really even had one.

8.5 sacks. Meh.

When you consider he was only playing half of the time that's great but are you factorinh in what DK's role was?
8.5 sacks. Meh.

When you consider he was only playing half of the time that's great but are you factorinh in what DK's role was?

Elite receivers gets the ball. Julio, Megatron in a stupid triple option offense, they all got their numbers.

AJ Brown was the alpha receiver in that offense the past two years. Give me that guy in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Metcalf at #2? Not so much.
Elite receivers gets the ball. Julio, Megatron in a stupid triple option offense, they all got their numbers.

AJ Brown was the alpha receiver in that offense the past two years. Give me that guy in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Metcalf at #2? Not so much.

Again he got hurt. He was on pace for 1100 yards 10 td's. Same with Bosa.
Again he got hurt. He was on pace for 1100 yards 10 td's. Same with Bosa.

Getting hurt is another issue. Only one year did he play into November

-Injury prone
-Lack of production
-Poor agility
-Still very raw as a route runner

Not seeing the #2 value.
Share 49ersWebzone