LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 219 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's very similar. Bosa was going to put up 12-15 sacks if he didn't get hurt. Metcalf was on his way to a 1100-1200 yard 10 td season before he got hurt. You put up 500 yards in 6 games that's production.

He was? He had only played 2 sec teams, 37 yards against LSU and 1 big play against Bama. I think his production wouldn't have mirrored first half

Metcalf is good, but top 5 based on workouts?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Again he got hurt. He was on pace for 1100 yards 10 td's. Same with Bosa.

Getting hurt is another issue. Only one year did he play into November

-Injury prone
-Lack of production
-Poor agility
-Still very raw as a route runner

Not seeing the #2 value.
He will be first WR taken.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
He was? He had only played 2 sec teams, 37 yards against LSU and 1 big play against Bama. I think his production wouldn't have mirrored first half

Metcalf is good, but top 5 based on workouts?

And a 50 yarder thru 1 quarter of the Ark game before getting hurt. 2 catches 92 yards vs Bama. I think it's reasonable to think he'd get his.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 3, 2019 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I think everywhere I've seen AJ Brown was ranked above him pre workouts

I think everywhere I've seen AJ Brown was ranked above him pre workouts

Yes, but I've been predicting he would have a gray combine so I'm sticking to my guns

I think he will go top ten.
Yes, but I've been predicting he would have a gray combine so I'm sticking to my guns

Stephen Hill was 6'4 and ran 4.36, went in 2nd

Stephen Hill was 6'4 and ran 4.36, went in 2nd

Stephen Hill, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Again he got hurt. He was on pace for 1100 yards 10 td's. Same with Bosa.

Getting hurt is another issue. Only one year did he play into November

-Injury prone
-Lack of production
-Poor agility
-Still very raw as a route runner

Not seeing the #2 value.

Frigging beast!!

Got size (6'3 3/8", 228 lbs), speed (4.33) and strength (bench press 27 reps).
He's got that sprinters stride. Imo he can get lighter and more agile. He's raw, but this is what it's all about. Hell of an athelete man. 27 reps on the bench is ridiculous.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
He's got that sprinters stride. Imo he can get lighter and more agile. He's raw, but this is what it's all about. Hell of an athelete man. 27 reps on the bench is ridiculous.

No, I like him at this size, 228 lbs is a good weight, he is a match-up nightmare. This guy with his size and strength can win all the jump balls. He is an outside receiver and a legit red zone threat.

Originally posted by Rascal:

No, I like him at this size, 228 lbs is a good weight, he is a match-up nightmare. This guy with his size and strength can win all the jump balls. He is an outside receiver and a legit red zone threat.

Yup. It I think at 210-215 he's just as deadly and can eat up defenses over the middle as well. Seems like a good kid to who will put the work in.

You said the same thing about Dorial Green Beckham. We saw how that worked out.

Just being BIG alone isn't nearly enough. Metcalf has a lot of work to do as a route runner.

His 3 cone and short shuttle were not good. Agility, change of direction and short area quickness are important for a WR and he failed this part of the combine testing.
dudes a beast, i would not mind taking him, havent seen a specimen like this since vernon davis.
It's crazy to me how the combine does this every year. It's like beer goggles.
Share 49ersWebzone