LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 266 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

• lod01
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Elite receivers gets the ball. Julio, Megatron in a stupid triple option offense, they all got their numbers.

AJ Brown was the alpha receiver in that offense the past two years. Give me that guy in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Metcalf at #2? Not so much.
On the negative side is production and injury history. When you are this big and tight, you can get injured easily. David Boston. He's wound too tight. If he tones it back and works on agility, then there's your #1 WR.

If he doesn't get hurt, his numbers rival Andre Johnsons, who I compare him to.
On the plus side, he's a Metcalf so there is pedigree. If his name was Stephen Hill I would be leery. He obviously is driven. What I would want to see is the 3-cone and shuttle at the pro day and better times. That would tell me that he's looking to improve. 3-cone & shuttle is more important to the RB position than a WR. From what I can see, Randy Moss had a 3-cone of 7.18. I could seriously give a rats ass about 0.2 in a 3-cone. This isn't a jitter bug, this is a guy that does this to the opponent: You don't need a fast 3-cone for that.
https://youtu.be/h_iaaIhXFTE?t=59
Has Raiders written all over this kid would be a classic pick
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
You said the same thing about Dorial Green Beckham. We saw how that worked out.

Just being BIG alone isn't nearly enough. Metcalf has a lot of work to do as a route runner.

I said the same thing about Courtland Sutton and he is doing pretty well considering the Broncos don't have a QB.

All rookie WRs have a lot to do on route running. One thing for sure is you cannot buy size nor speed.
We all knew, before the combine, that he would measure roughly 6'4", 225 lbs, and run in the 4.3s. What I dont understand is, if we already knew this, why is he suddenly being catapulted to a top 2 overall prospect?
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
We all knew, before the combine, that he would measure roughly 6'4", 225 lbs, and run in the 4.3s. What I dont understand is, if we already knew this, why is he suddenly being catapulted to a top 2 overall prospect?

EXACTLY
Originally posted by lod01:
Elite receivers gets the ball. Julio, Megatron in a stupid triple option offense, they all got their numbers.

AJ Brown was the alpha receiver in that offense the past two years. Give me that guy in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Metcalf at #2? Not so much.
On the negative side is production and injury history. When you are this big and tight, you can get injured easily. David Boston. He's wound too tight. If he tones it back and works on agility, then there's your #1 WR.

If he doesn't get hurt, his numbers rival Andre Johnsons, who I compare him to.
On the plus side, he's a Metcalf so there is pedigree. If his name was Stephen Hill I would be leery. He obviously is driven. What I would want to see is the 3-cone and shuttle at the pro day and better times. That would tell me that he's looking to improve. 3-cone & shuttle is more important to the RB position than a WR. From what I can see, Randy Moss had a 3-cone of 7.18. I could seriously give a rats ass about 0.2 in a 3-cone. This isn't a jitter bug, this is a guy that does this to the opponent: You don't need a fast 3-cone for that.
https://youtu.be/h_iaaIhXFTE?t=59

If this is the case, why would anyone want to draft Bosa #2 overall?
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Defensive ends don't tear their acls that often for starters.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Defensive ends don't tear their acls that often for starters.

Bosa tore his in high school, so he started early
  • afce
  • Veteran
I THINK HE IS SIMILAR TO VD BUT BETTER.
HE'S FASTER, BIGGER, AND BY FAR HAS BETTER HANDS.
HE IS MORE OF A TE HYBRID.
BUT THINK ABOUT HAVING HIM AND KITTLE ON THE FIELD AND HOW THAT WILL HELP THE RUN GAME
AND SET UP THE PLAY ACTION PASS.

HOW MANY TIMES DID WE SEE VD DROP BALLS.
HE WAS A NUMBER 10 PICK

THIS GUY IS NOT VD

I WOULD THINK SHANNAHAN COULD GET THIS GUY OPEN, AND
BIG RECEIVERS HAVE LARGER CATCH RADIUSES...

ASK A QB.

I WOULD RATHER TAKE METCALF OVER BOSA.

BEST SCENARIO WOULD BE TO TRADE DOWN ONLY IF THE TEAM WE TRADE WITH IS NOT TAKING OUR GUY.

BUT ALL SAID THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD PLAYERS IN THIS DRAFT
Originally posted by afce:
I THINK HE IS SIMILAR TO VD BUT BETTER.
HE'S FASTER, BIGGER, AND BY FAR HAS BETTER HANDS.
HE IS MORE OF A TE HYBRID.
BUT THINK ABOUT HAVING HIM AND KITTLE ON THE FIELD AND HOW THAT WILL HELP THE RUN GAME
AND SET UP THE PLAY ACTION PASS.

HOW MANY TIMES DID WE SEE VD DROP BALLS.
HE WAS A NUMBER 10 PICK

THIS GUY IS NOT VD

I WOULD THINK SHANNAHAN COULD GET THIS GUY OPEN, AND
BIG RECEIVERS HAVE LARGER CATCH RADIUSES...

ASK A QB.

I WOULD RATHER TAKE METCALF OVER BOSA.

BEST SCENARIO WOULD BE TO TRADE DOWN ONLY IF THE TEAM WE TRADE WITH IS NOT TAKING OUR GUY.

BUT ALL SAID THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD PLAYERS IN THIS DRAFT

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!

Originally posted by Rascal:

Just being BIG alone isn't nearly enough. Metcalf has a lot of work to do as a route runner.

I said the same thing about Courtland Sutton and he is doing pretty well considering the Broncos don't have a QB.

All rookie WRs have a lot to do on route running. One thing for sure is you cannot buy size nor speed.

maybe im missing something but it seems to me that nfl wrs for the most part dont run alot of routes, or complex ones at that---i see alot of go pattewrns and crossing routes..dont see many guys running routes like steve largent did
is route running over rated--i mean if you can use physical gifts of speed and quickness to get seaparation...then you have the guys that dont get separation but mostly win contested catches

You can't compare Sutton with Metcalf man. Cmon lol

You can choose to ignore this but it does not change his poor showing in important testing areas that create red flags to go along with his injury history red flags.

He has no business in the discussion at 2 for us IMHO.

Originally posted by evil:
His 3 cone and short shuttle were not good. Agility, change of direction and short area quickness are important for a WR and he failed this part of the combine testing.
  • afce
  • Veteran
I'M NOT YELLING

BROKE MY WRIST 3 WEEKS AGO

THROWING ROCK SALT ON MY STEEP DRIVEWAY
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by afce:
I'M NOT YELLING

BROKE MY WRIST 3 WEEKS AGO

THROWING ROCK SALT ON MY STEEP DRIVEWAY

Did you break your Caps lock also?