LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 163 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

I would be happy with this pick but still concerned about edge. Need more edge.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You can win the Super Bowl with Quinnen Williams. The only question is how many of them?

He couldn't win the national title.

At least he was in the national title game
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You can win the Super Bowl with Quinnen Williams. The only question is how many of them?

none on this team. This team is cursed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerswin:
I would be happy with this pick but still concerned about edge. Need more edge.

I'll be happy with Bosa, QW or Allen.
Am I the only one would who absolutely HATE the Quinnen Williams pick?

It just seems like such a Niners' failure move despite his pedigree and potential because the last thing they need is another interior DL, no matter how talented he is.

If Bosa is there at #2 and they select QW or trade out, I think it's going to be a huge mistake (and also totally something this dumb team would do).

In my mind, you gotta go Bosa #2 then take the best of the WR bunch in Rd 2. and go secondary next. To me, that would immensely help both sides of the ball. A redundant pick like QW means Buckner leaves so we just replace one great DL with another and don't actually build (similar to Trent Brown>McGlinchey). We got a fine tackle in McGlinchey but swapped him for another pro bowl so there was no net gain.

I think if QW is the pick, this team flounders next year and Lynch is canned.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Oddly enough if you google mock drafts (it's fun lol) as of today a lot are switching and saying we will go QW.

They all come in the Zone just to learn a thing or two anyways so I wouldn't trust any of them

Hahahahah I know. It's all clicks, but it is fun to see what folks are thinking.

True. I do it too just to be entertained and sometimes to fool myself

I wouldn't doubt if you know as much or more than some of them and could do a better job mocking...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

It just seems like such a Niners' failure move despite his pedigree and potential because the last thing they need is another interior DL, no matter how talented he is.

If Bosa is there at #2 and they select QW or trade out, I think it's going to be a huge mistake (and also totally something this dumb team would do).

In my mind, you gotta go Bosa #2 then take the best of the WR bunch in Rd 2. and go secondary next. To me, that would immensely help both sides of the ball. A redundant pick like QW means Buckner leaves so we just replace one great DL with another and don't actually build (similar to Trent Brown>McGlinchey). We got a fine tackle in McGlinchey but swapped him for another pro bowl so there was no net gain.

I think if it came down to Bosa or QW at #2 - they take Bosa.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I'm just praying Murray or QW is the pick at #1. Bosa going #1 would be a huge gut punch now.

Why do you think it means that?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

I'm just praying Murray or QW is the pick at #1. Bosa going #1 would be a huge gut punch now.

Even if Murray goes one overall we're taking QW over Bosa.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

Even if Murray goes one overall we're taking QW over Bosa.

I hope your wrong.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why do you think it means that?

Buckner would command a super hefty salary and at that point, it'd probably be easier to take the cheaper (potentially more talented route) with QW and dedicate that money elsewhere since the team is still thin on talent across the board.

Dumping so much dough into retaining two DTs just wouldn't make any sense in the scheme of things.
Buckner would command a super hefty salary and at that point, it'd probably be easier to take the cheaper (potentially more talented route) with QW and dedicate that money elsewhere since the team is still thin on talent across the board.

Dumping so much dough into retaining two DTs just wouldn't make any sense in the scheme of things.

So if they draft Bosa then they shouldn't extend Buckner?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

So if they draft Bosa then they shouldn't extend Buckner?

No, he's saying if the draft QW - then, they shouldn't extend Buckner.
No, he's saying if the draft QW - then, they shouldn't extend Buckner.

Why not? Regardless of who they draft, that shouldn't stop them from extending Buckner. If you're drafting Williams, its to play alongside Buckner. You have two interior DL positions and QW is capable of playing either one.
Share 49ersWebzone