LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 103 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

At this point the hype is so big anything short of Donald in the NFL will be a massive disappointment for this guy in the eyes of 49ers fans if he's drafted imo. For a 1 year wonder at that. Poor kid is extremely unlikely to live up to the hype. I had the same worry about Bosa but there's been enough detractors that his expectations levels have dropped significantly so we all good there.
Originally posted by WINiner:
At this point the hype is so big anything short of Donald in the NFL will be a massive disappointment for this guy in the eyes of 49ers fans if he's drafted imo. For a 1 year wonder at that. Poor kid is extremely unlikely to live up to the hype. I had the same worry about Bosa but there's been enough detractors that his expectations levels have dropped significantly so we all good there.

He needs to be a top 3 DT in the NFL. So no, not being DMVP will be just fine.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

We will have to agree to disagree, there is no bounds to the zones expectations of draft picks.
Originally posted by genus49:
Not to mention we already have our Warren Sapp - DeForest Buckner. I'm not sure why people seem to be forgetting him somehow.

I don't think Buckner is a quite the wrecking ball and anchor that Sapp was . . . yet. He could very well be under Kocurek, but I think he's still got work to do.

IMO in terms of impact to a defense:
Buckner = Stubblefield (could be a Richard Seymour if he improves his hand work)
Williams = Bryant Young
Bosa = Justin Smith

Two of the three ain't bad.

We will have to agree to disagree, there is no bounds to the zones expectations of draft picks.

So if he's an All-pro but isn't MVP he's a disappointment?
Originally posted by zonkers:
I don't think Buckner is a quite the wrecking ball and anchor that Sapp was . . . yet. He could very well be under Kocurek, but I think he's still got work to do.

Buckner = Stubblefield (could be a Richard Seymour if he improves his hand work)
Williams = Bryant Young
Bosa = Justin Smith

With BY and Stubby, you can put a Chris Doleman on the outside and make him productive.

You can't put just a Stubby and Foleman together and hey the same
Originally posted by KamLeon:
With BY and Stubby, you can put a Chris Doleman on the outside and make him productive.

Wait why we talking about Chris Doleman like he was Roy Barker?

He had 150 sacks over his career. Dude was a certified beast that the 49ers got at the tail end of his career.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Not to mention we already have our Warren Sapp - DeForest Buckner. I'm not sure why people seem to be forgetting him somehow.

Williams = Bryant Young
Bosa = Justin Smith

Remember how good this team was when they had Stubbelfield and Bryant Young together at defensive tackle positions? What's wrong with that? Teams couldn't run or pass on us. Certainly not up the middle. It's not the worst thing to have you know.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He had 150 sacks over his career. Dude was a certified beast that the 49ers got at the tail end of his career.

Doleman had some impact for us, but nothing like in Minn.

I kinda agree with this....you got everyone calling him the next Donald, which isn't fair to him. Donald is definition of generational.

I get hated on for giving him a McCoy comp (coming out of college) like that's some horrible thing lol.

Top 3 DT is still pretty damn lofty expectations for a guy playing next to arguably one of those top 3 DTs.

There's Aaron Donald...

Then there's

Buckner
Cox
Chris Jones making the big jump last year
Geno Atkins - bit of a decline

I do agree with WIN though, considering you have some people claiming QW is easily the best prospect in this draft class, so much so that you can forget the need and importance of DE with Bosa that taking QW should be a no brainer. Given those expectations you're looking for almost instant all pro.

Webzone for you...where the guy with the 5th most sacks in NFL history is used as a negative example lol.

Webzone for you...where the guy with the 5th most sacks in NFL history is used as a negative example lol.

Lol, yeah webzine for you....

How many of those top 5 sacks did he have wearing a Niner uni????

Like saying Montana was a great Chieff
[ Edited by KamLeon on Apr 17, 2019 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Remember how good this team was when they had Stubbelfield and Bryant Young together at defensive tackle positions? What's wrong with that? Teams couldn't run or pass on us. Certainly not up the middle. It's not the worst thing to have you know.

Yes it was great someone pointed out that during their time together the best combined sacks they had was in 94, DT with 8.5 sacks and BY with 6 sacks.

I know it's not all about sacks BUT when you're investing a top 2 pick on DL you better be sacking the QB, a lot.

Bosa would be in the perfect situation to be a double digit sack guy with Buck-AA/Thomas-Ford next to him.

So if he's an All-pro but isn't MVP he's a disappointment?

If it happens (him being drafted), you just wait and see.
Share 49ersWebzone