LISTEN: Baldy Breaks Down The 49ers →

There are 115 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Not such a genius I bet, lol
Originally posted by krizay:
A Bosa guy using total yardage for defensive ranking to make hos point. Interesting

18th in points. What metric do you want to use? They did create turnovers so it's not a total loss.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 17, 2019 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sacks is not the only thing going on. Teams could not run at all on the 49ers. That effected them big time when playing against us. Also having them opened up more single teams on the outside for the edge guys to pass rush and pad their stats. If somebody else is getting padded stats on the outside because the inside guys are getting double teamed that doesn't mean the inside guys aren't doing their job. In fact they are opening things up for the edge guys by their presence and all the attention they demand and blockers they occupy.

SF was 7th best in the league last yr (vs run) in YPA.

you can get a guy that can take on double teams and not have to spend a top 2 pick to do it.

I get it Q is a stud, not denying that...you're drafting a guy 2nd overall to sack the qb end of the day. You think buck and Q are gonna both be double digit sack IDL guys? Or will one have to take on double teams while the other kicks ass?

You could also say adding Bosa let's someone else get doubled less.

I'm fine with Q end of the day BUT imo Bosa makes that defense more balanced.
Originally posted by genus49:
Rams had the 20th defense in the league despite having the DPOY. Your point whatever it was..was wrong.

I think the main point is, I'd hold more value in the decisions of the LA coaching staff and management that showed how valuable it is to build an interior DL with 2 all pros,one possibly the best in the league, over the opinion of a random guy in a forum that can't spell genius correctly.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Welp according to PFF he's a qb pressure machine. Aaron lynch was top 10 in the league at one point in pressures while in SF

s**t matters no doubt, you want them sacking the qb if you're drafting them top 2

Consistently able to collapse the pocket and pressure the QB, sure.

Never have I seen a game decided by the team with the most sacks from ther DTackles winning a tie.

It's pretty much a draw or they go to overtime.
[ Edited by random49er on Apr 17, 2019 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by KamLeon:
4 more than we did....OMG what great pass rush!!!

And that's with Donald getting half of them. Suh had 4.5 sacks. This just reinforces the point that great DTs playing together aren't likely to give you the sexy stats on their own which given the expectations would have a lot of people screaming bust.

So you're saying sack totals don't always equate to QB pressure stats?

Thanks for making my point.

Rams had the 20th defense in the league despite having the DPOY. Your point whatever it was..was wrong.

So owned....
I think the main point is, I'd hold more value in the decisions of the LA coaching staff and management that showed how valuable it is to build an interior DL with 2 all pros,one possibly the best in the league, over the opinion of a random guy in a forum that can't spell genius correctly.

They valued it so much that Suh is currently sitting at home....they valued enough at edge to trade for Fowler and resign him

Let's atop acting like Suh currently a pro-bowler as well.
They valued it so much that Suh is currently sitting at home....they valued enough at edge to trade for Fowler and resign him

They valued it all the way to the Super Bowl, my guess is that they won't be back in the Super Bowl again this year.

They valued it all the way to the Super Bowl, my guess is that they won't be back in the Super Bowl again this year.

Yeah the offense didn't play a role in their SB trip...that was all the mediocre defense
Originally posted by tjd808185:
18th in points. What metric do you want to use? They did create turnovers so it's not a total loss.

No i was presented 10 teams who have 2 edge rushers and was told we need 2 edge rushers to make our defense better. When i looked up total defense and pass defense to show on 40% of the 10 teams were in the top half. I was gotten on for using PASS DEFENSE standings to look at how a PASS RUSH correlates to a defense.

Just find it interesting that a BOB is using similar criteria

So the Rams got to tbe Superbowl with 1 edge rusher and 2 inside guys.

Interesting.

The Rams got to tbe superbowl and their two interior guys leading them in sack also interesting.

The edge guy that the Rams kept over Suh as you say had less sacks than Armstead whom you say we dont want to rush the passer. Now dat dar interesting AF
Originally posted by mayo49:
ER is the priority over DT - I'm picking Bosa at #2.

pretty much...if Bosa is gone than it's a different discussion

If Bosa is gone trade or QW and I'm happy.

If Bosa is there I hope we see the obvious choice, even if it's a hard one in some regards and comes with some risk. You HAVE to take that risk.

If Bosa is gone, why would the ER need be ignored all of a sudden for QW?
Why people want Bosa specifically over Q Williams blows me away. QW is the better prospect, player, has never been injured, has more upside, and is way more dominant that joeys little brother.

QW > Bosa 💯💯💯💯

They went to the SB because they scored 33 pts a game not because of Suh and his subpar play.

You keep bringing up Suh like he was some pro-bowler last yr or even the yr before that.
Originally posted by krizay:
So the Rams got to tbe Superbowl with 1 edge rusher and 2 inside guys.

Interesting.

The Rams got to tbe superbowl and their two interior guys leading them in sack also interesting.

The edge guy that the Rams kept over Suh as you say had less sacks than Armstead whom you say we dont want to rush the passer. Now dat dar interesting AF

They obviously valued Fowler over Suh because he's the one on the Rams and the other isn't currently.

And they got to the SB because they scored a f**k ton of pts
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 17, 2019 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by BigBug415:
If Bosa is gone, why would the ER need be ignored all of a sudden for QW?
Why people want Bosa specifically over Q Williams blows me away. QW is the better prospect, player, has never been injured, has more upside, and is way more dominant that joeys little brother.

QW > Bosa 💯💯💯💯

Bosa and QW are in a tier above anyone else in this draft. I'm not gonna smash my tv or anything if Q is the pick.

I also wouldn't hate a trade down it Bosa is gone
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 17, 2019 at 2:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone