LISTEN: Baldy Breaks Down The 49ers →

There are 119 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Somebody needs a salad.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 17, 2019 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Somebody needs a salad.

And dude ran a 4.83 40 with a 1.67 10 yard split at that weight. Imagine what he'll be able to do as he chisels out and isn't having to put on 40 pounds in a single year.

The 49ers training staff will get him there.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Peter Schrager‏ @PSchrags

An NFL executive told me this week that Quinnen Williams' 15 minute Combine interview in INDY was as good as any 15 minute session he'd seen or been a part of from a defensive lineman before. Broke down opposing offense on film like he was an MLB; owned the room like a QB

I know this can apply to plenty of prospects, but the IQ and presence part reminded me of past Lynch comments.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Character-Counted-When-49ers-Picked-McGlinchey-481749291.html
But there was more to it than that.
They were equally impressed with McGlinchey off the field, and believe he can be a team leader on this new edition of the rebuilding 49ers.
As Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reported this week, 49ers general manager John Lynch said McGlinchey was terrific in his interview with the team at the NFL combine and called him "one of the smartest players in the draft, off the charts in terms of his presence."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706385-john-lynch-says-solomon-thomas-reuben-foster-were-2-of-49ers-top-3-players
"We were exhaustive in getting to know the kid," Lynch said, per Wagoner. "It felt genuine. That's something we loved about Reuben is that he's really genuine, he's got a smile that lights up a room, and the way he plays football is special."

http://www.knbr.com/2017/11/21/john-lynch-reveals-how-reuben-foster-convinced-him-to-draft-the-bama-lb/
One reason linebacker Reuben Foster dropped in the draft were, reportedly, his pre-draft interviews. But according to 49ers general manager John Lynch, Foster aced his interview with Lynch and his scouts. Lynch was convinced Foster would be a good player after he asked one simple question.
"Tell me what you love about football?"
"I'll never forget Reuben Foster when we sat across (from him at the combine)," Lynch said. "He couldn't really communicate, but his posture changed, he stood up, and he got a big smile on his face and everybody in the room had goose bumps on their arms."

Man you gonna root for him when he's a Raider?

That killed a few pages of discussion.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man you gonna root for him when he's a Raider?

I'm hoping he'll be a 49er for life but if he heads over there at the end of his career like Jerry and Ronnie, I'll still be a fan.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Somebody needs a salad.

And dude ran a 4.83 40 with a 1.67 10 yard split at that weight. Imagine what he'll be able to do as he chisels out and isn't having to put on 40 pounds in a single year.

The 49ers training staff will get him there.

Can't wait to see your creativity with 7 tomorrow.
I'm hoping he'll be a 49er for life but if he heads over there at the end of his career like Jerry and Ronnie, I'll still be a fan.

you're still in the Murray won't be going to AZ bandwagon then?

So if Bosa and Q are both sitting there (which is a real possibility) who are you drafting?

Did they ask him his thoughts on Bosa?

Yes.

So if Bosa and Q are both sitting there (which is a real possibility) who are you drafting?

Yes.
Originally posted by genus49:

Did they ask him his thoughts on Bosa?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.
Come on now give me a straight up answer. Bosa or Q if their both there.
Originally posted by evil:

Share 49ersWebzone