LISTEN: Baldy Breaks Down The 49ers →

There are 104 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Originally posted by NYniner85:
So if Bosa and Q are both sitting there (which is a real possibility) who are you drafting?

Yes. Come on now give me a straight up answer. Bosa or Q if their both there.

They will choose Williams even if Bosa is available.
So if Bosa and Q are both sitting there (which is a real possibility) who are you drafting?

Yes.
Come on now give me a straight up answer. Bosa or Q if their both there.

Lol. You know better. Phoenix49ers is really wanted Quinnen Williams than Nick Bosa. I can see clear what Phoenix49ers did post for seriously about Quinnen Williams. It is clear for real.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 17, 2019 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by KamLeon:
4 more than we did....OMG what great pass rush!!!

And that's with Donald getting half of them. Suh had 4.5 sacks. This just reinforces the point that great DTs playing together aren't likely to give you the sexy stats on their own which given the expectations would have a lot of people screaming bust.

So you're saying sack totals don't always equate to QB pressure stats?

Thanks for making my point.

Rams had the 20th defense in the league despite having the DPOY. Your point whatever it was..was wrong.

A Bosa guy using total yardage for defensive ranking to make hos point. Interesting

They were 20th in points allowed, 19th in yards allowed...what are you talking about? I didn't feel like writing out both. Either case they didn't get to the SB due to their defensive play. And there was a reason they traded for Dante Fowler mid season...so having two terrific DTs, one on his way to a DPOY season didn't give them what they wanted.
Originally posted by KamLeon:
Rams had the 20th defense in the league despite having the DPOY. Your point whatever it was..was wrong.

I think the main point is, I'd hold more value in the decisions of the LA coaching staff and management that showed how valuable it is to build an interior DL with 2 all pros,one possibly the best in the league, over the opinion of a random guy in a forum that can't spell genius correctly.

So I should take the opinion of a guy who can't read or apparently taken biology 101?

And remind me what Suh is doing currently? Did the Rams in their amazing wisdom re-sign him since he was SO key to their process? OR did they re-sign the outside edge guy who they traded for mid season when they realized the two all pro DTs weren't getting them where they wanted?
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
18th in points. What metric do you want to use? They did create turnovers so it's not a total loss.

No i was presented 10 teams who have 2 edge rushers and was told we need 2 edge rushers to make our defense better. When i looked up total defense and pass defense to show on 40% of the 10 teams were in the top half. I was gotten on for using PASS DEFENSE standings to look at how a PASS RUSH correlates to a defense.

Just find it interesting that a BOB is using similar criteria

First of all I think Bosa is the best pick for this team. It doesn't mean I'm Bosa or Bust. If Quinnen is the pick I'll be very excited but with more reservations and concerns then I would be with Nick.

Second...as I mentioned above I have no idea what you're talking about. They were 20th in points allowed...19th in total yardage so you're calling me out before double checking. You threw out total yards and people mentioned that end of the day yardage doesn't win games. In this particular scenario the Rams were 19th/20th. Which pretty much means they were not a very good defense no matter how you slice it.

That was the point...
Originally posted by SFrush:

Yes. Come on now give me a straight up answer. Bosa or Q if their both there.

They will choose Williams even if Bosa is available.
I'm gonna disagree with that
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by mayo49:
ER is the priority over DT - I'm picking Bosa at #2.

pretty much...if Bosa is gone than it's a different discussion

If Bosa is gone trade or QW and I'm happy.

If Bosa is there I hope we see the obvious choice, even if it's a hard one in some regards and comes with some risk. You HAVE to take that risk.

If Bosa is gone, why would the ER need be ignored all of a sudden for QW?
Why people want Bosa specifically over Q Williams blows me away. QW is the better prospect, player, has never been injured, has more upside, and is way more dominant that joeys little brother.

QW > Bosa 💯💯💯💯

Not sure why it's a difficult concept to understand.

I have admitted many times in here and in the Bosa thread that I think Quinnen is the better DT prospect than Bosa is a DE prospect. However given the state or our roster and where each guy is in terms of this draft class, Bosa is the best pick for US.

I don't think there is anyone close to Bosa in this draft at DE. I love Brian Burns and I don't mind Josh Allen but I think those guys aren't week 1 DEs in the NFL like Bosa is. So if Bosa is gone then I have no problem with us taking BPA which would be Quinnen or trading down where taking Burns/Allen makes more sense given that they're not instant starters.

You may throw out that QW>Bosa and whatever that means but can you show me anyone else doing draft breakdowns who thinks Quinnen is night and day above Bosa? Because that's the only way if both guys are on the board that we should take Quinnen over Bosa...unless the political BS gets in the way(which I pray we're not stupid enough to impact our draft)
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

All I heard was b ain't getting my 3 tech spot and can settle for the scraps.
The more I look into each of the possible picks for us, I think you take Bosa, who I think is a boom or bust player. He might be the whole package, or he might be an injured headache. Josh Allen is considered a great locker room guy / leader who has produced and stayed healthy. But with Allen you might be more of 3-4 LB and not a hand on the ground 4-3 end. We took a similar player in Manny Lawson, although Josh had WAY more production. He just needs double up on leg day. Bosa has that ridiculous lower body type that makes setting the edge in the run game easy. Allen I worry.

Then there is the joker card, which would be taking a DT Quinnen Williams. I've watched a bunch of tape on him, and it is clear that games that he didn't get "stats" were because teams specifically game planned away from him. He consistently drew double or triple teams, and he actually was able to beat them sometimes. I think QW is a stud DT, but I don't know if we need another DT. He would be the #2 DT beside Buckner. But I don't know if the amount he improves that spot is enough to drastically improve the EDGE with either Bosa or Allen. At DT we have good depth. At EDGE we don't have a legit starter on one side of the line.

I love QW, but it just doesn't make sense. I will be happy with any of the 3, but there are risks to all three.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by mayo49:
ER is the priority over DT - I'm picking Bosa at #2.

pretty much...if Bosa is gone than it's a different discussion

If Bosa is gone trade or QW and I'm happy.

If Bosa is there I hope we see the obvious choice, even if it's a hard one in some regards and comes with some risk. You HAVE to take that risk.

If Bosa is gone, why would the ER need be ignored all of a sudden for QW?
Why people want Bosa specifically over Q Williams blows me away. QW is the better prospect, player, has never been injured, has more upside, and is way more dominant that joeys little brother.

QW > Bosa 💯💯💯💯

Not sure why it's a difficult concept to understand.

I have admitted many times in here and in the Bosa thread that I think Quinnen is the better DT prospect than Bosa is a DE prospect. However given the state or our roster and where each guy is in terms of this draft class, Bosa is the best pick for US.

I don't think there is anyone close to Bosa in this draft at DE. I love Brian Burns and I don't mind Josh Allen but I think those guys aren't week 1 DEs in the NFL like Bosa is. So if Bosa is gone then I have no problem with us taking BPA which would be Quinnen or trading down where taking Burns/Allen makes more sense given that they're not instant starters.

You may throw out that QW>Bosa and whatever that means but can you show me anyone else doing draft breakdowns who thinks Quinnen is night and day above Bosa? Because that's the only way if both guys are on the board that we should take Quinnen over Bosa...unless the political BS gets in the way(which I pray we're not stupid enough to impact our draft)

This pretty much summarises it for me. I love both Bosa and Q. Either of them will be a great addition to this team. Maybe Q is slightly better at his position than Bosa is at his own, but imo his position is slightly less important than Bosa's. But the decider is simple. The added value to the team from Bosa is significantly higher that it is from Q, because that position is currently much weaker on our roster.

Simple math: roster + Bosa > roster + Q.

days until Quinnen Williams is a 49er!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathof44:
you're still in the Murray won't be going to AZ bandwagon then?

Yes.

Yes.

Originally posted by Syxton:
The more I look into each of the possible picks for us, I think you take Bosa, who I think is a boom or bust player. He might be the whole package, or he might be an injured headache. Josh Allen is considered a great locker room guy / leader who has produced and stayed healthy. But with Allen you might be more of 3-4 LB and not a hand on the ground 4-3 end. We took a similar player in Manny Lawson, although Josh had WAY more production. He just needs double up on leg day. Bosa has that ridiculous lower body type that makes setting the edge in the run game easy. Allen I worry.

Then there is the joker card, which would be taking a DT Quinnen Williams. I've watched a bunch of tape on him, and it is clear that games that he didn't get "stats" were because teams specifically game planned away from him. He consistently drew double or triple teams, and he actually was able to beat them sometimes. I think QW is a stud DT, but I don't know if we need another DT. He would be the #2 DT beside Buckner. But I don't know if the amount he improves that spot is enough to drastically improve the EDGE with either Bosa or Allen. At DT we have good depth. At EDGE we don't have a legit starter on one side of the line.

I love QW, but it just doesn't make sense. I will be happy with any of the 3, but there are risks to all three.

Nice breakdown, do you think in this case than Allen helps us more than say QW?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Syxton:

Nice breakdown, do you think in this case than Allen helps us more than say QW?

Personally, I wouldn't mind having four edge rushers at the level of Dee Ford vs just the one we have right now in Dee Ford.. In other words, Bosa and if possible another edge rusher in the mid rounds this year, or even another edge rusher in the first or second round *next* year too.

days until Quinnen Williams is a 49er!

YES!!!!! But not really. I've also noticed your blatant refusal to answer NY85's question.
Share 49ersWebzone