LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 335 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Will anyone really be disappointed with getting a blue chip defensive player? I mean, I want Bosa, but Williams is going to be a great player too.

Curious to see the reaction if we pass on Bosa and draft Quinnen? Total meltdown???

I think most people realize there isn't a wrong answer to which player to draft. Just a more correct answer which is clearly Bosa. Get at me
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Will anyone really be disappointed with getting a blue chip defensive player? I mean, I want Bosa, but Williams is going to be a great player too.

Curious to see the reaction if we pass on Bosa and draft Quinnen? Total meltdown???

I think most people realize there isn't a wrong answer to which player to draft. Just a more correct answer which is clearly Bosa. Get at me

Yes... but also no. People will freak out.

He would need to be a hall of fame player for this pick to be worth it. Could he be? Maybe. But those are high expectations when anything can happen. Don't forget about the last Alabama player we took where we were sure he'd be in the HoF someday.

I'd be disappointed because I'm not sure if QW helps us win immediately like a Bosa would. And I find the idea of putting Ronald Blair the opposite side of Ford to be pretty blah.

If its a choice between putting Bosa and Ford outside, and Solomon/Buck inside or

Blair and Ford outside and QW/Buck inside...I'm taking the former.

But I also realize that you always have to take the BPA. And if Bosa goes #1 overall to the Cards...then them's the breaks. They have to take QW then. I wouldn't fault Lynch, but I'd be disappointed in general.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
He would need to be a hall of fame player for this pick to be worth it. Could he be? Maybe. But those are high expectations when anything can happen. Don't forget about the last Alabama player we took where we were sure he'd be in the HoF someday.

I'd be disappointed because I'm not sure if QW helps us win immediately like a Bosa would. And I find the idea of putting Ronald Blair the opposite side of Ford to be pretty blah.

If its a choice between putting Bosa and Ford outside, and Solomon/Buck inside or

But I also realize that you always have to take the BPA. And if Bosa goes #1 overall to the Cards...then them's the breaks. They have to take QW then. I wouldn't fault Lynch, but I'd be disappointed in general.

You're also assuming that they wouldn't address edge at all after that, like drafting a Winovich and maybe even potentially signing Ansah down the road.

I'd be amazed, but cannot say completely surprised lol. I consider them 1A and 1B, with Advantage Bosa for his positional value and our depth inside already.
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Apr 18, 2019 at 2:36 PM ]
The jets are gonna get a damn good player

If we take Quinnen I would question the thought process and it would make me question why we value edge so little(it's a dead horse I've been beating when people were clowning Lynch for the You don't just replace a Cassius Marsh comments by saying this draft/free agency we address it in a big way) but I will still be excited about adding a terrific player and will hope for the best in him playing next to Buckner, Ford and whoever lines up on the other side.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kinda jealous of the Jets but I think I'll live comfortably in my Bosa Jersey

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kinda jealous of the Jets but I think I'll live comfortably in my Bosa Jersey

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You're also assuming that they wouldn't address edge at all after that, like drafting a Winovich and maybe even potentially signing Ansah down the road.

Ansah? Gross. So he can play 4 games next season? Rather draft Christian Williams, D'Andre Walker, or Justin Hollins. And if you draft Winovich, you are losing that quality WR in round 2.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 18, 2019 at 2:44 PM ]

Just my opinion, but I feel like there's gonna be better wide receiver and safety talent in round 2 that is gonna be too good to pass up. All the edge guys are gonna go early.

Maybe signing Ansah to a cheap deal is an option. I haven't seen much movement there.

But..but..but.. He can't play NT...

Just my opinion, but I feel like there's gonna be better wide receiver and safety talent in round 2 that is gonna be too good to pass up. All the edge guys are gonna go early.

Maybe signing Ansah to a cheap deal is an option. I haven't seen much movement there.

I agree. Edge rushers go early for a reason. If we pass on Bosa and take Quinnen I feel we have to be aggressive and come up for someone like Ferrell or even Winovich who can easily go low round 1.
Share 49ersWebzone