LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 137 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

What is he doing with Bosa's warm-up weight?
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
He would need to be a hall of fame player for this pick to be worth it. Could he be? Maybe. But those are high expectations when anything can happen. Don't forget about the last Alabama player we took where we were sure he'd be in the HoF someday.

I'd be disappointed because I'm not sure if QW helps us win immediately like a Bosa would. And I find the idea of putting Ronald Blair the opposite side of Ford to be pretty blah.

If its a choice between putting Bosa and Ford outside, and Solomon/Buck inside or

Blair and Ford outside and QW/Buck inside...I'm taking the former.

But I also realize that you always have to take the BPA. And if Bosa goes #1 overall to the Cards...then them's the breaks. They have to take QW then. I wouldn't fault Lynch, but I'd be disappointed in general.

Why would he need to be a hall of famer? Damn that escalated quickly lol
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Apr 18, 2019 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
What is he doing with Bosa's warm-up weight?

QW took over after Bosa hurt himself again.
You're also assuming that they wouldn't address edge at all after that, like drafting a Winovich and maybe even potentially signing Ansah down the road.

Just my opinion, but I feel like there's gonna be better wide receiver and safety talent in round 2 that is gonna be too good to pass up. All the edge guys are gonna go early.

Maybe signing Ansah to a cheap deal is an option. I haven't seen much movement there.

Kocurek probably left a threatening voicemail for him to not sign anywhere until SF offers him around draft time.
You're also assuming that they wouldn't address edge at all after that, like drafting a Winovich and maybe even potentially signing Ansah down the road.

Exactly
The young man is about to be on NFL LIVE in about 45sec.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
The young man is about to be on NFL LIVE in about 45sec.

Live from IHOP
Just my opinion, but I feel like there's gonna be better wide receiver and safety talent in round 2 that is gonna be too good to pass up. All the edge guys are gonna go early.

Maybe signing Ansah to a cheap deal is an option. I haven't seen much movement there.

I do think a QW + Winovich / Polite combo would be pretty tough to pass up if we were guaranteed to land one of them later. Either way I'm happy with Bosa or QW at this point. Dream draft would be trade down to 4, get another Raiders 1st and have either Bosa or QW at 4.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I do think a QW + Winovich / Polite combo would be pretty tough to pass up if we were guaranteed to land one of them later. Either way I'm happy with Bosa or QW at this point. Dream draft would be trade down to 4, get another Raiders 1st and have either Bosa or QW at 4.

This is what needs to happen!!

• Hopper
  • Veteran
No way Lynch passes on QW. His football IQ is off the charts.
I wouldn't be disappointed with Qw but I wouldn't be happy either. It would just be meh. I would understand it, but the 20th 3 technique in 3 years would just feel like whatever.
Quinnen Williams is just awesome as an interview. What a great young man he is and definitely someone who you never need to worry fitting in the locker room or off the field.

Btw love how he kept mentioning the 0 NG position and the 3Tech and 5Tech. People who haven't seen Williams play are simply blind and foolish for thinking he is just a plugger in the middle. The young man is dominant at all positions on the DL. It takes a special talent to be able to do this. Quinnen Williams is a SPECIAL TALENT.

Lynch has to salivating at the mouth at a chance to grab Williams. Shanahan and Jimmy is sweating bullets that Arizona might be smarter than we think and takes Quinnen Williams before the 49ers grab him. Jimmy's knee would immediately start hurting if that happens.
Glad that I'm not the only one that made the QW/Quenton Nelson comparison.

Originally posted by Ark49er:
Quinnen Williams is just awesome as an interview. What a great young man he is and definitely someone who you never need to worry fitting in the locker room or off the field.

Btw love how he kept mentioning the 0 NG position and the 3Tech and 5Tech. People who haven't seen Williams play are simply blind and foolish for thinking he is just a plugger in the middle. The young man is dominant at all positions on the DL. It takes a special talent to be able to do this. Quinnen Williams is a SPECIAL TALENT.

Lynch has to salivating at the mouth at a chance to grab Williams. Shanahan and Jimmy is sweating bullets that Arizona might be smarter than we think and takes Quinnen Williams before the 49ers grab him. Jimmy's knee would immediately start hurting if that happens.
Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone