LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 107 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

wonder why the Mac jones and Justin fields thread aren't more hospitable like this one.
Originally posted by lamontb:
wonder why the Mac jones and Justin fields thread aren't more hospitable like this one.

My guess is because it's a higher stakes. You KNOW great college DEs and DTs are going to be great in the NFL, 9 times out of 10. Not so much with quarterbacks.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
I think we were the ones arguing that technically his college tape outshined Bosa's during the draft process.... and got roasted for it.

Glad we went Bosa cause IMO a top 3 DE is better than a top 3 DT... but Im just happy they are both balling out.

Bosa's a 2x Pro Bowler and the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Given that you have 5 years total to maximize that rookie contract,..there's no question whatsoever that the right choice was Bosa.

QW continuing to develop is a great story for him and his future,...but there's no comparing his production as a player to Bosa's during their previous years.

We were just comparing the college tape of the players. Im 100% behind the Bosa pick, glad we made it and love having a DE that teams have to triple team or tackle to get him out of the play.

If Drake makes an impact or Mr injured ever comes back to the interior, we have an amazing combo. Wait there are two Mr Injureds lol. just get one on the field.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
My guess is because it's a higher stakes. You KNOW great college DEs and DTs are going to be great in the NFL, 9 times out of 10. Not so much with quarterbacks.

and that 1 time out of 10 we had to get Solomon fookin Thomas.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:

We also took Kinlaw. We are beating the odds
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:

We also took Kinlaw. We are beating the odds

Kinlaw is really good he has a chronic knee injury but in terms of talent and play everytime when he is on the field he plays extremally well
Originally posted by ritz126:
Kinlaw is really good he has a chronic knee injury but in terms of talent and play everytime when he is on the field he plays extremally well

The problem is that he's rarely on the field and they knew that he had significant knee issues when they drafted him.
meh....Jonathan Allen was another lineman with health problems. We went the other way and drafted a bust as Allen became a Pro Bowler.

It's not a problem at all....just the roll of the dice. You win some, you lose some,...but needless to say, Kinlaw's career isin't over just yet.
Originally posted by random49er:
meh....Jonathan Allen was another lineman with health problems. We went the other way and drafted a bust as Allen became a Pro Bowler.

It's not a problem at all....just the roll of the dice. You win some, you lose some,...but needless to say, Kinlaw's career isin't over just yet.

Allen without the injury issues was a legit Top 5 pick. He was one of the most dominant DL's in college football history. He was the best player on a team loaded with NFL talent. Allen's issues also were mostly upper body, not knee related. Taking him at 17 was a reasonable risk.

Kinlaw was always more about potential that came with a degenerative knee condition. A high ceiling guy whose ceiling might be limited by his knee being a ticking time bomb. For a team that has repeatedly been bitten by drafting injury prone players, it wasn't a good risk to take.
He's playing tremendous football.

Monster.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Monster.

He's great. I figured he would be.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Out of the last 10 drafts 16 Dlinemen were picked in top 10. To me J Bosa, Buckner, Garrett, Chubb, N Bosa, Q, and Allen are the only ones i'd for sure take today. The rest are decent or they are busts.

Dion Jordan - bust
Ezekiel Ansah - not worth it
Jadeveon Clowney - not worth it
Leonard Williams - not worth it
Joey Bosa
DeForest Buckner
Myles Garrett
Solomon Thomasn - bust
Bradley Chubb
Nick Bosa
Quinnen Williams
Clelin Ferrelln - bust
Josh Allen
Ed Oliver - decent
Chase Young - 1 good year, injured
Derrick Brown - honestly dont know
Glad quinnen is doing well. Honestly I was okay with either him or Bosa, but obviously we all leaned towards Bosa cause we needed an edge a hell of a lot more than an interior linemen at the time.
Share 49ersWebzone