There are 245 users in the forums

WR Oklahoma CeeDee Lamb

I went back to the day 2 presser after last year's draft to hear what Shanny and Lynch said about Deebo and Hurd and what about those two made them attractive to the regime. Check out what they have to say starting :33. The part about being an extreme competitor, fighting for yards and literally having to fight him to beat him. if they liked that about Deebo and Hurd, they'll certainly like that about Ceedee.

?t=33
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 6, 2020 at 1:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Finally you guys coming around on him, kids a beast no doubt! Man the thought of him, Deebo and Kittle yacing fools is exciting

I've liked Lamb from the moment I began watching him. He's my type of player(aka an ass kicker). I'm just not sure if he's what Kyle is looking for with the two other guys being so easy to envision Kyle loving(hell, Jeudy is basically a plus version of Pettis). But something that made me rethink this was last year the team putting a heavy emphasis on drafting tough, physical and hypercompetitive players. Deebo and Hurd brought a good balance of toughness and physicality while still being athletic enough for Kyle. Lamb seems to be in a similar mold. Was this a shift in draft philosophy or one-time thing? If it's the former, then there's good chance CeeDee will be wearing red and gold.

Plus, Simms was gushing over Lamb. I don't think that's coincidental lol. I'm positive he's sat down with Kyle recently and watched WRs.

I swear Hero, I have theorized they changed their entire draft strategy BECAUSE of Pettis. They literally went out and made a conscious decision to get the two meanest dogs in college football. And Kyle didn't hide it saying he got the two toughest receivers in the draft IIRC. This is what gives me hope. They do seem to learn from their mistakes in Thomas, Pettis and Witherspoon. And then they go the polar opposite direction.

Maybe Lamb fits this new mentality.
I went back to the day 2 presser after last year's draft to hear what Shanny and Lynch said about Deebo and Hurd and what about those two made them attractive to the regime. Check out what they have to say starting :33. The part about being an extreme competitor, fighting for yards and literally having to fight him to beat him. if they liked that about Deebo and Hurd, they'll certainly like that about Ceedee.

?t=33

Check out 2:23 too. Size matters people. LOL
Once we got the 13th pick, I was all in on Ruggs. Then I started to think that the Raiders prefer Ruggs and I started following Jeudy more and became a huge fan of his. Now, I can't stop watching Lamb and thinking how awesome him, Kittle, and Deebo would be as the toughest SOBs catching passes and bruising people with their YAC ability.

I have way too much free time these days so I'm just getting high hopes with too many days until the draft.

Also, before we got the 13th pick I was hoping for Jefferson to drop.

Probably best that I can't leave the house, otherwise the public will see my boner for WRs...

Sorry. Nothing productive in the post
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Once we got the 13th pick, I was all in on Ruggs. Then I started to think that the Raiders prefer Ruggs and I started following Jeudy more and became a huge fan of his. Now, I can't stop watching Lamb and thinking how awesome him, Kittle, and Deebo would be as the toughest SOBs catching passes and bruising people with their YAC ability.

I have way too much free time these days so I'm just getting high hopes with too many days until the draft.

Also, before we got the 13th pick I was hoping for Jefferson to drop.

Probably best that I can't leave the house, otherwise the public will see my boner for WRs...

Sorry. Nothing productive in the post

I think Kyle can make any of the top WRs 3 stars
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I think Kyle can make any of the top 13 WRs stars

i agree
I think Kyle can make any of the top WRs 3 stars

Totally agree
Originally posted by krizay:
I think Kyle can make any of the top 31 WRs stars

i agree

Here here
Originally posted by krizay:
I think Kyle can make any of the top 3 WRs stars

i agree

If you're gonna edit my comments please say so

Damn, Lamb has grown on me a lot. I'm really warming up to the idea of Lamb, Deebo and Kittle kicking ass in the NFC West. I love his toughness on the field and how he competes when the ball is in the air and doesn't go down to the first guy trying to tackle him. If I was drafting a WR for my team, I would probably go with Lamb over Ruggs and Jeudy. But I'm not so sure Kyle will.

btw, what's this stuff I hear about being a partier? I tried looking for more information about that, and the only "source" I found was Walter Football . Did any credible sources report that about Lamb?
I agree completely. Said a couple of weeks ago that it wouldnt surprise me if Lamb was the first WR off the board and I still feel that way. I think he will be gone when the Niners pick and the choice will be between Ruggs, an OT, or a trade down. To me, Lamb has such a huge upside that he would be really tough for the Jets or Raiders to pass on. As for not having enough speed... well isnt that what they said about Jerry? Now I am not comparing him to the GOAT but I do think his speed is just fine

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Damn, Lamb has grown on me a lot. I'm really warming up to the idea of Lamb, Deebo and Kittle kicking ass in the NFC West. I love his toughness on the field and how he competes when the ball is in the air and doesn't go down to the first guy trying to tackle him. If I was drafting a WR for my team, I would probably go with Lamb over Ruggs and Jeudy. But I'm not so sure Kyle will.

btw, what's this stuff I hear about being a partier? I tried looking for more information about that, and the only "source" I found was Walter Football . Did any credible sources report that about Lamb?
I agree completely. Said a couple of weeks ago that it wouldnt surprise me if Lamb was the first WR off the board and I still feel that way. I think he will be gone when the Niners pick and the choice will be between Ruggs, an OT, or a trade down. To me, Lamb has such a huge upside that he would be really tough for the Jets or Raiders to pass on. As for not having enough speed... well isnt that what they said about Jerry? Now I am not comparing him to the GOAT but I do think his speed is just fine

Jerry never got caught from behind when he was young and in his prime, I constantly see Lamb getting caught on the highlights I see. He does have RAC ability but Jeudy and Ruggs do as well and can easily take it to the house without getting caught especially Ruggs easily. I'm just not impressed with Lamb's speed or the fact he came from that Oklahoma offense where as Jeudy and Ruggs came from running pro style routes. Overall I think the Jets go OT and I pray Raiders take Lamb and give us the choice of Jeudy or Ruggs
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Apr 6, 2020 at 7:22 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Jerry never got caught from behind when he was young and in his prime, I constantly see Lamb getting caught on the highlights I see. He does have RAC ability but Jeudy and Ruggs do as well and can easily take it to the house without getting caught especially Ruggs easily. I'm just not impressed with Lamb's speed or the fact he came from that Oklahoma offense where as Jeudy and Ruggs came from running pro style routes. Overall I think the Jets go OT and I pray Raiders take Lamb and give us the choice of Jeudy or Ruggs
to each his own. I just love Lambs hands, his physicality, and his ability to break tackles and get yards. That to me is more important than whether he gets caught from behind on occasion. Its really a toss up for me between Jeudy and Lamb at this point with Ruggs clearly 3rd in my mind. However, any of the 3 would be fine with me.
@Waterbear

I don't know if Kyle is, but I am.

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 7, 2020 at 1:30 PM ]
@Waterbear

I don't know if Kyle is, but I am.

If you're gonna say my comments please edit so

Dude are you drunk?
Share 49ersWebzone