There are 221 users in the forums

WR Oklahoma CeeDee Lamb

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man we went from Jerry to ruggs to lamb with these draft crushes. People will be disappointed.

I like all three

Same here. Its all about who Kyle likes the most.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man we went from Jerry to ruggs to lamb with these draft crushes. People will be disappointed.

I like all three

Don't want to be disappointed if it isn't one particular guy - so just hoping that whoever it is, he'll come in and do a good job.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I like all three

Don't want to be disappointed if it isn't one particular guy - so just hoping that whoever it is, he'll come in and do a good job.

This.

But damn Lamb, Deebo, and Bourne sound pretty good to me.
Lamb is a Deebo clone that is benefiting from probably the only coach that could get a playmaker like Deebo the ball as many times as he did.

Lamb is Deebo 0.5 without as much quickness, speed, strength, or route running. And he didn't play in the SEC. Everybody wants to mock him to us so they can legitimize him as a first round pick. If we don't take him, I think he falls right out of the first round.

Please stop this hype bandwagon.
We don't need another Deebo. We need someone to mimic Emmanuel Sanders skill set. A more reliable route and timing guy down the field
[ Edited by leonbanton on Apr 9, 2020 at 6:07 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leonbanton:
We don't need another Deebo. We need someone to mimic Emmanuel Sanders skill set. A more reliable route and timing guy down the field

Jeudy is OBJ.
Ruggs is Hill.
Mihms is Metcalf/Hopkins.
Shenault is Deebo.
Lamb is AJ Green.
Claypool is AJ Brown.

There's not another guy in this draft with Samuel's skill set. Maybe Jeudy.
[ Edited by All22 on Apr 9, 2020 at 6:16 AM ]
Lamb is a Deebo clone that is benefiting from probably the only coach that could get a playmaker like Deebo the ball as many times as he did.

Lamb is Deebo 0.5 without as much quickness, speed, strength, or route running. And he didn't play in the SEC. Everybody wants to mock him to us so they can legitimize him as a first round pick. If we don't take him, I think he falls right out of the first round.

This is a ridiculous post. The only things Lamb and Samuel have in common are that they're tough to bring down after the catch and they are similar athletes with respect to speed and explosion.

Oklahoma played the 10th toughest schedule this year (South Carolina played three 13th a year ago per Sagarin ratings). If you want to knock WRs for playing soft schedules, knock Jeudy and Ruggs as Alabama played a much weaker schedule this year (49th).

Lamb is 3" taller than Samuel with longer arms. A common comp for Lamb is DeAndre Hopkins. No one but you thinks Lamb is a clone of a 5'11 WR with short arms who is built like a RB. He's also 21 while Samuel was 23 when he was drafted.

Samuel wasn't known for being a good route runner in college. Their combine numbers are almost identical too (4.48 vs 4.50 in the 40, Deebo had a better vertical jump and Lamb had a better broad jump).

Lamb is clearly a better prospect coming out than Samuel was given the difference in size, age, and production in college.

Give me the guy who is 3" taller with longer arms, arguably better hands, far more production, and is 2 years younger when drafted. The 2 hundredths of a second you're referencing to say Samuel is faster is a rounding error.
Originally posted by All22:

Jeudy is OBJ.
Ruggs is Hill.
Shenault is Deebo.
Lamb is AJ Green.
Claypool is AJ Brown.

Jeudy isn't remotely like Samuel. He's the worst of the top 3 WRs after the catch and Samuel is 5'11 214 while Jeudy is 6'1 193. Jeudy's one big strength is that he's a great route runner while Samuel is explosive and strong and plays like a RB after the catch. Jeudy is also nowhere near the elite athlete Beckham Jr. is but that's another story.

Shenault plays more like Samuel but is injury prone.

Lamb is more like Hopkins than AJ Green. Higgins is probably the closest comp to AJ Green but is much slower.

And Claypool is nothing like AJ Brown. He's more like DK Metcalf as a height weight speed guy who offers little in terms of route running or quickness.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

This is a ridiculous post. The only things Lamb and Samuel have in common are that they're tough to bring down after the catch and they are similar athletes with respect to speed and explosion.

Oklahoma played the 10th toughest schedule this year (South Carolina played three 13th a year ago per Sagarin ratings). If you want to knock WRs for playing soft schedules, knock Jeudy and Ruggs as Alabama played a much weaker schedule this year (49th).

Lamb is 3" taller than Samuel with longer arms. A common comp for Lamb is DeAndre Hopkins. No one but you thinks Lamb is a clone of a 5'11 WR with short arms who is built like a RB. He's also 21 while Samuel was 23 when he was drafted.

Samuel wasn't known for being a good route runner in college. Their combine numbers are almost identical too (4.48 vs 4.50 in the 40, Deebo had a better vertical jump and Lamb had a better broad jump).

Lamb is clearly a better prospect coming out than Samuel was given the difference in size, age, and production in college.

Give me the guy who is 3" taller with longer arms, arguably better hands, far more production, and is 2 years younger when drafted. The 2 hundredths of a second you're referencing to say Samuel is faster is a rounding error.

Yeah I prefer Ruggs and Jeudy but the whole Lamb is just a less talented Deebo is silly.

Size difference between the two. We could do a lot worse than pairing these two guys up for the next 4+ years.

Yes Deebo is more of a truck given his weight at his height but Lamb does a lot of things well and uses his size well. His route running isn't at the same level as Jeudy but he's not a telegraph machine out there either.

I prefer the other guys to have a good compliment to Deebo but I can see the logic in wanting more of the same to ensure we never miss a beat.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

And that they both play WR.

Originally posted by Rathof44:
And that they both play WR.

Good point!
Originally posted by All22:
Jeudy is OBJ.
Ruggs is Hill.
Shenault is Deebo.
Lamb is AJ Green.
Claypool is AJ Brown.

Ohhh I want to try.

Jeudy- chad Jonhson
Mims-Martavius Bryant
Shenault-Percy Harvin (slower version)
Lamb-Hopkins
Claypool-Darren Waller (moving TE)
Ruggs-Santonio Holmes

We get it you're not all about Lamb and you're wrong with the rest of your comments
Originally posted by mayo49:

I like all three

LOL if you expect one of the 3 WRs, then you will be disappointed. It's not happening

We get it you're not all about Lamb and you're wrong with the rest of your comments

Is this a real prediction?
Share 49ersWebzone