LISTEN: The Best Of The 49ers Webzone: No Huddle Podcast →

There are 138 users in the forums

WR Oklahoma CeeDee Lamb

Originally posted by Rathof44:
Since Hill wasn't invited to combine, we eliminate his 4.25-4.28? Speed may not always translate to NFL, but who is arguably the most dangerous WR in NFL? Tyreek Hill.

Most dangerous on the field and off.. in the presence of children.

He's a scumbag. I don't care how fast he runs. It's a travesty KC sold out and dropped charges to allow him to play out the season. They sold out for a game.
[ Edited by strickac on Apr 15, 2020 at 8:12 PM ]
Lamb is a stud though. The separation argument is null. Kyle has said there's many ways for WRs to separate. It's not just a speed thing. Lamb has a radius DBs can't deal with. He's a better prospect than Ruggs. Judy is the only guy ahead of him
I don't think lamb gets nearly the criticism he deserves. We hear worry of Ruggs, jeudy, and Jefferson not being able to get off press, but where do we see lamb Excel in this department? And I don't think his punishing YAC that he showed in a no defense conference holds up at the next level with his current level of strength
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 15, 2020 at 9:10 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
If you go back and watch the LSU game, Lamb was run down by Chaisson on a pass reception. [and it wasn't 20 yards downfield]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I don't think lamb gets nearly the criticism he deserves. We hear worry of Ruggs, jeudy, and Jefferson not being able to get off press, but where do we see lamb Excel in this department? And I don't think his punishing YAC that he showed in a no defense conference holds up at the next level with his current level of strength

All valid concerns. I think Lamb will be a good WR one day, but he's going to have to get stronger to have success playing the way he did in college and he'll have to adjust to playing in a pro style offense. There might be a difficult adjustment period early in his career.

We also aren't drafting a prospect solely to help us win a superbowl this season, so there is no rush while he adjust, even if our fans will definitely show their impatience if he struggles out the gate.

That's fair and I think that is a criticism of him.

Not sure who's calling out ruggs or Jeudy in regards to not beating press though? Jefferson (who I do like) IMO doesn't have the foot speed to get off press. Not his game. He's got a Jordan Matthews floor and a Keenan Allen ceiling imo.
Originally posted by strickac:
Lamb is a stud though. The separation argument is null. Kyle has said there's many ways for WRs to separate. It's not just a speed thing. Lamb has a radius DBs can't deal with. He's a better prospect than Ruggs. Judy is the only guy ahead of him

Seperation argument null? What game or situation are we talking about here? Radius? What?

Is this from a game or are we watching workouts?

Exactly. At least these guys were playing people? I tried to make a Higgins thread and peopled booed me out of the room, talking about how slow he was.

And then hoist up CeeDee lamb as elite!

At least I've seen Higgins against competition and ball. I've seen him match up, win on all levels of the defense, for 4 years.
Originally posted by leonbanton:

Exactly. At least these guys were playing people? I tried to make a Higgins thread and peopled booed me out of the room, talking about how slow he was.

And then hoist up CeeDee lamb as elite!

At least I've seen Higgins against competition and ball. I've seen him match up, win on all levels of the defense, for 4 years.

1. Higgins only played 3 years of college football and only played in 7 games in 2017.

2. Oklahoma played a tougher schedule in 2018 and 2019 than Clemson. LSU was by far the strongest opponent Higgins faced in 2019 and he had 3 catches for 52 yards. The Texas A&M game in 2018 is the only game where he had at least 100 receiving yards against a top 25 team (going by sagarin end of season rankings). Lamb put up 171 yards against Texas and 119 yards against LSU in 2019. He also put up 167 yards against Texas and 109 yards against Alabama in 2018.

3. Higgins ran a 4.54 40 at his Pro Day which equates to ~4.66 at the combine. Lamb ran 4.50 at the combine. Higgins also only jumped 31" in the vertical which is awful for a WR. He's a long strider with some build-up speed and is a good deep threat because of his size and body control, but he is going to struggle to get open in the NFL. He also benefited from playing with arguably the best QB in college football in Trevor Lawrence who is a perfect fit with him and a huge reason he was so productive on deep balls.

4. You weren't booed out of the room. I said I'd be fine picking him at 31 although I have other 2nd tier WRs ahead of him like Aiyuk and Mims. Phoenix said he thought he was towards the bottom of the 2nd tier of WRs which would justify a second round pick. I actually think he's a decent fit in our offense because he's one of the more effective deep threats in the draft as a jump ball receiver. There's less discussion around him because he's a known commodity as a jump ball threat and not much else. Lamb creates much more separation and is better after the catch.
I like Lamb's motor, but I don't think he gets the separation, nor does he have the explosiveness or speed to be a difference making WR

Originally posted by strickac:
Since Hill wasn't invited to combine, we eliminate his 4.25-4.28? Speed may not always translate to NFL, but who is arguably the most dangerous WR in NFL? Tyreek Hill.

Most dangerous on the field and off.. in the presence of children.

He's a scumbag. I don't care how fast he runs. It's a travesty KC sold out and dropped charges to allow him to play out the season. They sold out for a game.

Agreed, but aren't comparing off field issues. Comparing speed and how it impacts the game on the field.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Eagles rumored to be in love with Lamb and looking to move up. Pull that trigger JL
Originally posted by dhp318:
I like Lamb's motor, but I don't think he gets the separation, nor does he have the explosiveness or speed to be a difference making WR

Who was the best WR we have had since TO? I would argue it was clearly Anquon Boldin. Anquon never was gonna create a ton of separation but he was always the go to WR because he had great hands and could catch anything and everything in traffic.

That's Lamb and then some. Lamb has some of the best ball skills of any WR since Hopkins imo. He's open when he's not open. We already have Kendrick Bourne who people are beginning to love and he's not really gonna create a ton of separation either.

Jimmy's game is getting the ball out quick to his WRs and allowing them to RAC. Lamb can do that with the best of them.
Agreed, but aren't comparing off field issues. Comparing speed and how it impacts the game on the field.

Getting suspended doesn't effect on field issues?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I see Grant is back in some capacity.
Share 49ersWebzone