LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 261 users in the forums

WR Oklahoma CeeDee Lamb

Originally posted by krizay:
how dare you

"THIS IS AN '81 HONDA!"

Originally posted by leonbanton:
Yeah, just heard the one good corner he faced this year, Gladney, he got shut down! Please stop this hype wagon. Don't need a big, slow, Deebo Samuel. We have Deebo Samuel. We need a WR. He won't get open in the NFL

Lol you gotta watch the games if you're gonna make claims like that and give people the wrong idea. The games are nice and shortened , easy to see.

I only could find the second half.

Only 53 seconds into the video. Wide open . If Hurts doesn't overthrow him then his stat line is 64 yards and 2 TD. Got wide open vs 4.48 Gladney
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Apr 17, 2020 at 10:22 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Lol you gotta watch the games if you're gonna make claims like that and give people the wrong idea. The games are nice and shortened , easy to see.

Only 53 seconds into the video. Wide open . If Hurts doesn't overthrow him then his stat line is 64 yards and a TD. Got wide open vs 4.48 Gladney

I think too often people just look at the boxscore and assume that a receiver got shutdown if they didn't put up big stats. A receiver can't catch passes that are never thrown his way, no matter how open they might be.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think too often people just look at the boxscore and assume that a receiver got shutdown if they didn't put up big stats. A receiver can't catch passes that are never thrown his way, no matter how open they might be.

Exactly. And boxscore doesn't mean much the other way as well. What if Ceedee had 200 yards vs TCU but he got it because coach kept him away from Gladney? Only way to know for sure, is watch the game.

Exactly. And boxscore doesn't mean much the other way as well. What if Ceedee had 200 yards vs TCU but he got it because coach kept him away from Gladney? Only way to know for sure, is watch the game.

Or if they were down by 50, game script does matter as well.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 17, 2020 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Or if they were down by 50, game script does matter as well.

Agreed.

Also back on the 16 yard stat line. Not against Gladney but this was a real easy td throw, thrown behind a wide open Lamb. So that's two TDs missed and I haven't seen the whole game yet

27 min mark

There's another way, let's draft both and let them battle for years in practice
CeeDee
Originally posted by Heroism:

Good! Hopefully that leaves us Ruggs

Originally posted by Heroism:

This close to the draft, the opposite is more likely to be true.
Yeah, just heard the one good corner he faced this year, Gladney, he got shut down! Please stop this hype wagon. Don't need a big, slow, Deebo Samuel. We have Deebo Samuel. We need a WR. He won't get open in the NFL

Only 53 seconds into the video. Wide open . If Hurts doesn't overthrow him then his stat line is 64 yards and 2 TD. Got wide open vs 4.48 Gladney

I think he can be a good at in the nfl. My personal thing is I see way more value at another position at 13 and receivers we can get later.
Good clip, I don't see explosion, but to your point, I think that deep throw was not great, but you see him go to initiate contact and get seperation at the top of the route instead of running through the route. Without that pause to push off and restart, that looks like he would have gotten to that throw.
[ Edited by leonbanton on Apr 21, 2020 at 10:16 AM ]
Also, I agree that the play at QB hindered his production.
[ Edited by leonbanton on Apr 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM ]
I think he can be a good at in the nfl. My personal thing is I see way more value at another position at 13 and receivers we can get later.
Good clip, I don't see explosion, but to your point, I think that deep throw was not great, but you see him go to initiate contact and get seperation at the top of the route instead of running through the route. Without that pause to push off and restart, that looks like he would have gotten to that throw.

Yea when you watch Lamb then ruggs. It's clear he's nowhere near as explosive. He looks like the more complete WR though. Perfect fit since he loves to block and loves destroying defenders, reminded me of Kittle in that aspect. Amazing body control. And my favorite is the YAC, so he doesn't blow everyone out the water with his speed like ruggs. But good luck taking him down lol

I love ruggs by the way. Would be happy with either for sure.
Lamb is the most well-rounded receiver in the draft. DeAndre Hopkins is an apt comparison. Both players play much bigger than their size but have the route running ability of smaller receivers. They aren't burners but have a good first step and can build up speed late in routes. Though he doesn't have an elite physical trait, he maximizes what he has with high football I.Q. and passion. His work ethic has been lauded by his former coaches. His personal coach, Rischad Whitfield, who has worked with many NFL stars and prospects, has worked with Lamb since high school and said Lamb always goes the extra mile in his training and hasn't missed a workout — even during this pandemic.

https://theathletic.com/1737388/2020/04/16/teds-film-room-ceedee-lamb-jerry-jeudy-or-henry-ruggs/

The intangibles are what put Lamb above Jeudy for me. He seems like a super intense dude, on and off the field, hard worker, good character with the right aggressive mindset.
Share 49ersWebzone