• bors
  • Veteran
Im o. Team lamba lamb
1. Lamb
2. Ruggs
3. Jefferson
4. Jeudy
5. Aiyuk/Higgins/Shenault/Mims

The only thing Jeudy has over Jefferson is that he may be slightly better at route running (both are elite route runners). Jefferson is bigger with better hands and tested as a better athlete at the combine. He's better after the catch as well. Starting to think that Lamb, Ruggs, and Jefferson are the top tier followed by Jeudy just behind them followed by a whole bunch of other good WRs who could be taken anywhere from late round 1 to round 2.

Jefferson caught 111 passes on 134 targets (83%) for 1540 yards (11.5 Y/A) this year. Jeudy's best year was 2018 where he caught 68 passes on 104 targets (65%) for 1315 yards (12.6 Y/A). Both of them had a full season of 15 games playing with an elite QB. LSU played a tougher schedule in 2019 than Alabama played in 2018.

Lamb had a better season than either of them, catching 62 passes on 94 targets (66%) for 1327 yards (14.1 Y/A) in just 13 games (and he didn't have an elite QB). He's by far the best after the catch of the three of them and is up there with Jefferson with respect to catching contested passes. Without him, Hurts isn't in the discussion of first-round picks. Hurts throwing to other players: 175/246 for 2530 yards (10.3 Y/A throwing to other players vs. 14.1 Y/A throwing to Lamb).
As many have said, he's the best WR in the draft, and would love to have him on our team, but as almost 1/3 of the teams in this draft pick before our # 13 selection, ( I think, like most of the board here ), that he's already gone by then. Just glad that we'll finally find out pretty soon.
Looks like Cordarrelle Patterson to me.
I really like Lamb. I just don't think he necessarily brings the elements we're missing or complements what we already have.

That said, Kittle, Deebo and Lamb would be fun to watch. Defenders getting bullied all day.
Originally posted by leonbanton:
Looks like Cordarrelle Patterson to me.

Nah
Originally posted by Heroism:
I really like Lamb. I just don't think he necessarily brings the elements we're missing or complements what we already have.

That said, Kittle, Deebo and Lamb would be fun to watch. Defenders getting bullied all day.

I get what you are saying but to me Lamb is a true #1 WR and at pick #13 i dont think you draft a player that "compliments" what we already have.

Deebo, Kittle, Lamb, and our legion of runningbacks all offer huge playmaking abitlity and a chance to take it to tbe house on every single touch.
Originally posted by miked1978:
i dont think you draft a player that "compliments" what we already have.

Kyle Shanahan does. This is a holistic offense. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't evaluate prospects for myself. I evaluate them to see how they fit in with my favorite team(49ers). If you're doing that, you better start putting yourself in Shanny's shoes.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 4, 2020 at 10:46 AM ]
Kyle Shanahan does. This is a holistic offense. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't evaluate prospects for myself. I evaluate them to see how they fit in with my favorite team(49ers). If you're doing that, you better start putting yourself in Shanny's shoes.

In the end it's up to the coach to draft a guy that he feels will fill a need and work in his system. If they fall too much in love with combine numbers they can end up with a bad fit.
Originally posted by miked1978:

I get what you are saying but to me Lamb is a true #1 WR and at pick #13 i dont think you draft a player that "compliments" what we already have.

Deebo, Kittle, Lamb, and our legion of runningbacks all offer huge playmaking abitlity and a chance to take it to tbe house on every single touch.

Not to mention those three could be here awhile.

I want him but I just don't think he lasts till 13.
I am not sure why but I just don't like Lamb as the pick at #13. I mean there is a lot to like about lamb. He has amazing hands, Locates the ball extremely well when its in the air, and is good at creating yards after the catch. I think It is his lack of separation for a player of his size that bothers me. I feel like I don't see enough separation when I watch him for me to justify taking him at #13. Also we haven't been a back shoulder or throw it up and let the guy make a play on it Kind of team. Maybe we just have not had the right WR for it, I don't know . I am not claiming to be an expert but I prefer Jeudy or Ruggs for this team.
Bruh if Lamb ran.05 faster on his 40 time we'd all be swinging from his nuts saying this was the best prospect out there, It's ridiculous. The dude is a player and I hope
We draft him but I don't know, it's looking like we might need a tackle.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is exactly the stuff he should be putting out. Since Oklahoma's limited offense is the biggest knock on him, showing his ability to run a variety of precise routes. I'm assuming he's sending more footage to teams, if his agent is competent at all.
After watching Jerry Jeudy, every WR in this draft looks like s**t getting in and out of breaks. How many steps did Ceedee take on that whip? 4? 5?

#SpoiledByJeudyTape

I really like Ceedee Lamb, especially the idea of Kittle, Deebo and CeeDee punking fools on the field. I'm all in on that. CeeDee is a stud, and I'll be pumped as hell if the 49ers draft him. Unfortunately, I just can't shake this vision of defenses still stacking the box and Jimmy having to constantly deal with LBs and safeties in his throwing lanes because defenses don't respect the 49ers' ability to stretch the field. That's the one thing I can't look past and what's mainly holding me up over jumping on the CeeDee bandwagon.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 5, 2020 at 1:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone