There are 431 users in the forums

WR Oklahoma CeeDee Lamb

Originally posted by Heroism:
After watching Jerry Jeudy, every WR in this draft looks like s**t getting in and out of breaks. How many steps did Ceedee take on that whip? 4? 5?

#SpoiledByJeudyTape

I really like Ceedee Lamb, especially the idea of Kittle, Deebo and CeeDee punking fools on the field. I'm all in on that. CeeDee is a stud, and I'll be pumped as hell if the 49ers draft him. Unfortunately, I just can't shake this vision of defenses still stacking the box and Jimmy having to constantly deal with LBs and safeties in his throwing lanes because defenses don't respect the 49ers' ability to stretch the field. That's the one thing I can't look past and what's mainly holding me up over jumping on the CeeDee bandwagon.

I think he's going to need time to develop all the routes he wasn't asked to run in Oklahoma. It's good that that is where he has placed his post-combine focus.

I think he actually does un-stack the box. He's not going to outrun your whole secondary with any regularity, but there's a good chance he beats your CB on a 50/50 ball, and that can warrant S help.

I know throwing those contested passes hasn't been a big part of Jimmy's game, but he hasn't really had a guy that regularly wins those. Jimmy has shown a willingness to take risks in camp and PS games, if a guy consistently wins at the catch point (like Deebo did against Baltimore), we could see more of those opportunities down the field. It's much easier to throw those passes than it is to drop it in the bucket through a tight window.
If Jeudy and Ruggs aren't there and Lamb is I'll pass and trade down. I really want nothing to do with Lamb, don't think he's fast enough for my liking and it's gonna take time for him to be better at running routes something kyle is huge on. I quite honestly believe the team prefers Jeudy and Ruggs over Lamb and won't even take him if he's on the board and go with a OT, DT or trade down
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Apr 5, 2020 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If Jeudy and Ruggs aren't there and Lamb is I'll pass and trade down. I really want nothing to do with Lamb, don't think he's fast enough for my liking and it's gonna take time for him to be better at running routes something kyle is huge on. I quite honestly believe the team prefers Jeudy and Ruggs over Lamb and won't even take him if he's on the board and go with a OT, DT or trade down

It's not even just Jeudy and Ruggs, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle has Jefferson above him too.

I think Lamb's a very good prospect with a chance to be a WR1 one day, but I don't think he's the right fit for this team. His skillset doesn't really compliment the other weapons we already have on offense and I worry if the things he got away with vs BIG12 defenders will work in the pros. He doesn't have elite physical traits that make you think that'll carry over so easily without an adjustment period.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

It's not even just Jeudy and Ruggs, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle has Jefferson above him too.

I think Lamb's a very good prospect with a chance to be a WR1 one day, but I don't think he's the right fit for this team. His skillset doesn't really compliment the other weapons we already have on offense and I worry if the things he got away with vs BIG12 defenders will work in the pros. He doesn't have elite physical traits that make you think that'll carry over so easily without an adjustment period.

Idk man, IMO Lamb is going to be a star, he does everything great, for me it goes, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, or trade down for Mims, I want a WR at 13 tho, OL, CB, DT could all come in the 2nd, 4th and 5th with a trade down from 31. ( assuming Staley doesn't retire )
[ Edited by jersey49er on Apr 5, 2020 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Idk man, IMO Lamb is going to be a star, he does everything great, for me it goes, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, or trade down for Mims, I want a WR at 13 tho, OL, CB, DT could all come in the 2nd, 4th and 5th with a trade down from 31. ( assuming Staley doesn't retire )

For me I agree with the first two posts. When I watch Lamb I see a guy who is kind of slow for my liking coming out of his breaks which lead to a lack of separation ( not that it might not be able to be improved upon once he reaches the NFL). While I also want a WR as i think it is are biggest need. I don't think that we should overdraft someone who has a draft value that should be drafted later on. Here is the draft grade I put on them

Jeudy- a Top 10 draft pick.. He is my highest graded WR since Amari Cooper and honestly I think I grade him higher then cooper. I think he is a really special talent at WR.

Ruggs- I have a mid 1st round grade on. Ideally for me I think a 15-25 pick. He has huge upside and based off our need though I think I would be willing to slightly overdraft him at #13

Then there is a bunch of guys who I have a late first round or early 2nd round grade on, Such as Lamb, Jefferson and Mims. I personally have a late first round grade on Lamb.

I honestly love Jeudy enough to want to try and jump the jets and raiders to draft him. If Jeudy and Ruggs are gone when we pick I think we should either trade down, or go with another position,then Draft a WR with our next draft pick. Its a deep class no need to reach for someone who we don't feel is worthy of the pick based off of a need. I get that a lot of people think more of Lamb then I do though.

I can definitely see Kyle liking Jefferson over Lamb. I like Jefferson as well, shows he has speed and a good route runner but my question is is he only a slot wr?
Originally posted by Bloodless:
For me I agree with the first two posts. When I watch Lamb I see a guy who is kind of slow for my liking coming out of his breaks which lead to a lack of separation ( not that it might not be able to be improved upon once he reaches the NFL). While I also want a WR as i think it is are biggest need. I don't think that we should overdraft someone who has a draft value that should be drafted later on. Here is the draft grade I put on them

Jeudy- a Top 10 draft pick.. He is my highest graded WR since Amari Cooper and honestly I think I grade him higher then cooper. I think he is a really special talent at WR.

Ruggs- I have a mid 1st round grade on. Ideally for me I think a 15-25 pick. He has huge upside and based off our need though I think I would be willing to slightly overdraft him at #13

Then there is a bunch of guys who I have a late first round or early 2nd round grade on, Such as Lamb, Jefferson and Mims. I personally have a late first round grade on Lamb.

I honestly love Jeudy enough to want to try and jump the jets and raiders to draft him. If Jeudy and Ruggs are gone when we pick I think we should either trade down, or go with another position,then Draft a WR with our next draft pick. Its a deep class no need to reach for someone who we don't feel is worthy of the pick based off of a need. I get that a lot of people think more of Lamb then I do though.

How is Jeudy a better prospect than Cooper? Cooper was 20 pounds heavier, faster, and displayed elite quickness at the combine with a 6.71 3 cone and 3.98 shuttle. He had 1727 yards on 124 catches playing with Blake Sims. Jeudy doesn't have his size, his production, or his measurables. Both were elite route runners (Jeudy doesn't have a huge edge here that makes up for everything else).

Cooper was a consensus top 5 player in the 2015 draft. No one has Jeudy going in the top 5 in this year's draft and there's a decent chance he'll be there at 13. He would have been the #4 WR in that 2015 class after Kevin White and DeVante Parker. Jeudy may be the 3rd or 4th WR taken in this class.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
How is Jeudy a better prospect than Cooper? Cooper was 20 pounds heavier, faster, and displayed elite quickness at the combine with a 6.71 3 cone and 3.98 shuttle. He had 1727 yards on 124 catches playing with Blake Sims. Jeudy doesn't have his size, his production, or his measurables. Both were elite route runners (Jeudy doesn't have a huge edge here that makes up for everything else).

Cooper was a consensus top 5 player in the 2015 draft. No one has Jeudy going in the top 5 in this year's draft and there's a decent chance he'll be there at 13. He would have been the #4 WR in that 2015 class after Kevin White and DeVante Parker. Jeudy may be the 3rd or 4th WR taken in this class.

Yeah, I don't think Jerry Jeudy is close to Amari Cooper as a prospect. This WR group is very good, but people are getting way too carried away.

and before someone responds: being a worse prospect doesn't mean he can't become a better player in the NFL. We're just comparing them as prospects coming out here.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 5, 2020 at 12:47 PM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

No you are right. I think I was thinking of Ridley not Cooper. Those Alabama Receivers start to blend together for me. I disagree about Parker and White. At least for me I never felt the way about either as a prospect as I do about Jeudy. As for Jeudy being the third or 4th WR taken.i don't see it Happening ,as I think Jeudy Is clearly the best WR in this draft. That is just my opinion though. Others might have another.

Damn, Lamb has grown on me a lot. I'm really warming up to the idea of Lamb, Deebo and Kittle kicking ass in the NFC West. I love his toughness on the field and how he competes when the ball is in the air and doesn't go down to the first guy trying to tackle him. If I was drafting a WR for my team, I would probably go with Lamb over Ruggs and Jeudy. But I'm not so sure Kyle will.

btw, what's this stuff I hear about being a partier? I tried looking for more information about that, and the only "source" I found was Walter Football . Did any credible sources report that about Lamb?
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 6, 2020 at 12:39 PM ]

I'm really warming up to the idea of Lamb, Deebo and Kittle kicking ass in the NFC West. I love his toughness on the field and how he competes when the ball is in the air and doesn't go down to the first guy trying to tackle him. If I was drafting a WR for my team, I would probably go with Lamb over Ruggs and Jeudy. But I'm not so sure Kyle will.

btw, what's this stuff I hear about being a partier? I tried looking for more information about that, and the only "source" I found was Walter Football . Did any credible sources report that about Lamb?

Garoppolo would finally have that WR who's open when he's not esp. outside. Every QB needs that guy.

Damn, Lamb has grown on me a lot. I'm really warming up to the idea of him, Deebo and Kittle kicking ass in the NFC West. I love his toughness on the field and how he competes when the ball is in the air. If I was drafting a WR for my team, I would probably go with Lamb over Ruggs and Jeudy. But I'm not so sure Kyle will.

Kind of where I'm at. He's grown on me as well. That said, as I sit here right now, if we stay at 13 I'm hoping Fulton 1st or Lamb if we go WR.
Finally you guys coming around on him, kids a beast no doubt! Man the thought of him, Deebo and Kittle yacing fools is exciting
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Finally you guys coming around on him, kids a beast no doubt! Man the thought of him, Deebo and Kittle yacing fools is exciting

I've liked Lamb from the moment I began watching him. He's my type of player(aka an ass kicker). I'm just not sure if he's what Kyle is looking for with the two other guys being so easy to envision Kyle loving(hell, Jeudy is basically a plus version of Pettis). But something that made me rethink this was last year the team putting a heavy emphasis on drafting tough, physical and hypercompetitive players. Deebo and Hurd brought a good balance of toughness and physicality while still being athletic enough for Kyle. Lamb seems to be in a similar mold. Was this a shift in draft philosophy or one-time thing? If it's the former, then there's good chance CeeDee will be wearing red and gold.

Plus, Simms was gushing over Lamb. I don't think that's coincidental lol. I'm positive he's sat down with Kyle recently and watched WRs.
Share 49ersWebzone