LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 219 users in the forums

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Originally posted by rathman4481:
Only thing I don't like about this kid is that he doesn't throw great touch passes like fields does IMO. He likes to rifle everything a la kaepernick

Well I don't really agree there...he's a much much more natural thrower.

I would say this is damn good touch

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Only thing I don't like about this kid is that he doesn't throw great touch passes like fields does IMO. He likes to rifle everything a la kaepernick

That's not touch. If that's your best example of touch, he's got problems.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Apr 10, 2021 at 7:13 AM ]
The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports the Washington Football Team could "unload all their picks" to move up in the NFL Draft and select North Dakota State's Trey Lance.

"I think they love Lance. I don't think, I know Washington loves Lance," Lombardi said on a recent GM Shuffle Pod. "I think they're willing to go get him." The Football Team trading away a bunch of picks to move into Atlanta's No. 4 draft spot would upend the entire draft, changing plans for most teams outside the top five or six selections. Lance in Washington would hardly be ideal for Terry McLaurin, as the Football Team would most likely operate a run-heavy offense centered on Lance and Antonio Gibson. Even if he gets the Week 1 gig, Ryan Fitzpatrick could once again be usurped

SOURCE: Burgundy Blog on Twitter
Apr 9, 2021, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports the Washington Football Team could "unload all their picks" to move up in the NFL Draft and select North Dakota State's Trey Lance.

"I think they love Lance. I don't think, I know Washington loves Lance," Lombardi said on a recent GM Shuffle Pod. "I think they're willing to go get him." The Football Team trading away a bunch of picks to move into Atlanta's No. 4 draft spot would upend the entire draft, changing plans for most teams outside the top five or six selections. Lance in Washington would hardly be ideal for Terry McLaurin, as the Football Team would most likely operate a run-heavy offense centered on Lance and Antonio Gibson. Even if he gets the Week 1 gig, Ryan Fitzpatrick could once again be usurped

• 91til
  • Veteran

They're gonna f**ken unload all over the number four pick
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

That's not touch. If that's your best example of touch, he's got problems.

Actually, It Is compared to a Kaepernick pass.
  1. Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

So basically lamar jackson
I'd be thrilled if it was Lance. He just seems like the best situation for the next decade (not this year).

Only 20 years old. Damn.
[ Edited by Costanza on Apr 10, 2021 at 11:58 AM ]

Yeah I don't know what they're talking about. If anything Fields needs to throw more touch passes. Fields is certainly more accurate down the field but most of his throws are on a rope.

I don't know about all of that. McLaurin with his speed would feast in a run heavy, vertical passing attack.

Lance would probably have killed it in a Norv Turner offense and I feel like that's the style that Rivera prefers.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'd be thrilled if it was Lance. He just seems like the best situation for the next decade (not this year).

I agree!
I think you take Lance when your choices are Lance or Fields and Fields is already off the board. Much like the 49ers are okay with any of there top 3. A team would be okay with any of those two.
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 10, 2021 at 2:22 PM ]
I don't think it's Lance because it's way too risky to spend 3 firsts on him when he has limited experience and a lot of development needed.

Fields is the guy.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by FacePalm:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Are we sure he has the highest upside? He'll never be as fast as Fields, and I don't think he'll ever be as accurate either. But he's younger, and he's spent more time under center.

I would say so. Arm strength is comparable to Fields but plays faster in the pocket with a quicker release. Looks to have more natural instincts maneuvering the pocket.

And a more fluid runner with the ball. It just looks easy for him.
This. faster feet and a livelier set and throw. Really like how he gets off balance to make a play -- he's seizing the play, he's reacting to the opportunity. He doesn't look robotic or over coached. Problem is, he's not playing the Alabama's and Ohio States. You wonder if he will hold up if everyone is 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier. Plus, there's way too many designed runs in his high lights up the middle. No way that's happening in the NFL. I don't see any read option. The same plays in the NFL will lead to injury. Is there any all-22 for him?
Share 49ersWebzone