LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 232 users in the forums

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
None of them should be playing as a rookie.

but i have confidence with Fields and Mac can play and win (not at SB level) if Jimmy G gets injured

Sudfeld is insurance
Colin Kaepernick comparisons? Yeah I had enough of that for one life time

stay far away!
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

stay far away!

Anyone comping him to Kap is being lazy
If Lance was white his comp would be Allen/Herbert comping him to Kap lol horrible take.
If Lance was white his comp would be Allen/Herbert comping him to Kap lol horrible take.

He really is very similar to Josh Allen...
Not sure if this has been posted, kinda old now but well done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLJ433VXQw&ab_channel=ESPNCollegeFootball

stay far away!

You haven't heard? Any light skin qb with a strong arm is Kap according to the many here
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

stay far away!

You haven't heard? Any light skin qb with a strong arm is Kap according to the many here

I call my GF Kaepernick cause she's always kneeling.
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Not a fan of lances accuracy. I just don't think it's that good at where he is at in his development

He's really a lot like Josh Allen. Not the same arm strength but he's also young enough to where you could see it improve even further, especially once he gets some of his mechanics ironed out. If you draft him, you absolutely have to sit him for a year so Garoppolo isn't going anywhere but I don't think the talent is in doubt, he's got an enormous ceiling, opinions vary on whether or not he'll ever hit it.

Extremely horrible. Loved Kap,....took us to a Super Bowl and could've developed more. But Lance and he are nothing alike.
There no legit comp for Lance. He's like a running back in the open field but also seems smooth in the pocket and has good awareness. Just gotta be more consistent ball placentment
tand accuracy wise.
Originally posted by random49er:

Extremely horrible. Loved Kap,....took us to a Super Bowl and could've developed more. But Lance and he are nothing alike.

Yeah at first glance I get the Kap comparison as I had this same thought, but when you watch more games of his, he's not at all. He's very RAW and he can run like a RB, but I totally understand him going very high based on potential. Hes still only 20? Crazy.

This is a thing of beauty, completely stopping his momentum, perfect base and quick unload.

The kid has so much potential
Originally posted by IceMan1763:
Not sure if this has been posted, kinda old now but well done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLJ433VXQw&ab_channel=ESPNCollegeFootball
Not trying to pile onto Lance but even the Minnesota Gophers did not want him to play QB coming out of high school? Now I am supposed to believe after one season over 1 year ago in the FBS where he averaged like 18 passes a game, he is now ready to play QB in the NFL? Not just play QB in the NFL but worthy of #3 overall and two future first-rounders? I am not even sure how he is still in the conversation at this point. If you are going to draft someone simply because of physical traits then just draft Fields as he has everything you would want from a physical talent standpoint.
Share 49ersWebzone