LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 211 users in the forums

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ok after watching tape again, im confident the niners take lance. honestly ill be surprised if kyle doesn't take him.

What did you see that makes you so confident? How many of his 288 TOTAL college throws did you watch?

I feel like once Mahomes hit, every fan thinks that any Raw QB can be molded into a Hall of Famer. (Even though Mahomes was a 3 year starter with almost 1500 college passes.)

I feel like after Allen hit, every fan thinks every strong armed inaccurate QB can improve their accuracy. (Even though Allen started 2.5 years in college and needed 2 NFL seasons to develop, and is really the ONLY example of a QB drastically improving his accuracy)

Those two camps have converged and Lance arrived just in time as their Anointed One.

He reminds me of Deshone Kizer who seems a bit more of a natural runner and thrower.

i see a s**t ton if similar plays kyle uses, he runs a more pro style offense, love his throwing mechanics, his athleticism, etc

he obviously has his weaknesses but its nothing where i see he cant get better at.

Pro style offense? He rushed the ball 177 times for 1200 yards and 16 TDs. He only threw the ball 100 more times than he passed the ball and only threw for 12 more TDs than he ran for.

Are you talking about formations and personnel? You don't think Fields can adjust to playing with a FB and 21 personnel?

THIS THIS THIS

PLEASE GOD GIVE ME FIELDS
The kid already processes faster than Fields that's just just a natural ability. Anything he can improve on just requires practice.
wait, John Beck is now working with Trey Lance, too?

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 14, 2021 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yeah apparently Kyle told him that kicking it with Watson's massage liaison was a bad look.

Middlekauff said he got a DM from someone that the Shanahans told Lance to work with Beck.

If true I believe the debate in the front office is between Fields and Lance. Both also incorporated Shanahan throws and drills in their pro days which further gives this credence imo.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:

Middlekauff said he got a DM from someone that the Shanahans told Lance to work with Beck.

If true I believe the debate in the front office is between Fields and Lance. Both also incorporated Shanahan throws and drills in their pro days which further gives this credence imo.

Very interesting to say the least.
Originally posted by Costanza:

It always should've been between those 2. Much more talented, high ceilings and can make plays when things go
to s**t.
Originally posted by Costanza:

GTFO McCorkle
I still have Lance as least likely to be the pick of the three guys. That said he'd be the one I was most excited about if he was the pick. Those numbers from his nineteen year old sophomore season were insane. And he comes from an under center play action offense. Man I wish he had a whole season last year. He averaged 6.5 yards a carry as a sophomore when he went for 1100 yards and 14 tds on the ground. With 140 and 2 in his only game as a junior I just wonder how crazy his numbers would've been this year.
Originally posted by roasthawg:
I still have Lance as least likely to be the pick of the three guys. That said he'd be the one I was most excited about if he was the pick. Those numbers from his nineteen year old sophomore season were insane. And he comes from an under center play action offense. Man I wish he had a whole season last year. He averaged 6.5 yards a carry as a sophomore when he went for 1100 yards and 14 tds on the ground. With 140 and 2 in his only game as a junior I just wonder how crazy his numbers would've been this year.

This is how I feel.

If he had played this year and replicate 2019 and got better - good chance he could've went #1 or 2 overall...
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

If he had played this year and replicate 2019 and got better - good chance he could've went #1 or 2 overall...

Nobody was going ahead of Lawrence. But yeah number two was clearly wide open. I think Lance would've been even better this year. Rushing wise for sure. Would've loved to see how his passing game improved. I still hope we take him but don't think we will. I think it's Fields.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
GTFO McCorkle

Who is McCorkle? I keep hearing him mentioned in various places.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
GTFO McCorkle

It's Mac's middle name. Dweebs on the internet use it to try to demean him for some reason. They can't separate the person from the player.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by fryet:
GTFO McCorkle

It's Mac's middle name. Dweebs on the internet use it to try to demean him for some reason. They can't separate the person from the player.
Cuz he's a douche? And overrated? And has b***h tits?
Share 49ersWebzone