LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 221 users in the forums

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"When you get an opportunity to go through something like that, it is really cool to find out about people in your building, how they handle it."

Translation-"We about to start firing some people up in here!"

I thought the same. Who's a brown nose, who's genuine about their evaluations, who really knows me, what I want, who's leaking, etc.
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
The fact that anyone believes a word these fools have said after all this is straight up f**king mind blowing.

Haha. Like I said, Lombardi had Lance so he's not invested in finding out Kyle's own STAFF thought he was picking Mac. I'm sure they were willing to laugh about it openly post pick.
So freaking cool.

His little brother looks like he could be LaVar Ball's son.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

His mom is really tall
Originally posted by btthepunk:

He's playing WR for NDSU in the fall
I'm OK with this all in caps.

We got Trey Lance!!! Yes!!!

Best part is - he was the one they wanted all along!!! Love that! They went and got him. Amazing job Lynch, the FO, and of course Shanahan.
Originally posted by fan49:
The fact that Mac was picked last was expected and proved he was never a top 5 pick. Actually not even a top 10 pick

And it's very telling that the WFT that needs a franchise QB wouldn't even trade up 5 spots to grab him. The Jets behind them traded up 9 spots from 23 to 14 to get the guy they wanted and they didn't give up all that much.
  • DC9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DC9er:
I strongly suspect that Mac Jones is not and has never been our primary target. I think we traded up for Fields or Lance, with one of them being the favorite. Mac Jones was seen as an acceptable safety net if those two guys failed miserably or the draft didn't go as expected. He has never been anything more than a backup plan.

Called it.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/146810-trotter-49ers-traded-evaluate-lance-justin-fields-safety/

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Lance is better than Fields for long term upside.

Hard to say as no QB in NFL draft history has a shorter resume than Lance. 2000 yards passing at a nothing school but with Shanny we'll know he'l.p. reach his ceiling.

truth.

Er Matt Cassell threw 33 passes in college. 33!
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm OK with this all in caps.

That sucks cuz Bayless is always wrong.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

"When you get an opportunity to go through something like that, it is really cool to find out about people in your building, how they handle it."

I read that in the Obama translator voice lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I thought the same. Who's a brown nose, who's genuine about their evaluations, who really knows me, what I want, who's leaking, etc.

AGree!
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
The fact that anyone believes a word these fools have said after all this is straight up f**king mind blowing.

The same people will quote them next year regarding who we want, unfortunately.
Share 49ersWebzone